Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Did you take a pilgrimage to his new shop for those?
    No, he said that I need to too. We talked about you and Lee said he haven't seen you for a while, but you're one of the soundest person going. Next time I'm Newcastle/Hartlepool I'll call in and we have a pint

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      TA had lottery win?
      I wish!!!! Its called selling my Switch, Atari Jaguar (which I now regret) 3 extra bank shifts and selling a few Xbox one games, that are now on GamePass

All worth it mind, the Neo Geo AES is stunning

Comment

What sellings you selled?

Comment

What sellings you selled?
          Atari Jaguar with 4 games, DMV 5 ect on the One, and a Switch with 5 games. I'm gutted with selling the Jaguar now mind

Comment

I’m actually intrigued as to what four Jaguar games you could possibly miss that much... especially when you’ve ended up with an AES?

Comment

4 copies of Kasumi Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                what four Jaguar games you could possibly miss that much...
                I'd miss the following:

Tempest 2000
                Alien vs Predator
                Super Burnout
                Iron Soldier.
                Brutal Sports Football

So that's not four, it's five!

Kasumi Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                  I’m actually intrigued as to what four Jaguar games you could possibly miss that much... especially when you’ve ended up with an AES?
                  Looking over Tempest and Alien Vs. I really loved Power Drive Rally on the Jag, that was the best version of an overlooked and amazing game

Comment

4 copies of Kasumi Ninja
                    'Show No Mercy '

Comment

Well neo sds are crazy expensive, and it’s one step away from just playing the lot on a pc really. Same for all these people getting over excited about knock off megadrives with sd cartridges. Might as well just use a pc.
                      I don’t see the similarity here at all. Original hardware with a bit perfect copy of the original game vs. Software emulation?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Atari Jaguar (which I now regret)
                        Tempest is one of my fave games ever but I sold my Jag too a year or so back ... just couldn't justify having it for one game.

Next time I'm Newcastle/Hartlepool I'll call in and we have a pint
                        You're on

Comment

Well neo sds are crazy expensive, and it’s one step away from just playing the lot on a pc really. Same for all these people getting over excited about knock off megadrives with sd cartridges. Might as well just use a pc.
                          Couldn’t disagree more. Original hardware is still being used with a Neo SD so nothing like PC emulation at all imo.

Also, as pointed out already on here, OG Neo•Geo AES software prices today simply aren’t justifiable. They were barely justifiable at the cheaper end of the scale BITD, tbh.

Comment

I guess it comes down, really, to what you're buying them for. No matter what anyone says, when you're dropping £3000 on a cart, it's more about the owning and displaying than it is about the playing. Sure, Metal Slug 3 on Switch isn't absolutely 100% perfectly like the AES version, but it is pretty similar and approximately £2994 cheaper.

It's kind of like collecting rare stamps or something once you get into the crazy money. No one is actually using their rare stamps. They just acquire and own and display them and that, presumably, is its own pleasure and reward.

Comment

You mad AES boys need to get a Neo19 4 slot!

About the price as an expensive AES cart - can't get more authentic than the original arcade Hardware!

The footprint is about the same as a stack of AES carts, a CRT and the console
                              Last edited by Zaki; 01-09-2019, 21:03.

Comment

[MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION], I need a lovely looking cab for the shop, any leads?

Comment

Working...
                                X