(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
    I Bought Neo Turf Masters on CD for the neo geo, about 2 years ago, for ?50, looking around this morning people want between ?250 and ?400 for it on you know where, surely its not that rare is it. not that I would ever sell it.

oh and its a great game as well, love it.
    Can't comment on the game price itself, but what I have noticed is the prices of games lately..ssshh

I've been looking for Castlevania SOTN ( PAL),one sold on Fleabay for ?180 WTF!!!!! ..I sold my copy only 4 years ago and was lucky to get ?70 for it.

Comment

I know its crazy, prices are going up all the time, I paid ?80 for Neo Driftout and thought at the time am I mad but maybe in hindsight it was a bargain , I think my Neo Geo CD collections is worth a lot now , just looking at prices, of Breakers, Pulstar and few others today , but of course that depends if they sell.

Comment

Your right, some of these BIN prices are ridiculous..and just because that's the price,it doesn't mean it's actually worth or sell for that.

But saying that,what I've been seeing would contradict my last statement( shows what I know)..I wish I kept my collection now.

Comment

Bidding on a Neo Driftout is up at ?120 with a while to go , so I guess I made an investment, that's the beauty of Retro gaming, buy a PS4 Game and its worth ?10 or a little more a year on.

Buy something decent retro, and it will only go up it seems at the moment, supply and demand I suppose.

Comment

Retro does seem to be rocketing quicker than ever before. Searching some of my games on Ebay I was amazed this week at how much some of them are selling for. ?60 - ?80 for PAL Skies, ?90+ for Shenmue 2 PAL DC!

Comment

Finally completed Secret Of Mana for the very first time. My opinion hasn't changed. It's a fun game but it's let down by some really annoying flaws. Might have to try and get an english version of the second off Yakumo.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                I know its crazy, prices are going up all the time, I paid ?80 for Neo Driftout and thought at the time am I mad but maybe in hindsight it was a bargain , I think my Neo Geo CD collections is worth a lot now , just looking at prices, of Breakers, Pulstar and few others today , but of course that depends if they sell.
                It's utterly putrid, I sold my Neo CD collection in around 2008 and got nothing like the prices ebay is showing these days, why is Burning Fight like ?70 that was a PAL pack in game there must be loads of copies 0_o

Comment

That's the thing though, you can set BIN's at whatever you like, doesn't mean anyone will buy them. It took a while, but I blame people like Spence.77 for where retro gaming is now. I have some bits that I'll have to stick on eBay for silly prices, but in some cases I've had to pay several times the prices to get them that I would've just a couple of years ago so I'm left with no choice.

Comment

What's most irritating is that many of these games aren't even rare. There are loads of copies about but prices are still soaring.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      What's most irritating is that many of these games aren't even rare. There are loads of copies about but prices are still soaring.
                      Soaring and s**t copies to boot...

Comment

A lot of it is likely driven by people who are not into retro games, but fancy picking up the odd thing because of nostalgia/they read something on Complex or The Verge. Not that I don't like more people being into good games but, still....feck em eh? Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                          @BigDeadFreak..

I love it!!

Love the simplicity ,looks and play's fantastic on a arcade cab.It's a credit feeder (for me anyway) but love the fact that even my 5 year can play it,usually she's a button basher ..it's arcade gaming at it's best ,from one of the best gaming developers ever..

This game always makes me come back for more.
                          I keep thinking of picking it up again along Street Hoop but I know I got bored of both of them when I had them. Ironically, Neo Turf Masters seems to being for quite reasonable prices these days considering it seems to be one of the more sought after titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            That's the thing though, you can set BIN's at whatever you like, doesn't mean anyone will buy them. It took a while, but I blame people like Spence.77 for where retro gaming is now. I have some bits that I'll have to stick on eBay for silly prices, but in some cases I've had to pay several times the prices to get them that I would've just a couple of years ago so I'm left with no choice.
                            Excuse my French but Spence.77/YellowKazlee is a proper ****.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              Excuse my French but Spence.77/YellowKazlee is a proper ****.
                              Who is Spence.77 by the way?? I take it he's a seller on Fleabay.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                A lot of it is likely driven by people who are not into retro games, but fancy picking up the odd thing because of nostalgia/they read something on Complex or The Verge. Not that I don't like more people being into good games but, still....feck em eh? Haha.
                                It's also the people saying they'll spend $400 on that copy of Lickle when they save up (clearly a bargain compared to the US release Little Samson), the person on Reddit referring to his 'collecting career', and this typical post from someone else there. Into their retro gaming and maybe slightly younger.

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                                Finally completed Secret Of Mana for the very first time. My opinion hasn't changed. It's a fun game but it's let down by some really annoying flaws. Might have to try and get an english version of the second off Yakumo.
                                I love the first hours of SoM, while you still have that illusion of freedom and where you can take different routes in the beginning. Difficulty spikes aside, the flaws mainly come into play later... it's been a while since I played the later dungeons.

Comment

Working...
                                X