The Pokemon Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pokemon Center

Throughout Japan there are these places known as "The Pokemon Center" which sell nothing but Pokemon related stuff. Toys, dolls, food, clothes, stationary, collecting cards and games. Basically, if it's got anything to do with Pokemon, this place will sell it. Anyway, my son wanted to visit during the summer holidays so we went today.

Knowing how many of you guys here are in to Pokemon, I took a few sneak shots with the phone for you all.

The place was packed but over half the people were none Japanese!

Crappy digital thing. Sort of like a 100 yen app on a phone but cost 4980 yen

Moncolle ????? I'm completely lost.

Those massive Pikachus are pretty expensive.

My son bought this wrist band thing that you attach plastic marbles to. He seems to really like it.

Ah, my favourite Pokemon, Banana lion

Cards, cards, cards

Some Pokemon Chocolates

A special Pokemon music CD collection available with the new 3DS game pre-order (From what I can gather)

My son won a Pikachu plastic file in the raffle

Even the capsule machines are all Pokemon.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 15-08-2015, 13:14.

I've visited the one by Hamamatsucho / Daimon stations in Tokyo a few times and it's always been busy.

I've bought no end of plastic tat from there over the years.

I like the way they bag up your purchase and then give you the other size bags as a sort of gift as they all have different designs on them.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I like the way they bag up your purchase and then give you the other size bags as a sort of gift as they all have different designs on them.
      hehehe, yeah. My son bought that wrist thing and a few packs of cards which they don't sell anywhere in our city, yet he came out with 3 bags. He got some new character on his game too. I'm guessing the data is broadcast in the Pokemon center but just in case it's not here's the method of obtaining the character.

You may need to download the image from photobucket to see the text. - http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/...psneo0fxnl.jpg

Comment

Osaka one shut down several years ago I think. At least, its no longer where it was and if it moved, it doesnt get advertised. The Precure store is doing great business however.

Comment

I imagine
          Moncolle = pokemon collection

I went to the one this year...I think it was in Sunshine in Ikebukuro near where the misses works. I used to go to the one near Tokyo station with my brother when he visited before it moved. Wasted far too much money there.

Comment

That looks great. I want to buy stuff.

Comment

If myself as a 11 year old was placed in there I'd probably be paralysed with excitement.

Comment

The first time I went to Tokyo in '07 the Pokemon Centre was in Gonna. Went back the following year and it had moved to its current location in Daimon.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  If myself as a 11 year old was placed in there I'd probably be paralysed with excitement.
                  Be honest, Speedy, you'd be excited if you were there today too!

I was a grown man when I went to the Bandai Museum, but was still pretty loopy at the sight of their 1:1 Gundam!

Comment

Oh certainly! No doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Be honest, Speedy, you'd be excited if you were there today too!

I was a grown man when I went to the Bandai Museum, but was still pretty loopy at the sight of their 1:1 Gundam!
                      Now, a Bandai Museum I can enjoy just a shame it's probably in Tokyo like everything in Japan.

Comment

Plus it's closed!

Comment

Closed because it's 2.15am in Tokyo or closed as in never opening again?

Comment

The second one i think. As awesome as the Bandai museum is with it's incredible 1:1 gundam, i'd still get giddy at the cup noodle museum i really want to go there one day, aww yeah. You can even make your own one of a kind cup noodle in there it's a fantastic place hehe.

Have quite a few things from the pokemon centres, my pikachu yellow ds lite came from the Tokyo one along with a very kind lady who used to run a pokemon shop online that went there to pick up my pokemon mini for me and some games.

Comment

As in it's closed down

It's was amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X