(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    W-RING (PC ENGINE). Never given this one the time of day, falling for its charms, deffo a bit on the easy side and the early bosses are a real push over, but it looks and sounds so....Hu Cardey,
    Nobody could argue with the thought it was easy, it really is, yet there’s something just really lovely about it. It’s one of those games that when I sit down for a play through, I know I’m going to romp it, yet I’m going to enjoy the whole loop.

Comment

Recommend me a turbo grafx game to christen my new Mist with. I have the 8 bit do turbo grafx pad so feel I ought to give it a go. I don't believe I have ever played a single game on the system before.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Recommend me a turbo grafx game to christen my new Mist with. I have the 8 bit do turbo grafx pad so feel I ought to give it a go. I don't believe I have ever played a single game on the system before.
        I'm guessing it can play CD games, go in at the top end with Dracula X!

Comment

Cheers!!
          Get the English patched version ja? Rondo of Blood?
          Last edited by Brad; 19-11-2023, 10:59.

Comment

Parasol Stars is a good arcadey one for quick b-lasts.

Comment

Got the platinum after 5 new game+ cycles

I'm ridiculously overpowered now. I can finish each new game+ cycle in 2-3 hours.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
              Demon's Souls for the past 2 weeks (2 hours a night). Took me 14 years to pull my finger out and finish it (PS5 version).

Close to getting the king of rings trophy - I need 1 more ring, but my character tendency is pure black and I'm struggling to get it back to pure white.

Can anyone on here invade me, please? I think I'm at level 92.

Comment

Congrats [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]

Comment

Well done, that takes some doing. One of my mates was tracking all the tasks in a spreadsheet to make sure he did everything correctly but still managed to screw up. I think he nearly launched the PS5 out of the window. Lol

Comment

Spreadsheet? your mate is hardcore! I would have been able to wrap things up in new game+ but I went a bit nuts with invasions and killing NPCs on the first playthrough, so I was unable to get the last ring from the Monumental

I just go through Boletaria casually now. No multiplayer action, so I went up to level 160. It's pretty dead online, except for the old monk fight. Talisman of beasts at 50 magic and 50 faith is unstoppable! Firestorm can either 1 shot or 2 shot pretty much all bosses.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Well done, that takes some doing. One of my mates was tracking all the tasks in a spreadsheet to make sure he did everything correctly but still managed to screw up. I think he nearly launched the PS5 out of the window. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Bit late to the party but Devil crash, 100%.

Comment

Would add devil crash to the list, cheers.

I ****ed up getting the platinum on demon's souls twice. Can't remember the details but I know I was really cross at myself (ps3game)

Comment

Started my first proper second playthrough of Metal Gear Solid last night (Master Collection on PS5). It's been 25 years since me and my mates obsessed over it and after just a few minutes I was fully back invested. There's always a worry that a PS1 game mightn't age well and be hard to come back to ... but the eyes and hands quickly reajust and the quality takes over. I appreciate even more now what a monumental and ambitious production it is. Everything feels perfectly balanced too ... the blend of action, stealth, comms and cinematics feels just right.

I played up to the Revolver Oselot battle and left it there. Honestly can't wait to dive back in. Can't quite understand the moaning online. This is just what I'd want from the three titles ... presented, fully intact and authentic (yes, I know 2&3 are remasters), outdated themes present and (in)correct

Comment

Yeah best they left it unmeddled with. We already got that, anyway, with Twin Snakes.

It's such a brilliant game. The Kenneth Baker cutscene after you kill Ocelot still makes me laugh 'cos it makes me remember when I was playing it back in the day at about 9 years old, watching this bloke go on for about 10 minutes about the storage of nuclear waste (including actual file footage), thinking, wtf is this all about. It was def a change of pace from Mario Land and Ridge Racer.

I played it through again for the first time a year or two ago and it's lost nothing, for me. I honestly think it builds to a climax better than practically any other game going. I love the script and acting, too.

Comment

This week I've been playing quite a bit of Road Rash (PS) which I still love to bits, though it was the 3DO version that got all my time back in the day. They'll never be another game with such a good soundtrack either, as soon as Soundgarden's Rusty Cage kicks in it's all smiles!

Comment

MGS looks absolutely blistering on original hardware with a decent CRT. It’s one of my PSX benchmark games, even if only for the menus and menu SFX.

Comment

Working...
                                X