Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post.

Comment

I'm on a bit of a C&C kick right now so inbetween playing through the first game, I'm also making my way through C&C: Renegade which is an interesting, and quite fun take on the FPS. Maps are large and you have primary and secondary objectives that help determine your rank once complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        I'm also making my way through C&C: Renegade which is an interesting, and quite fun take on the FPS.
        My brother used to play it all the time back in the day, looked like a really engrossing multiplayer experience. I think I played the single player mode once and thought it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          My brother used to play it all the time back in the day, looked like a really engrossing multiplayer experience. I think I played the single player mode once and thought it was fun.
          Yeah it's good, and it still has a small but dedicated online community that patched out Gamespy to implement their own servers and anti-cheat methods, which just strikes me as really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

Rebel Assualt
            I used to own this back in the day so burned a copy to give it a spin in 2020. I dunno why but I don’t remember ever getting that far in it, although I do remember never using the password system as I didn’t want to complete it too quickly having paid £45 for it. Anyhow, so last night I got further than I remember getting before, up to the Stormtrooper stage. I tell you what, after that Walker level which took ages of looping the same bit of FMV over and over again until I’d finally destroyed it some 20 minutes later, I’ll certainly be using the password system next time I play it!

Sure it’s grainy as hell and has very limited gameplay, but it’s Star Wars ffs and has footage from the movies, the proper music, and it features none of the prequel sequel bollocks that came out since the original trilogy. For those reasons it’s still worth a play today.
            I loved that game and thought it was quite clever how the limited view made it feel you could move left or right far more than in other FMV games.

Comment

Finished Command & Conquer: Renegade which was a lot of dumb fun

Comment

After doing the original Xbox Far Cry Instincts for the first time some months ago I decide to try Far Cry Instincts Evolution.

Started it last night and whilst ts essentially more of the same that is a good thing. There's very little to dislike about it. I only wish the manual aiming system for the standard weapons was better.

Iron sights or just a simple cross-hair would be fine but instead they provide a vague aiming circle of various diameter depending on weapon and view used. Its really meant for the Aim Assist users so whilst headshots are effective with such a system having no centre designator manual aiming becomes a matter of judgement bordering on guess work.

Comment

Carrier Airwing mostly and Gigawing, Eco Fighters, Pro-Gear plus various 1940s titles, going through a Capcom shooter phase.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                    Eco Fighters
                    I really like the pastel style graphics in this, and the overall design is bright and inviting. Also plays really well.

Such a gem.

Comment

Shinobi, via the SEGA AGES port on NIntendo Switch.

Was able to complete it earlier this week. Haven't yet tried to 1cc it yet though.

Boss battles are the easy part when figured out. It's the precision-platforming in the later stages that is an absolute bitch.

Comment

Playing Super Princess Peach and I'm not sure about it yet. Seems a bit easy and slow. Looks nice enough though.

Comment

Been enjoying Super Princess Peach but I'm at the end and it's pulled a Rayman on me and demanded I find all of the toads in past levels first.

Thanks, but no thanks. I hate that ****.

Comment

Xbox Rainbow Six 3.

Decent enough squad based shooter but its cheap try and die deaths, cheap enemy AI with blatantly obvious trigger points, inconsistencies and dumb as mutton squad AI is beginning to annoy. When you've played a squad base shooter on the Xbox as good as Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood, which itself has certain failings, anything with more issues is not going to entertain you to the same degree.

Comment

Making my way through Dungeon Siege. Currently at chapter 4, its a very slow paced dungeon crawler; perfect for catching up on some podcasts with. You level up by using weapon/magic combinations and increasing your profficiency with them. I'm currently running with two melee fighters, an archer and three mages, two of which handle party healing since the game likes to ambush your party a lot.

it has some quirks with the comera controls being an early 3D isometric RPG. Most notably, not being able to remap the middle mouse button to right click for camera control, but's easy enough to deal with.

Comment

I’m playing through Shadowrun on the Mega CD. I finished it before about 10 years back - f*ck knows how as the only Japanese I can read is katakana, but I managed it. Now using Google Translate through my phone and you’d be amazed at how much I can understand of the storyline, even down to nuances such as the racism within the game world, and some of the humour too. Sure, some of what it translates is nonsensical, but still it’s enough to make the game much more enjoyable.

I think this is a proper overlooked gem for the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X