No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reached the Star Forge in KOTOR so near the end I think. I've still on the light side but I've played somewhat loose with jedi teachings...ahem.

Comment

Beat KOTOR and started KOTOR 2. I thought you could import your save but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The new characters have been interesting but the first 4 or so hours have been spent on various ships/stations. It's a bit samey and I'd like to see a planet soon.

Comment

KOTOR 2 is on hold while I work on cloning the HDD and moving it to a new SSD.

In the meantime I've decided to replay Tomb Raider, which works perfectly with a PS4 control pad on Steam and has Glide implementation up and runing out of the box.

Not too much to say other than I love the first Tomb Raider and I'm having a lot of fun revisitng it. I rented a Saturn back in the day to play this!

Comment

Original Xbox Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.

Not as good as Rainbow Six 3, which is not the best game of its type either - more like an expansion pack but entertaining enough to be worth playing.

Comment

Soon much PC-Engine stuff. Not on my PCE Mini but the Pi using the Mini controller, basically as I have a better library of games for it on the Pi. If I'd known that all I needed to get that warm retro love in was to just buy system specific pads, I could've saved myself hundreds instead of buying all the Mini systems!

Comment

Been playing the sega saturn version of Resident Evil, im not sure why but I prefer this version over the original playstation. Still a fantastic game and even though I prefer the remake I still go back to the original (and 2) on an almost yearly basis.

Comment

Been playing a fair few games this week.

Ranger X on MD
                Speedball II on MD
                Mean Bean Machine on MD
                Star Parodier on PCE CD

I don’t think i’ll ever get tired of the Star Parodier soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                  Been playing a fair few games this week.

Ranger X on MD
                  Speedball II on MD
                  Mean Bean Machine on MD
                  Star Parodier on PCE CD

I don’t think i’ll ever get tired of the Star Parodier soundtrack.
                  All golden classics. Ranger X is an amazing gem. Star Parodier is such a nice cute 'em up.

Comment

Played Cho Aniki for the very first time and I think Ive been scarred for life.

I actually kinda wish it had been released in the west as it would make a good counter argument to those extreme-left gamers who get outraged over any sight of panties, big walters or with any kind of female sexualisation.

Comment

big walters

Comment

Got Jimbo to help me dust off our retro trolley yesterday. We were meant to play Super Mario Kart but he got bored and went downstairs, so instead I rattled off a few more exits on SMW. Up to 77 now.

Comment

It's adorable watching him sift through the carts calling out the names of the games, even though we only have five. He's always like that when going through my boxes. It kind of puts me off of an SD2DNES when picking out what game to play next is half of the fun.

Comment

As I've been on an original Xbox Rainbow Six 3 jaunt over the past couple of weeks I thought I might as well try Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Seemed appropriate.

Unfortunately it is the worst of the three I've played. They messed with the very serviceable control and squad command system for no good reason but the main problem is that the squad AI seems worse. The enemy AI feels unchanged, they dodge around maybe even slightly better than the previous games. But the squad AI makes them often so slow, twitchy and useless against easy targets you might as well solo an area. Typical death ratio for a mission is 50+ for the player and 10, total, for the 3 man squad. Their hit rate stats with an "accurate" weapon are all under 5%. The balance is just wrong.

The game is also glitchy, three times I've had a squad guy just go missing or getting stuck in the scenery and very difficult to extricate.

There are many very obvious trigger points and cheap deaths or mission failure criteria built into the game it is at times very annoying.

Its playable but I found the original game and the sequel: Black Arrow better in most respects.

Comment

Now I have MODE fully installed on the Saturn been playing loads of fab games at a touch of a button.

Really enjoying playing through Enemy Zero again (one of the best Alien games ever) and also now playing through Sakura Wars and Grandia in English.

Comment

For some reason I've had a hankering to play Populous again recently, and specifically the Mega Drive version. Played through a few stages earlier and it's just a great wee game, has anyone made a modern equivalent of it or has it ever had a remake?

Comment

Working...
                                X