Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I bought a couple of Chinese extension cables from eBay and they didn't work properly. Then I managed to get an official Sega cable and it works perfectly. So I can always use my Japanese MD pads.
    Mine were Chinese cables. Bloody ****e they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Mine were Chinese cables. Bloody ****e they were.
      Yeah, they obviously didn't test them, because the controls were all over the place with rapid button pressing now and then.

Luckily, the ones I bought for the SFC are fine, despite also being cheap eBay items from China.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Yeah, they obviously didn't test them, because the controls were all over the place with rapid button pressing now and then.

Luckily, the ones I bought for the SFC are fine, despite also being cheap eBay items from China.
        I have some for the SFC but have never used them due to using a Hori pad as my main SFC controller. I think I bought them just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          due to using a Hori pad as my main SFC controller.
          I got a Hori pad with a SFC Jr I bought a couple of years ago -- the cable is much longer than a standard pad. I need to get it out of storage.

Comment

I might have an MD extension lead if anybody wants it?

Comment

So far so good. Got it working perfectly on my PS1 and my PC using my PS3 pad

No fuss either, you sync it just like you would sync a PS3 controller to a PS3 console (connect it via USB, Press the PS button and then remove the usb cable).

Comment

Out of curiosity did you have to update the firmware? Plan to get one myself at some point, reading around suggested that it wouldn't work on PS1 until updated (which isn't too much of an issue really, just wondered).

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                  Out of curiosity did you have to update the firmware? Plan to get one myself at some point, reading around suggested that it wouldn't work on PS1 until updated (which isn't too much of an issue really, just wondered).
                  Nope, worked fine out of the box. I wasn't even aware you could update the firmware tbh.

Comment

And so it begins, damn the playstation classic making me buy physical copies lol. Anything i come across that i love while rom testing i'm probably gonna get as physical copy as well. Thankfully this was only £24 for a copy of time bokan series- bokan desuyo, took a risk as the ebay auction lists it as acceptable but saying that it's no greater risk than buying off amazon japan as at least on ebay i can see a pic of the item the case and manual look okay from what i can see (crosses fingers disk isn't trashed)

Really wish pepsiman didn't cost £60+ for a used copy (sigh) really want that one.

Comment

Umm yeah... bought this too LOL what can i say i looooove it

Comment

What's that last one?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                          What's that last one?
                          Chou Aniki - Kyuukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyou Otoko

Brace yourself lol

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Chou Aniki - Kyuukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyou Otoko

Brace yourself lol
                              There seems to be quite a few Chou Aniki games. Are you a fan of the series in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                                There seems to be quite a few Chou Aniki games. Are you a fan of the series in general?
                                To be honest i have never tried most of them, i remember checking out the one on super famicom and been sad that it's a dull fighting game. The one on ps1 got my attention as the digitized sprites are just so surreal i love them, it's like a japanese version of Terry Gilliam style animation turned into a game. Now that i have played the ps1 version i am kind of tempted to go check some of the other shooter ones out however i don't have a way of playing most of the others as i don't have hardware for pce super cds or ps2 (yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X