• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    . I can't imagine any other reason an RTS game from 1998 would be 6GB+
    Yeah, I don't think it came on 6 CDs.

Comment

Beers are in; BVM is fired up and time for some sega on the Saturn...

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Been on Devil Crash (PCE) everday day at the min, ive played a lot of this game over the years and every go I see something new it seems, really is a marvel.

Comment

Just finished Ganbare Goemon: Uchū Kaizoku Akogingu on the PlayStation.

I thought I’d finished this one but now I’m pretty sure I hadn’t as there’s a level later on that I definitely would have remembered (It’s a whole tribute level to Parodius)

Really enjoyed it but it gets tough towards the end (probably why I hadn’t finished it) with some huge levels, and multiple bosses to tackle.

Not sure why they swapped out Yae and Sasuke for the other characters, I think you always take a chance changing the formula people are used to.

Actually, looking at the Goemon library on the PSX you can see they tried a load of different ideas, which I’m guessing none paid off as by the 4th incarnation they were back to the original designs.

Comment

Just started a 'no scratch' playthrough of Tomb Raider Chronicles. Last of the classic Core Studio TRs to go to finish 'no scratch' on all of them.

Comment

At the Comicon at the Birmingham NEC, there was a small presence from PlayExpo there.

There was a handful of cabs:
              Simpsons; Robotron; Pole Position (sit-down); Track & Field; Pac-Man; Donkey Kong and a few others.
              There was this awesome Street Fighter II whack-a-mole game ("Ken Sei Mogura: Street Fighter II") that I'd never seen before, where you have to bash M. Bison as he pops up.

They also had most consoles out, but I'm starting to worry that:
              A: I have most of these consoles
              B: I don't have all of these consoles and might try to complete the set!

Played the ones I don't have Sol-Feace for the Mega CD and Final Blaster on the PC Engine.
              That's really making me want a PC Engine with a load of shmups for it!

My son played a lot of Sonic & Knuckles on the MD, but I'd forgotten about that monstrosity of a cart-in-a-cart setup!
              I might get the Switch MD collection at some point, as they're still great games on there.

Round the corner were some PC games and we spent ages playing Party Panic, which was silly but fun.

The event was pretty dead, though. I mean, it was the closing hours, but I spoke to a guy on a stall who said it had been quiet all weekend. The UK Games Expo (board games), was heaving in comparison. There was less content, so the massive space felt even emptier.

Comment

I finally got around to setting up my new 4K monitor, so I’ve spent most of the evening moving stuff and fiddling with settings…

However, I’ve still managed to get some quality gaming in. Cotton 100% and Ninja Warriors Again on the Super Nt, MUSHA Aleste on the Mega Sg. Looking forward to the Mega SD even more now so I can play Dennin Aleste! Put the PS4 on its vertical stand and then I fired up the Beat ‘em Up Bundle for some Knights of the Round and Final Fight.

Comment

Not much retro for me this week, just more 3S via Fightcade and BotW for Switch (still!)

Comment

Just finished original Xbox Splinter Cell - Double Agent.

Decent game but not as good as Chaos Theory and the Solo game felt a little under polished and repeated set ups seen in the previous games. Sam Fisher even jokes about it at one point saying something along the lines about that being the last ship he's going to investigate.

There's also a noticeable inconsistency in how enemies react or can see you which seems very situational. Automated gun turrets can be hacked from afar too but AFAIK you can not actually disable them this way.............so what's the point? I'll have research that to see if I've missed something.

In Chaos Theory you're rated as an agent for your performance in each mission and that is kept as part of the save info. You can go back and try to improve that to get a 100% rating - it gives the game significant replayability.

Whilst you can replay each mission in Double Agent there seems to be no similar record kept of your previous performance stats so there's less motivation to improve them.

Comment

Downloaded a copy of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection from Switch eShop and have been getting back into that (Thanks [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION]!).

To say that I am rusty at Street Fighter would be a HUGE understatement!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Downloaded a copy of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection from Switch eShop and have been getting back into that (Thanks [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION]!).

To say that I am rusty at Street Fighter would be a HUGE understatement!
                        If you fancy playing some 3S then hook me up!

Comment

Making my way through Final Fantasy VII for the first time in about 12+ years. It's kind of brutal how Shinra just drops an entire community of people to their deaths.

RIP Jessie.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            If you fancy playing some 3S then hook me up!
                            Appreciate it, dude!

Gonna need some time to get my skills back up to half-decent, never mind competitive!

Comment

Just started Xbox Project Snowblind.

It was supposed to be part of the Deus Ex series but at some point they dropped that idea.

So far I'm finding it OK but if the criticism of Deus Ex: Invisible War was that it had been dumbed down (still a pretty good game) then Project Snowblind, by pretending it has nothing to do with Deus Ex, really dodged that bullet.

They've piled all the enhancements and weapons into the first couple of levels, in fact there are simply too many but it doesn't feel that you've a choice how to play the game at all. The stealth is half-arsed, the hacking rudimentary and the alternative routes through the levels I've done so far are little more than a few linking air ducts which come out slight further along the linear main path.

If I didn't know and had to guess who made this I would have plumped for Crystal Dynamics as that sort of feel about the level design - linear but trying to pretend its not is a characteristic of everything of theirs I've played since Soul Reaver.

Comment

First time playing Daytona USA: Circuit Edition (J) for the Sega Saturn.

This looks brilliant compared to the rather ugly original Daytona port, and has way more special features and tracks, but the handling and collision is a little dubious as a downside. I've currently got 1st place finishes on all tracks except Sea-Side Street Galaxy and Desert City. My best on those so far is 3rd. I'll keep plugging away at it until I get firsts, and then I'll see what the Grand Prix mode is like.

Comment

Working...
                                X