No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I knew where my Vita was. I really want to play the OG Stein's Gate.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I wish I knew where my Vita was. I really want to play the OG Stein's Gate.
      Never played it but head nothing but great things. I'll have to seek it out and give it a go.

Comment

Just FYI there are two versions - Stein's Gate (which is only on Vita, PS3 and PC) and Stein's Gate Elite (which is widely available on modern consoles). The latter has updated artwork to match the anime that was produced and some other tweaks. It's much maligned by fans compared to the original.

I originally started Elite years ago on Switch when it came out, got most of the way through it then flaked for whatever reason.

Looked to restart it recently but after doing some research decided to go with the original instead. But I can't find my Vita to do so! Sure I'll find it soon.

Comment

Cheers for the info. Stein's Gate is one of those games I may or may not have in the library already (if it was on PS+ I might already have it). Now make it your top priority to find that Vita

Comment

Fancied some Pandemonium so fired up the Saturn. Yikes it’s super janky. The controls feel so unresponsive with it completing animations before your desired action takes place. Can’t believe I played this to completion BITD.

Comment

Well, Stein's Gate isn't in my Vita library. I'd convinced myself it was definitely going to be but no ... it's only £15 on the store though so I'll grab it at some point. My son clocked the Vita yesterday and asked what games were on it ... I started him on a new game of Hotline Miami and couldn't get him off it all night. I'll have to get him it on the Switch or I'll never see my Vita again.

Comment

Hotline Miami was such a great game. Such a cool aesthetic. It's still pretty unique to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Fancied some Pandemonium so fired up the Saturn. Yikes it’s super janky. The controls feel so unresponsive with it completing animations before your desired action takes place. Can’t believe I played this to completion BITD.
                  Still got a soft spot for this. First played as a PC demo IIRC, never got past the first couple stages. Played it again very briefly when I got my Saturn down from the loft back in January.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                    Still got a soft spot for this. First played as a PC demo IIRC, never got past the first couple stages. Played it again very briefly when I got my Saturn down from the loft back in January.
                    Maybe it was the PC version I had and that’s why it felt so off.

Comment

I’ve been playing FF7 for several weeks now. My goodness, this game is long. In fairness I’m (crazily!?) following the AbsolutSteve FAQ, which takes the “perfect game” approach. I have skipped some of the suggestions (like walking a precise path so as to collapse in the glacier in such a way that you get a duplicated item.) What’s surprised me is how much fun it can be to follow a guide. I did this also with Tomb Raiders 1 and 2 recently. I always used To think of this as cheating and a route to disappointment. Maybe that’s cause I started gaming as a child with point n clicks — follow a guide to puzzles and there’s not much to see besides story and humour.

I have also fired up Virtua Cop 1 and 2 and Time Crisis 2 after getting a CRT. Virtua Cop is so much slower with a light gun - it seemed frantic with a controller, but that’s probably more to do with dragging the cursor across screen than the pace of the game!
                      Last edited by egparadigm; 14-05-2023, 20:37.

Comment

Time Crisis 2 is the GOAT of light gun games. So good. And never bettered.

Comment

First time with a Time Crisis game, it does seem pretty nifty!

Comment

TC2 in the arcades... man, that clackety gun recoil sound is etched into my brain.

Comment

Finally did it. Was a nailbiter at the end because I had 1HP for all party members at the moment when I defeated the final boss.

Comment

Started putting more time into Time Crisis 2. Had a look at a guide, which amounts to “shoot this” and then “shoot that”.

Anyone know if you can pick up lives or health within the game (I don’t think so)?

Comment

Working...
                                X