No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm slowly rebuying games I foolishly sold (Twinkle Star Sprites, D&D Collection, Kyukyoku Tiger 2) or games I've always wanted (Keio Flying Squadron, Blast Wind). Either way it's making my wallet cry.

Comment

Twinkle Star Sprites FTW! Such a colourful and totally bonkers shooter…

Comment

Twinkle Star Sprites is a really great game. A lot of fun in 2 player.

Comment

Does the Saturn version offer any gameplay enhancements over the original or other ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
            I'm slowly rebuying games I foolishly sold (Twinkle Star Sprites, D&D Collection, Kyukyoku Tiger 2) or games I've always wanted (Keio Flying Squadron, Blast Wind). Either way it's making my wallet cry.
            How much of this gets signed off as “work reference”

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
              Does the Saturn version offer any gameplay enhancements over the original or other ports?
              An anime intro, an extra character and a disc of fan art I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                How much of this gets signed off as “work reference”
                Sadly, none. The mag will benefit though as I will write pieces about the games in question. There’s no budget to buy games.

Comment

My hunt for decent cheap PSP games continues unabated.

My new waste of time is scouring eBay for 99p auctions!

This little bundle cost me £10 (incl. postage).

As an aside, what is the accepted method for cleaning game cases? Was thinking of using some ‘wet wipes’, but I’m guessing there’s a better way?

Comment

Time to start amassing the beatmania series, there's a few brand new copies floating around on ebay so i thought i'd target those first as some are pretty cheap before i start getting the others from amazon j. Picked up the 4th mix append disk for the princely sum of £4 hurrah for nectar points hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                      My hunt for decent cheap PSP games continues unabated.
                      Everybody's Golf is a fun game. Haven't played the others.

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                      Was thinking of using some ‘wet wipes’, but I’m guessing there’s a better way?
                      I take the cover out and then use 'Flash' floor cleaner with a small sponge. Then hose the case down to make sure there's no cleaner left. Gets rid of grime and any stale smells.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-04-2019, 20:15.

Comment

I like to use a microfiber cloth and some brake cleaner/de-greaser.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Will try the methods you suggested this weekend, if I manage to make my way through Metal Gear Acid’s incessant game intro.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            It's packed full of extras and has a second omake disc, best version features a couple of exclusive characters. Puts the DC version to shame, the DC version does have a few options and mode the Saturn one does have, but the Saturn version has a lot more content than the DC version.

Picked up Probotector II: The Alien Forces Return on NES wasn't complete, but it's so hard to find and will be great for a comparsion look at some point. Due to all the changes made compared to the NTSC version.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                I am SUPER jealous. I really wanted a Coupe when I was younger but couldn’t afford it. And they seem to be pretty rare now where did you pick that up?

Comment

Working...
                                X