No announcement yet.

Blackadder V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a youth there used to be something about Blackadder III that I wasn't keen on but watching at an older age I really liked it. Blackadder II is my definitive series of the show though. Every ep was pure gold... or should I say... purest greeeen!

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 24-08-2015, 09:16.

Comment

For me I think the line of all the series is when prince George turns round to Blackadder and says :
      “You look as happy as a man who thought a cat had done it's business on his pie but it turned out to be an extra large blueberry”.

Comment

Blackberry.

Quality show. All my history knowledge come from it and is hence largely inaccurate!

Comment

Had a flashback to that bit where Baldrick gets a turnip rammed onto his head, and the sound effect that goes with it.

We don't get stuff like that nowadays. Everybody seems to wanna watch stuff like The Big Bang Theory....and I don't.

We need a bit of anarchy back. Like Rik exaggeratedly ODing on pills in The Young Ones. Like Super Hans kicking off that toilet door in Peep Show. Too much talky, anodyne 'comedy' now.

Comment

Can't be has bad as Blackadder one tbf

Comment

That was finding its feet. Had some funny jokes but really the show only got it right when they switched the dynamic in series 2. Wasn't there a special? Or even maybe two? I can't remember a thing about them except not feeling very positive about them.

Comment

Balckadder's xmas carol was pretty good.
                Series 2 was when Ben Elton came onboard with the writing. Curtis on his own was quite a different show, though I still enjoyed it.

Comment

I can't remember that one all that well but, if I were to guess, I would suspect my issue with Christmas Carol was probably that it was that story and I'm bored to death with takes on that story. The last one to get away with it for me was the Muppets one and that's it for Christmas Carol. I'm out. The world needs no more versions.

Comment

Blackadder had a Christmas Carol version (where Blackadder is good and turns bad), and a short for Comic Relief whereby Blackadder is trying to save Charles I from the execution stand.

To be honest, I'm with many people in saying that it couldn't be near the magnificence of series 2-4, conversely it would probably still be better than a lot of comedy currently being shown...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've just Googled their ages like a saddo.

Rowan Atkinson is 60
                      Tony Robinson is 69
                      Tim McInnerny is 58
                      Stephen Fry is 57
                      Hugh Laurie is 56
                      Miranda Richardson is 57
                      Robbie Coltrane is 65
                      Ade Edmondson is 58
                      Rik Mayall is...dead, quite dead.

It's gonna be like New Tricks but even stranger. It's gonna be weird. Phweird.

Comment

I quite like New Tricks.

Comment

It's gonna be ****, just full of fan service. Unless they have a CGI rik mayall I'm not interested

Comment

CGI Rik Mayall FTW! Voiced by Jon Culshaw. And a prosthetic, animatronic Patsy Byrne if poss.

And with New Tricks...Dennis Waterman's shark teeth always mesmerise me...I can't watch TV normally when he's on...I get nightmares of those choppers biting my nads. Scary!

Comment

To be honest I never really liked Rik Mayall in Black Adder. He seemed so out of place plus he wasn't in it that much anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love Rik Mayall in all of his shows and live performances but for some reason he never sat well in Black Adder with me.

Comment

Are you kidding? His appearances in Blackadder are legendary

Comment

Working...
                                X