No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a great game whatever the resolution. I've never had as much longevity of entertainment from a racing game as GT4. I played it for ages before moving on. The next similar type of game I played after that was Forza Motorsport 3 on the XB360 and despite its undoubted quality it never grabbed me in the same way as GT4 and before it GT3 had done.

Comment

Played through all of Sonic Adventure for the first time in years. It holds up even less than I remember but I still have a soft spot for it.

That first level with the whale sold me on the Dreamcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        That first level with the whale sold me on the Dreamcast.
        Yeah, a classic moment in gaming.

Comment

Been playing some Crest of Wolf on PC Engine and Import Tuner Challenge on 360 (too early here for 360 chat?)

Managed to clear Crest of Wolf on default settings without continues. It’s not that hard when you realise you can jump kick almost every enemy to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            Yeah, a classic moment in gaming.
            I still remember walking into Woolies and seeing it set up. I'd played Power Stone on import at Tommyfield Market previously but it was that level that sold me

It was more than that though. The game had an online community accessed via an in-game browser with lots of Chao raising discussions. I think you could upload your Chaos as well? It was a glimpse of what the DC could do and it felt special. I have a lot of fond memories surrounding that game and the Dreamcast.

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
            Been playing some Crest of Wolf on PC Engine and Import Tuner Challenge on 360 (too early here for 360 chat?)

Managed to clear Crest of Wolf on default settings without continues. It’s not that hard when you realise you can jump kick almost every enemy to death.
            I seem to jump between this thread and the general gaming thread with 360/PS3 stuff depending on how I'm feeling. They're old enough now anyway.

I never got that into Import Tuner Challenge and I rinsed Tokyo Highway Challenge. Pity its stuck on the 360, hopefully emulation can make it more accessible again in the future.
            Last edited by Cepp; 26-10-2020, 08:46.

Comment

Must admit, I’m still on the fence with it. I’ll give it another go, but I’m not convinced I’ll sink a lot of time into it.

Comment

Started John Romero's SIGIL mod for DOOM and ****ing hell its hard. It does not mess about, and that's on Hurt Me Plenty! Ultra Violence is out of the question right now.

Comment

Now I've got the Famicom connected to the TV via Retrotink, I can get back on it. Mostly playing Side Pocket and continuing my Taito Grand Prix career.

Got a few games to be getting on with, might get a few more when I get paid next!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post

Got a few games to be getting on with
                    Salamander...

Adventure Island is a simple but fun game.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 28-10-2020, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Salamander...

Adventure Island is a simple but fun game.
                      Simple yet brutal more like

Still really fun though

Comment

Gone back to see if Rambo on the 360 is still as bad as I remember. It is slightly more charming now I expect it to be crap, but it’s still crap. That game was one hell of a disappointment on release.

Comment

Salamander now works properly after some considerable isopropyl action and I was playing Adventure Island just now! I'm a big fan of the original Wonder Boy so I equally like this version with all the different characters. It's a funny one to play in any form - I either completely get into the flow and do quite well buzzing through stages no problem or I make a ton of mistakes and die in the first area. There's no real in between, I either do alright or absolutely appallingly.

Comment

My skills at Side Pocket are slowly returning...

I love Side Pocket (and Pocket Gal), any version of it really. With games like these it's more about presentation and atmosphere than anything. I love the music and the look of the game. It's the Neo Turf Masters of billiards.

Comment

Side Pocket is a great series on all format, it just plays so well, the 3D one wasn't great on Saturn, but 2 was still very enjoyable.

Comment

Never played Side Pocket and only vaguely heard of it but I'm curious now; I'll give it a go at the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X