Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    The vast majority just see it as a way of making money, and sadly a lot of it. They have little to no interest in the stuff they show,
    Yeah, you get those sort of people who pander to a large audience and it's all about easy money. Their approach is shoveling the same old stuff others have been doing for years. The amount of 'History of the Mega Drive' sort of videos is beyond a joke now. It's just a huge bandwagon people have jumped on.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    actual true gaming knowledge.
    Knowledge gained from decades of being a gaming enthusiast is what I appreciate. People who just browse Wiki don't impress me. It's all about coming across as being a true enthusiast who has a wealth of knowledge based on experience.

Yet I know more . Well, about the Saturn, Mega Drive and Super Famicom at least.
    I probably know more about the 3DO than you do. Although, that's probably not something to boast about.

I remember reading all your reviews of Mega Drive and Saturn games on your website ages ago, and I really appreciated your candid, no BS approach to reviews. It's nice when someone appreciates what makes a truly good or bad game -- and can express their opinion without resorting to info(review scores etc..) on Wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      I quite like Nostalgia Nerd
      I don't mind Nostalgia Nerd. He's been doing his thing for years, so he's not a copycat. I think his speaking voice is pleasant, and he genuinely gets a kick out of buying all sorts of retro gear. I watch his videos now and then. I used to watch gaming channels more often, but I got tired of the same old stuff and stale approach. So I mainly watch football videos and the odd bit of current affairs to see what's going on in the world, because I don't tend to watch television.

Comment

Also a lot of people think it's just one person beavering away in their spare bedroom, rather than a team of people which most of them have.

Comment

Well harmful park arrived in a super padded & protected box and it's flawless, there is not a single crease or scratch anywhere it might as well just come fresh out of been unsealed for the condition it's in even the spine card is pristine whoever owned this looked after it extremely well he was selling quite a few other games but i missed out on them, he had a mint copy of zanac going too but they all ended at the same time and my attention was totally focused on this one.

Now safely in a slightly scuffed protector till i get home from work tonight to try it out, damn my late shift getting in the way of gaming lol.
          Last edited by importaku; 26-11-2019, 10:25.

Comment

I want to know about the "high-brow gags" of Harmful Park!

On the other end of the scale, I've been cashing in some of my PAL Saturn games and replacing them with the Japanese equivalents, if there's no notable language barrier. PAL prices have gone up a fair bit even on common games, whereas Japanese prices outside of the rare stuff have mostly stagnated (or even gone down).

As an example, sold a tatty version of Clockwork Knight PAL and was able to "convert" the money into the Japanese versions of both 1+2! I really liked the first one back in the day, but never actually got round to the sequel (it's arguably one game split into two anyway). It's a nice way of gaining some new games for free, but also freeing up space from those huge PAL boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post

On the other end of the scale, I've been cashing in some of my PAL Saturn games and replacing them with the Japanese equivalents, if there's no notable language barrier. PAL prices have gone up a fair bit even on common games, whereas Japanese prices outside of the rare stuff have mostly stagnated (or even gone down).

As an example, sold a tatty version of Clockwork Knight PAL and was able to "convert" the money into the Japanese versions of both 1+2! I really liked the first one back in the day, but never actually got round to the sequel (it's arguably one game split into two anyway). It's a nice way of gaining some new games for free, but also freeing up space from those huge PAL boxes.
              It’s blatant false advertising there are no high brow gags they are crude silly ones like in parodius hehe. Is a weird catch line to put on a box though that’s for sure. As a bonus of you upgrading pal to Japanese you will also get some cracking box art with your games as a bonus. Remember my friends uk Saturn and me clocking the first clockwork knight in one sitting. Never got chance to play the 2nd game.

Comment

The 1st game is crap , the 2nd game is so much better .Looks stunning too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  The 1st game is crap , the 2nd game is so much better .Looks stunning too
                  I liked the first one! The train stage where you'd see the 3D train going around in the background and then rejoining you in the foreground blew my mind. The game was a bit of a doddle, but sometimes I like a nice easy one.

Weird bit of trivia is that the Clockwork Knight "2D sprites overlaid onto shifting moving 3D perspective" format inspired the game engine used for Grand Theft Auto 1. One of the designers at DMA liked how it worked and made their own mock-up version, then they later got the idea to adapt the prototype for a top-down view and it went from there.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    It’s blatant false advertising there are no high brow gags
                    I can only assume that the box art is a 'high brow gag', but I haven't got a clue?

Comment

It is one game split in to two. In Japan we have a special edition which is both games in one. It also comes with a crap load of bonus content.

Comment

I liked the first one! The train stage where you'd see the 3D train going around in the background and then rejoining you in the foreground blew my mind. The game was a bit of a doddle, but sometimes I like a nice easy one.

Weird bit of trivia is that the Clockwork Knight "2D sprites overlaid onto shifting moving 3D perspective" format inspired the game engine used for Grand Theft Auto 1. One of the designers at DMA liked how it worked and made their own mock-up version, then they later got the idea to adapt the prototype for a top-down view and it went from there.
                        I loved the transformer boss and that was about it . SEGA rushed the game out and it clearly wasn't finished .SEGA had to drop levels that made up the Sequel. The Sequel was so much better and also looked amazing too

Comment

It is one game split in to two. In Japan we have a special edition which is both games in one. It also comes with a crap load of bonus content.
                          I saw that, looked into it a bit but decided I wasn't bothered enough about the extra stuff to pay more. The extra mini-games look a bit homebrew!

You get a load of Clockwork Knight artwork on the Photo CD Operating System too, I got it from Dixons for 99p just for the novelty. Never got round to making any photo CDs though.

Comment

I really like the Clockwork Knight games -- they have a lot of charm, and the quite simple gameplay appeals to me. They're really fun, uplifting games to go back to. The sequel is far more polished, but the original is also worth playing and has some memorable moments.

Comment

Always felt Clockwork Knight should have been the basis of a Saturn-based Sonic title, if they could get more speed up and layered backgrounds. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I never got on with any of the 3D Sonic games. Think they should have moved to 2.5D.

Just got to see what I can convert some of my other PAL Saturn games into now. I'll be glad to see the back of those awful card-on-plastic cases.

Comment

but I never got on with any of the 3D Sonic games. Think they should have moved to 2.5D.
                                I enjoyed Sonic Adventure quite a bit and thought it showed off the hardware, but I definitely prefer the original MD Sonic games. Sonic works best in 2D.

I can appreciate why Sega wanted to create a 3D Sonic for the Saturn, as 3D was the big thing at the time, so the idea of Sonic's world in 3D really appealed to people. But creating a 2.5D Sonic with some fancy effects would have been a better idea -- and I think it could have made for an impressive, fun game.

I'll be glad to see the back of those awful card-on-plastic cases.
                                Yeah, they're really unattractive.

Comment

Working...
                                X