(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Yeah, there's something extra special about Gynoug. Love the music, effects, and interesting sprite design.
    It's one of my fav games of all time. It's also one of the very 1st import games I ever bought myself (where I phoned up and used mums card) I got the game from Colin at Ice Distribution; That used to be a nice import shop until he did a runner

Just remember being amazing at the Japanese artwork too
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 28-08-2019, 04:47.

Comment

Hard game. Furthest I ever got was the boss of level 5. That was a crazy level too.

Fun fact: for those that call it “Guy-noug” it’s actually pronounced “Ji-no-gu”.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Just remember being amazing at the Japanese artwork too

It's like a classic rock album.

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

Fun fact: for those that call it “Guy-noug” it’s actually pronounced “Ji-no-gu”.
        I've always said "Guy-nog" or maybe "Guy-noog." But I was fooled again by a Japanese game.

I doubt I'll start saying "Ji-no-gu" or maybe "Ji-nug" as I noticed on one site.

Comment

It's like a classic rock album. .
          Yeah, it was like something from Stryper Reborn album. The artwork in the game's manual was stunning too. A fab game is ever respect

Comment

Since the 90's I've had to do with the Neo Geo CD and could never afford the real deal Until NOW!!!

Comment

Whoah ... nice get there Team! What a class game to christen it with too

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Whoah ... nice get there Team! What a class game to christen it with too
                Oh mate... For decades I've been after one and had to make do with the Neo Geo CD since the '90s (was more than happy with that mind).
                Just so glad to have one at long last.

Comment

The AES is a ridiculously handsome console.

Comment

Since the 90's I've had to do with the Neo Geo CD and could never afford the real deal Until NOW!!!
                    I wanted one during the 16-bit era, but my family thought I was nuts wanting a system with £200 games. I couldn't get a good deal anyway, so I just focused on other machines. Seeing I'm not overly fond of Neo Geo fighters, I didn't really miss out on much.

But I finally bought one around 5 years ago and I'll always cherish it. It's such an important part of gaming history -- and I still get a kick out of how cool the design is. I really need to buy the Neo SD.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 29-08-2019, 22:56.

Comment

The AES is a handsome beast but I’m surprised in how creaky it is. As in the plastic creaks when inserting and removing a cart, it’s got groaning plastic bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                        The AES is a handsome beast but I’m surprised in how creaky it is.
                        I'd love one made of really strong metal, like something from steampunk.

Comment

I wanted one during the 16-bit era, but my family thought I was nuts wanting a system with £200 games. I couldn't get a good deal anyway, so I just focused on other machines. Seeing I'm not overly fond of Neo Geo fighters, I didn't really miss out on much.

But I finally bought one around 5 years ago and I'll always cherish it. It's such an important part of gaming history -- and I still get a kick out of how cool the design is. I really need to buy the Neo SD.
                          I always wanted one, for the shooters, but had to make do with the Neo Geo CD in the late 90's (could never afford the AES) but I've always wanted one so bad, it just looks so bloody cool and awesome. I want a Neo SD too, but that will have to wait, until next year LOL

Comment

Superfrog on the Amiga.

I’d never played this before but it’s a really good platformer! Obvious Sonic inspiration as it’s pretty fast and has similar level layout style. Playing using a competition pro pad so it feels pretty good.

Also had a go on Agony. Amazing intro, great animation on the owl but enemies are poor and the music is awful.

Comment

I want a Neo SD too, but that will have to wait, until next year LOL
                              I will probably buy one by the end of the year. Hopefully I'll manage to afford it.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Superfrog on the Amiga.

I’d never played this before but it’s a really good platformer! Obvious Sonic inspiration as it’s pretty fast and has similar level layout style. Playing using a competition pro pad so it feels pretty good.
                              It's definitely one of the better Amiga platformers. It's all quite generic -- and also not as good as the Sonic games -- but there's charm and it's quite fun to play.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Also had a go on Agony. Amazing intro, great animation on the owl but enemies are poor and the music is awful.
                              Yeah, it has stunning graphics, but the rest of the game isn't very good. One of those titles that really shows off the A500 tech, but completely fails to be fun to play.

Comment

Still on chapter 2 of Baldur's Gate II. Imoen is still trapped in a dungeon somewhere while I get sidetracked by the mountain of sidequests.

I tried taking on a dragon and an adamantium golem but I just don't have the firepower to take either of them down right now. I'll be back for them though, it's not over yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X