No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was only able to test the 3 1/2" floppies for Sorcerian but everything installed and ran fine The 5 1/4" floppies will have to wait but hopefully they work.

Adventure Island came in the box protector which was very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      Brand spanking NOS N64 and a MegaSD...

Just waiting for UltraHDMI boards to become available again.

Is it right people are now getting hit with import charges from Terraonion? Thinking of picking up a Mega SD, but just wanted to be sure before ordering.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Well, looks like I'm buying everything I used to own again for my games room

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
          Is it right people are now getting hit with import charges from Terraonion? Thinking of picking up a Mega SD, but just wanted to be sure before ordering.
          The Mega SD ships from Spain I believe so there won't be any import charges... yet. Move quickly though.

Comment

Yeah, I got a £50 charge...

Comment

The Mega SD ships from Andorra which isn't in the EU. I paid about £50 in duty too.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                The Mega SD ships from Andorra which isn't in the EU. I paid about £50 in duty too.
                Interesting. I'd never even heard of Andora!

I always take great delight in dodging customs duty. When you find someone who routinely marks prices down, and you manage to get something really expensive in without a charge, it's a special feeling.

Comment

Well, looks like I'm buying everything I used to own again for my games room

No sympathy from me. Selling a Jp MD in the first place is bordering criminal!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    No sympathy from me. Selling a Jp MD in the first place is bordering criminal!
                    Probably best not know that I sold the likes of Vampire Killer, Splatter House 2 and 3, Alien Soldier and many more along with it many moons ago...all Japanese *facepalm.

Comment

Probably best not know that I sold the likes of Vampire Killer, Splatter House 2 and 3, Alien Soldier and many more along with it many moons ago...all Japanese *facepalm.
                      Ouch,

This is the lesson i learned very early on. Never sell your stuff unles you are 100% done with it or you will just continue the cycle of buying back & each time it will get more expensive. Glad the MD mini is coming for this reason, it will satisfy the itch of playing MD without the horrendous cost of getting those titles nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Ouch,

This is the lesson i learned very early on. Never sell your stuff unles you are 100% done with it or you will just continue the cycle of buying back & each time it will get more expensive. Glad the MD mini is coming for this reason, it will satisfy the itch of playing MD without the horrendous cost of getting those titles nowadays.
                        It was necessary at the time, but you know hindsight is 20:20 and all that. To be honest I just love the boxart for the JP Megadrive stuff. So perhaps I should just print out the covers and have them on my shelf

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

I was only able to test the 3 1/2" floppies for Sorcerian but everything installed and ran fine The 5 1/4" floppies will have to wait but hopefully they work.

Adventure Island came in the box protector which was very welcome.
                          Wow, 'AT Version'! Hadn't been reminded of the XT/AT terminology in a long time!

Sierra was a bit of a pioneer in the publishing of japanese games in western markets. Here's an article from Sierra's 1989 'Tenth Anniversary' Product Catalog describing how, in 1986, Ken Williams travelled to Japan with the intention of selling Sierra's products there and came back with Thexder. Sorcerian gets a lot of attention, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                            Wow, 'AT Version'! Hadn't been reminded of the XT/AT terminology in a long time!

Sierra was a bit of a pioneer in the publishing of japanese games in western markets. Here's an article from Sierra's 1989 'Tenth Anniversary' Product Catalog describing how, in 1986, Ken Williams travelled to Japan with the intention of selling Sierra's products there and came back with Thexder. Sorcerian gets a lot of attention, too.
                            Aye, Sierra really paved the way with these releases. I'd love to have a complete set but I only have this and Fire Hawk: Thexder so there's a ways to go yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              : Thexder
                              I was always curious about Thexder, because it looked really cool. Does it live up to the hype? What's the best way to play it these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                I was always curious about Thexder, because it looked really cool. Does it live up to the hype? What's the best way to play it these days?
                                It's fun but hard and very of it's time; like most of the games Sierra brought over tbf. Probably the best or at least easiest way to play it is on the PSP/PS3 where they remade the first game as Thexder Neo. That's how I found out about it

IIRC I think there's a demo as well so it's worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                                X