(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3M View Post
    Side Pocket is a great series on all format, it just plays so well, the 3D one wasn't great on Saturn, but 2 was still very enjoyable.
    Side Pocket 3 is still ace mind, it's like Resident Evil meets Side Pocket and the music score is fabulous. I do agree part 2 is much better and I like the setting better too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Side Pocket 3 is still ace mind, it's like Resident Evil meets Side Pocket and the music score is fabulous. I do agree part 2 is much better and I like the setting better too
      I didn’t have a clue what was going on when playing sp3. Spent it all walking round a spooky mansion and never played pool once

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        I didn’t have a clue what was going on when playing sp3. Spent it all walking round a spooky mansion and never played pool once
        It was utterly bonkers, I take it the team were huge fans of Resident Evil LOL. You've got to love the Japanese madness at times, I miss it with current gaming

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          It was utterly bonkers, I take it the team were huge fans of Resident Evil LOL. You've got to love the Japanese madness at times, I miss it with current gaming
          That or Alone in the Dark!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            That or Alone in the Dark!
            It does feel and look more like Alone in the Dark, doesn't it

Comment

Finished DOOM: SIGIL on Ultra Violence. It's not too long at 01:21:40 and really fun.

Comment

Good work [MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION]. I found that super difficult. Should go back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Good work @Cepp. I found that super difficult. Should go back to it.
                  It's well worth it if you do

Comment

Working my way through a list of 16-bit beat em ups I own but never spent much time on. Today was the Mega Drive: Captain America was average to poor, Double Dragon 3 was one of the worst games I’ve ever played, and I’ve played some crap games.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                      Today was the Mega Drive: Captain America was average to poor
                      I've only played the SNES version, which is also "average to poor." Next to Turtles in Time and Batman Returns, it's a joke.

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                      Double Dragon 3 was one of the worst games I’ve ever played, and I’ve played some crap games.
                      Such a bland waste of time that drains your enthusiasm for retro gaming. It's utter garbage next to the brilliant SoR series'.

Comment

Jumped back into KOTOR 2 last night. 7 hours it takes to actually reach a planet and get off identikit spacestations. I normally perfer Obsidian's takes on franchises but I've not been too impressed here.

Comment

Done with Perfect Dark Perfect Agent difficulty on the X360. Some bits are fukt, so now I want an N64. :/

I still need the Special Agent and co-op/counter co-op achievements.

Decided to start up Castlevania: SOTN again for more comfort gaming. It's the perfect time of year for it. I might try going for the full completion as I've never done it before. My son (3) is massively interested in the game as well, surprisingly. He seems to be extremely concerned for Richter's wellbeing, so the path to unlocking him seems to be set up.

Comment

I’ve not tried the SNES Captain America, I might see if I can pick up a cheap copy to compare. Not sure how they got it so wrong with DD3, it’s just broken on so many levels.

Comment

Finished KOTOR 2 and enjoyed it overall but it really is a complete mess of a game.

Comment

Just got the CDI out of the loft. Finished Mutant Rampage, it clocked in at well over 3 hours which surprised me. I’d only played it for short periods previously and the battery is knackered so saving is pointless. Then I went back to Hotel Mario, I’ve played it previously and thought it was tolerable, certainly not worth the hate it gets. It does quickly become an exercise in frustration though with the enemies constantly opening the bloody doors. Finally I tried out Dark Castle. Dark Castle is an absolute chode, don’t play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X