Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Another purchase in the early hours as i never expected to come across this one in pretty much new condition so it was a instant purchase, wanted it for a while now. Was weirdly listed too so i doubt many stumbled across the auction.

The lyrics in this game are damn addictive lol
    Cakiiiii o yakou
    Cakiiiii o yakou
    Suponjiiii fuwa fuwa
    Kurimuuu tappuri

thats now 15 ds games im waiting for to turn up in the post, havent posted all of them in the thread as it would just be endless streams of ebay pics i'll just wait for all to show up before i do a group shot. At this rate it's not gonna be long at all before i reach the 400 threshold gonna have to do another shelf shuffle to accomodate this new lot lol.
    This is my fav, thankfully it's in the DS port too

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
      This is my fav, thankfully it's in the DS port too

https://youtu.be/aswSfobKtFY
      I love how theres karaoke lyrics at the bottom so you can sing along as you play, played it in rom form for ages but always wanted a nice original copy of it. It plays very much like puzznic but i'm crap at the later levels it gets stupidly complex the further in you get.

Comment

More DS games arrived today some are replacements for games i already had thankfully you can get some cheap used ones off Amazon Japan marketplace i just needed the covers for Culdcept & kurupoto as the spines were faded on mine. Also ended up getting a new sealed copy of kekkaishi as the manual in the one i got off ebay was creased far too much for it to be acceptable in my collection so for £6 i thought screw it and got another copy. Also finally got othello de othello DS been after this damn game for aaaages but all the used copies on Amazon japan had no pics and with the cover been green it's a huge fade risk and there was no way i was gonna risk 9000 yen for a sealed copy either as that might have been faded but i finally found a seller of a used copy that took pics of their copy so i jumped on that sucker been paitently waiting for nearly a year for one to appear with pics and be in excellent condition. You don't get much on it apart from othello but i love playing it and it's a nice version, also space invaders turned up it's super light on content but the new age version is a quirky pick up & play for 10 mins or so. For what it cost i'm happy to have it in my library. Would have been gutted if i had payed £25 for it on release though lol as theres just the classic version & the new age one and thats pretty much it.
        Last edited by importaku; 14-01-2020, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          Couple of "economy shipping" specials turned up that I'd won on the run up to Christmas.

One case has a big crack in it, but I paid something like 74p each so I'm not bothered. They're actually in really good condition and complete apart from that, spine cards and everything. Ignore my phone camera's lame white balance.

You might be more familiar with the European name "Kurushi" that was on that demo everyone had. I had the PAL version, but I gave it to a mate a couple years back as we both got addicted to it playing round his house (we've both clocked it at the highest setting, which is rare for either of us on a puzzler). I intended to pick up Kurushi Final but it goes for a solid £30 now, so I thought I'd get the Japanese versions of both. It was a big seller there so it's super-common and cheap, plus there isn't really any text in the game.

I love the atmosphere of this game, being this little guy floating in the darkness with all these cubes relentlessly booming towards you while orchestral music plays and a voice from above shouts "Fiiirst staaage". I've not had Final before so should be interesting to see what changes (probably not much).
          I like Kurushi too! I do think the UK name, which I've always thought (perhaps mistakenly) is a reference to the Japanese word for death by overwork, is cooler though.

Have you played Catherine? It's fundamentally a very similar game, but with an overarching story strung together by anime cutscenes.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I like Kurushi too! I do think the UK name, which I've always thought (perhaps mistakenly) is a reference to the Japanese word for death by overwork, is cooler though.
            KURUSHII basically means something is difficult to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              KURUSHII basically means something is difficult to do.
              Ah, that’s interesting, thanks

Comment

Went to a CEX near me I hadn't been to before.

Comment

Currently northbound on motorway with car load of retros.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    Went to a CEX near me I hadn't been to before.
                    I hadn't hearD of 'World Super Police, so I looked at a video of it in action......

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Currently northbound on motorway with car load of retros.

Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-01-2020, 17:38.

Comment

Ah, Ridge Racer V ... so many happy memories

Comment

Infocom

Comment

All I see is Einstein...

Oh and Elite.

And Druid.

Those pics evoke memories of '80s computer shops.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-01-2020, 14:07.

Comment

I'll to go steady with this lot, quite a few games I've not seen online for the Einstein.

Comment

That’s quite the haul. Excellent stuff

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post

Infocom
                                Lovely old school pick up and so nice to see a lack of Japanese in the pickup. Don't get me wrong I love the Japanese stuff, but there were other players back in the day

Comment

Working...
                                X