No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't feel overlooked when you see the price it goes for!

There's been a fan translation in the works for years now which should raise the game's profile if/when it gets released. Hopefully it comes out eventually because I really want to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Doesn't feel overlooked when you see the price it goes for!

There's been a fan translation in the works for years now which should raise the game's profile if/when it gets released. Hopefully it comes out eventually because I really want to play it.
      It was pretty cheap for years, in spite of it being the last release for the machine it could easily be had for sub £100 for quite a while. Now everything is crazy money.

Yeah, I’m still hoping for cj iwakura’s translation which he is still working on apparently, but decided to take the bull by the horns and use Google Translate once my COVID Lockdown goal of learning Japanese failed before I was recalled back to work.

Honestly it works surprisingly well and I shall be using it to play more untranslated games.

Comment

Been playing BARE KNUCKLE 2 off that old M2 compilation that came out on 360 yonks back and is BC on the XB1, thankfully.

The last half hour has been bliss. And my skills seem to be on point, I'm playing on Normal and am at that alien boss thing in the theme park stage and I've only lost one life so far.

Deffo one of the nicest MD games, visually. It truly is a stunner. I feel I appreciate it more, now, than I did in 1992. It's amazing. I still like SUPER DOUBLE DRAGON a wee bit more and that looks good, too, but this could've been in the arcades if it had a few more colours in its palette.

Comment

I got killed about a third into the final stage. I love only having three credits with this, it's brill!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            I got killed about a third into the final stage.

This is how I'd feel...

Comment

(don't worry, I "created a savestate").

Comment

Galaga 88 on the PCE Mini. Love this game so much. The purity of an old(er) arcade shooter with enough twists to keep it constantly varied

Comment

Still going through original Xbox Rainbow Six 3.

Annoying AI on both sides continues to ummm....................annoy. But when it works, doing something like a synchronized room entry taking out all bad guys and managing not to kill the hostage, it is quite satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Galaga 88 on the PCE Mini. Love this game so much. The purity of an old(er) arcade shooter with enough twists to keep it constantly varied

I remember buying it for a few quid back in the day and being surprised by how fun it is. Such a nice old school shooter that's always fun to go back to.

Comment

Moved on to KOTOR which is a bloody nightmare to get running with modern AMD cards. My living room PC has an Nvidia GT 610 though and that runs it fine with all the bells and whistles mostly.

From what I remember, I fell off pretty quickly with it back in the day, just after you become a jedi but I'm enjoying it now.

Also, the Steam version seems to run better than the disc release and crash less. No idea why but I'll take it.

Comment

There’s an iOS version that runs pretty well. Great for some Star Wars action on the go.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          There’s an iOS version that runs pretty well. Great for some Star Wars action on the go.
                          I briefly considered that, but the idea of paying for it a third time rubbed me the wrong way haha.

Comment

Just started DOOM 64 and I’m well impressed. It’s really rather good. It has the DOOM vibe but is quite distinct from the original game.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              Just started DOOM 64 and I’m well impressed. It’s really rather good. It has the DOOM vibe but is quite distinct from the original game.
                              Yeah, I remember really liking it back in the day. It has a different vibe to other Doom games. The graphics and overall atmosphere really impressed me.

I need to download it for the Xbox One.

Comment

Booted up Heroes verus Demons on the Master System. It's a match three style game with you facing off against an opponent a bit like Puyo Puyo but with RPG lite elements thrown in.
                                You select from three character types with different stats. The items on screen correspond to health, defence, attack, gold etc and as you clear the blocks it applies a value to your characters stats.
                                After each round you can spend your winnings on replenishing your health, upgrading your offence etc.

The game plays very well with nicely drawn graphics and period appropriate music. It even has a proper intro sequence. The ROM is free to download too. There is a second batch of the game heading into production.

https://heroes-against-demons.2minds.fr/

Comment

Working...
                                X