No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing a bit of Air Combat on the PSX, I recently finished Ace Combat Assault Horizon so going from that to this was a bit of a shock lol The graphics are crude and there's only 17 missions which can be done in a couple of hours, but it's still fun to play and has a cool 90s arcade style soundtrack similar to the original Ridge Racer.

Have also been playing a bit of Gran Turismo 2 which is much harder than I remember

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Which WRC?
      The first one by evolution. Managed to complete the other day, a bit more arcadey than McRae and definitely not as good looking but I really enjoyed it, will try and get the rest of the series. My biggest complaint is the terrible music and menus, they chose some ****ty trance/house track that gets repetitive after ten seconds and use it on every single menu.

Comment

Finished Batman on the MD at the weekend.
        Have to say thought it was a massive disappointment after the quality that was the NES game.

Comment

I've been playing on my PC Engine over the past week or so and loving it.

Devil Crash is a game I've always liked - and it still puts a smile on my face. I've also been playing Air Zonk[PC Denjin Punkic Cyborg!], which is such a good looking, crazily fun shooter. It's one of those retro games that has a special magic about it because true genius people created it.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-01-2016, 21:46.

Comment

I've been playing LSD Dream Emulator:

WTF is going on?? Strangely, I can't seem to stop playing it

Comment

Currently 10 hours into Suikoden II. Wow, it's so beautiful. The plot is dark and can be very moving. Highlights how poor the genre is today.

Comment

Truly is a beautiful game. The music is incredible too. Some of it is really moving.

Comment

Remember when Konami made games?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                    The first one by evolution. Managed to complete the other day, a bit more arcadey than McRae and definitely not as good looking but I really enjoyed it, will try and get the rest of the series. My biggest complaint is the terrible music and menus, they chose some ****ty trance/house track that gets repetitive after ten seconds and use it on every single menu.
                    WRC 4 is the best one. Tons of stages, much better handling and stunning looks. Going back on Suikoden II, it's my third play but it has actually impressed me the most this time. Another game that deals well with more mature themes, although this is more the perils of War.

Comment

After picking up Secret Of Mana for a great price I'm determined to finally finish it.
                      It's a great game but I don't feel it deserves its classic status based on the 6 hours or so I've probably put into it. The AI seems incredibly ropey (although less so when playing with a second player) with your companions either ignoring their battlegrid status or getting continually snagged on objects as you move about.
                      Grinding is also annoying. It's admittedly not as prevalent as in the Final Fantasy series but it's still there and feels cheap. I'm a firm believer that you should move to a boss, killing everything in your way and having a challenging, but ultimately fair battle. You don't get that with Mana and I've often had to tirelessly level up to stand a better chance of defeating bosses. It's cheap too, with it possible to get a character caught in multiple enemy hits when you're powerless to do anything about it. Yes it can be exploited in enemies, but it's infuriating when a character gets stuck in a loop and you can't cycle to it in time.

Despite my gripes there's no denying that it's a solid game, more so because of the ring inventory system and the surprisingly deep combat system. As it stands at the moment it feels like an 8/10.

Comment

I've been play the Snes too . Just loving Pilotwings, F-Zero and Contra III (god the music is so awesome even today )

Comment

Finished original Xbox Wolfenstein: Tides Of War on the hardest difficultly. Mad story, still very playable although a bit clunky and crude looking at times. But what struck me most was that the AI is often better, much better than some I've come across in much more recent FPS games. Enemies are sometimes too psychic or the very opposite: dim and short-sighted, inconsistently so when and where the game 'decides' it, something I've always hated. But when they play it straight the AI is really quite impressive.

Thinking about following this up by doing the unlocked Wolfenstein 3D I've never bothered to play through before.

Comment

Snes over here! I've been playing the translated version of front mission on my sd2snes.

I love snes RPGs. I like that they have about half as much dialogue as post 16bit games. Every character doesn't depart some boring, noodling life story.

Short and snappy!

Comment

Been playing Legend Of Illusion on the GG cracking wee game. Also playing Gulkave (SG-1000), Gaiares and Bare Knuckle 3. That block smashing while being chased by the low loader section costs me lifes every time.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Been playing Legend Of Illusion on the GG cracking wee game. Also playing Gulkave (SG-1000), Gaiares and Bare Knuckle 3. That block smashing while being chased by the low loader section costs me lifes every time.
                                Make sure to turn around and punch it back away from you. I've been playing some phoenix wright: ace attorney on the wii. Enjoyable stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X