Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    LOL

Better than my part of the world. Here's how we play in my neck of the woods

So death stranding is based on this character i see.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Here's how we play in my neck of the woods

People like this wanted to play on my Amstrad.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post

Treated myself to a DS and GBA for Xmas. The famicom games were from Hirst, we both set a spend limit and a list of what games we had, and had to surprise each other. The Fammydodd Christmas Card Company has improved on their designs too!
        A nice haul there, it pleases me to see people still playing & buying DS stuff. Goemon karakuri douchu is also a fun game, my top tip is to jump everywhere in the levels as hidden stairways are all over the place.

Comment

I haven't played games so much in years as I have been the last 3 days since this dropped through the door, so many dreams have come alive. Had the system for a good while just got the 161 in 1 cart , going for around £100 delivered now.

Comment

A couple more post xmas purchases off ebay, but will be trapped in postal system till after new year.

The 2nd mario VS DK game i'm missing it's different enough from other one on DS to add into collection.

Also one of the last few cooking related games i'm missing, there are a pile of digital cookery books i'm still after but this is the last one that's actually a game. Yakitate Japan, not much cooking as it's a board game in the same vein as momotaro dentetsu & itadaki street but it's a fun one if a little rough around the edges been a gen 1 DS game release when devs were still looking at how to maximise it's features. This ones kind of a pain to find in mint condition as they are usually pretty beat up.

Comment

That’s cool - I really enjoyed the Yakitate Japan anime, I didn’t realise there was a game. Dat melon bread.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                That’s cool - I really enjoyed the Yakitate Japan anime, I didn’t realise there was a game. Dat melon bread.
                Funnily enough i'm currently rewatching the anime which is what spurred me into trying to finally track down a copy of it. The anime is hillarious, so many wordplay jokes not one to watch while hungry either. Shokugeki no souma is a git for making me really hungry as well.

Comment

Another bargain snapped up at 3am, space invaders extreme it certainly isn't but it does have a fun new age version of invaders on there where the aliens have weird behaviour and you get new weapons for £3 it's a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    space invaders extreme
                    I really like Space Invaders Extreme 2. Also, Nanostray 1 & 2 are decent shooters. I guess you own them?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      I really like Space Invaders Extreme 2. Also, Nanostray 1 & 2 are decent shooters. I guess you own them?
                      Haven't got around to owning the nanostray games but i do have both space invaders extreme games. I'd class them both as essential purchases for the DS.

Comment

Haven't got around to owning the nanostray games
                        I like both Nanostray games, but opinion varies on which is best. The sequel is definitely more impressive. The first game is pretty cheap, with the sequel being around double the price.

Comment

The ds doesnt have a lot of shooters so they now tend to go for higher prices, ketsui is now stupidly overpriced. Contra also now has a very high value along with metal slug 7 sadly they are ones i still need so i'm gonna have to dig deep for them.

Comment

Contra also now has a very high value
                            It's a really good game, so I'm glad I bought it ages ago. There are a few retro games I'd like to own, but high prices put me off. I've always said that hardware is most important to me, so there are only a few things, such as the Vectrex, that I'd still like to have. I kick myself for not buying a Vectrex last decade, when you could get a minty one for a decent price.

Comment

I recently found out that Konami have a subscription based Beatmania IIDX game on PC and I wanted to try it but man, controllers are not cheap.

With that in mind I decided to give some of the older titles a try on PSX. I did try the official PAL release back in the day but fell off pretty hard.

I know the IIDX games are faster/more technical but it's been pretty fun so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

I recently found out that Konami have a subscription based Beatmania IIDX game on PC and I wanted to try it but man, controllers are not cheap.

With that in mind I decided to give some of the older titles a try on PSX. I did try the official PAL release back in the day but fell off pretty hard.

I know the IIDX games are faster/more technical but it's been pretty fun so far.
                                one of us, one of us hehe. Only just got into this series myself i have avoided IIDX so far due to the cost of everything as some of those PS2 IIDX games go for over £100, i'm going budget and staying with PS1 for the moment. The PS1 games are basic in comparison but still a lot of fun. Would be interesting to hear how your controller plays as i was tempted to go for that one if i couldn't get hold of the pro version with the light up buttons. Thats the cheapy pro non arcade controller btw not those massive arcade monsters on the site you posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X