Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    some very expensive Mega Drive games there and good ones at that.
    Twinkle Tale is worth a fortune these days. £350-500 or so. Musha goes for a lot on eBay but it's not so bad in Japan. I picked up a copy in Osaka a few years ago for about £50. Amazing game though, one of the best 16-bit shooters ever made.

Comment

Yes, Twinkle Tale has indeed gone up in price a bit since the last time I purchased a copy… for £80.

Comment

I remember looking at Eliminate Down changing hands for £100 and thinking fook that for a laugh. Now look at it!

Mind you, I guess we could say the same about anything. If only I’d bought Apple shares just after Jobs returned, I wouldn’t give a toss about turning down opportunities to buy Eliminate Down or Twinkle Tale.

Comment

Gah Twinkle Tale, that game will haunt me till my dying day. Sold it for £1 around 15 years ago *sob*

Comment

Some recent arrivals -

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]

I didn't know about that Treasure book. I like some of their other books, so I'll pick up a copy if the price comes down a bit.

Comment

So I found what was apparently an ‘Excellent Condition’ copy of Snake, Rattle n; Roll... and overall it is very good, apart from the old sticker that’s literally welded to the insert I was gutted when I pulled it out the packaging and realised it wasn’t stuck to the plastic.

So, I’m wondering if there’s any way to remove this safely from the paper insert without damaging it, or if I should just put in a PayPal complaint and return it? Any tips please?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                  So I found what was apparently an ‘Excellent Condition’ copy of Snake, Rattle n; Roll... and overall it is very good, apart from the old sticker that’s literally welded to the insert I was gutted when I pulled it out the packaging and realised it wasn’t stuck to the plastic.

So, I’m wondering if there’s any way to remove this safely from the paper insert without damaging it, or if I should just put in a PayPal complaint and return it? Any tips please?
                  Man do I hate that!!!!

I understand that opinions differ but that is not "excellent" and to not even mention it is just unforgiveable.

I have had luck in the past with a hairdryer, it softens the glue and then (sometimes) you can peet it off, then remove any residue with Goo Gone. Worth a try I suppose, if it don't work file tha complaint anyway.

The spine also looks a little faded or is that just the pic?
                  Last edited by dyer60; 27-06-2019, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Some recent arrivals -

How would you rate armed 7, mate?

Comment

I haven’t opened it yet. Too busy and away on holiday tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

That's rough. I've learnt the hard way that if a seller isn't showing something, that's usually a bad sign. Now I ask the seller for additional photos or I just ignore the auction entirely.

I'm especially careful with Super Famicom games, as the back of the carts are often yellowed and seller on Yahoo Japan really love to hide that.

Comment

I got the recent reprint of Gleylancer for the Megadrive today. I concur with Yakumo on this one- the quality is pretty poor. The box is really roughly made with jagged edges and it can't hold the cartridge in place inside for long. The cart itself has no bevel on the circuit board meaning it's a super tight fit. The inlay is printed on incredibly thin paper and was slightly crumpled on the corner on my copy. And the manual... oh boy. Poor paper quality again and everything is clearly just a scan of the original manual, so is simply out of focus. It even had folded and slightly crumpled corners too.

This is a poor job and whilst it's nice to finally own a legal copy of one of the best shooters on the MD, it deserves so much more than this. I guess I'll leave the original on my wish list after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                            I got the recent reprint of Gleylancer for the Megadrive today. I concur with Yakumo on this one- the quality is pretty poor. The box is really roughly made with jagged edges and it can't hold the cartridge in place inside for long. The cart itself has no bevel on the circuit board meaning it's a super tight fit. The inlay is printed on incredibly thin paper and was slightly crumpled on the corner on my copy. And the manual... oh boy. Poor paper quality again and everything is clearly just a scan of the original manual, so is simply out of focus. It even had folded and slightly crumpled corners too.

This is a poor job and whilst it's nice to finally own a legal copy of one of the best shooters on the MD, it deserves so much more than this. I guess I'll leave the original on my wish list after all.

Wow, your case looks well worse than mine. My copy has a good case, no problems with that. The paper the manual is printed on isn't too bad either but the quality of the scan is awful.
                            It seems like they cheapened out on some of the print runs.

Comment

This is a poor job

I remember getting quite excited about the prospect of buying some replica MD games from China, but then I found out how bad the build quality is. Plus the fact that some people say they might damage the cartridge slot.

So there are some MD games that I'll probably never own.

Comment

That's really disappointing to read and see.

I'll be honest - I was disappointed to miss out on pre-ordering for the Gleylancer reprint but it looks like I dodged a bullet.

Comment

Working...
                                X