Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Couple of these were already in the collection but the rest came today,
    Akumajō Densetsu is awesome. Star Soldier is a really nice old school shooter. Both Gradius games are good. SMB3 is a golden classic.

@Team Andromeda

Is Virtua Racing any good? I remember people moaning about it back in the day, so I gave it a miss.

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
    Some recent goodies.
    Ristar is one of my favourite MD platformers -- such nice graphics and overall design.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      I’ll take it off your hands if you’re selling?
      I was going to stick it on eBay sometime but sure, why not. Looks like it goes for about £80-100 now, which is kind of nuts! How much were you thinking of?

Comment

I was going to stick it on eBay sometime but sure, why not. Looks like it goes for about £80-100 now, which is kind of nuts! How much were you thinking of?
        Crikey, you’re right. It was around the £60 - £70 mark not so long ago.

Being honest I wasn’t expecting to pay that much. Would you consider a trade for Phantasy Star Fukkokuban? It goes for £70 - £80 so I would add some cash on top if you’re interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Is Virtua Racing any good? I remember people moaning about it back in the day, so I gave it a miss.
          'IF' you can get your head around this doesn't handle or play like the Arcade game, then it's a nice game with a ton of content (for the time) Its very much like Daytona USA CE. It handles and plays nothing like the Arcade game and isn't as good, but a very decent game in its own right

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Its very much like Daytona USA CE. It handles and plays nothing like the Arcade game and isn't as good, but a very decent game in its own right
            I just hope the handling is OK, so I'll give it a go. I remember being interested in it back in the day, but there seemed to be a lot of negativity surrounding it.

At least Sega Rally has perfect handling that makes it a joy to play.

Comment

I just hope the handling is OK, so I'll give it a go. I remember being interested in it back in the day, but there seemed to be a lot of negativity surrounding it.

It did get a good review in SEGA Power LOL. Its a decent game that seems to be going up in price too, so get it now

Comment

Here's an interesting bit of trivia for you. Virtual Racing on Saturn has no region code lock. The pal game works on a Japanese Saturn and vice versa. No idea about the US version.

Comment

Also, I bought a repro of Propeller Arena. This one was never released and would have been one of the last DC games. It's by AM2 and to be honest, it's rubbish. But at least I finally got to play it!
                  Do you know who made that cover to the Propeller Arena repro? Yep, me. Should have a spine card with it too. I still have the original photo shop files too.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                    Just added this to my MD/Darius collection, big thanks to @Colin,

Man it’s tougher than I remember!

Really nice! Any chance of a picture of you Darius collection? I just want to feel really jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      The pal game works on a Japanese Saturn and vice versa. No idea about the US version.
                      Are there any differences between the regions? I might grab a Japanese copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Do you know who made that cover to the Propeller Arena repro? Yep, me. Should have a spine card with it too. I still have the original photo shop files too.
                        Wow I had no idea. There's no spine with the one I bought unfortunately, and everything is a little too low res. Guess someone scaled it down at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          Crikey, you’re right. It was around the £60 - £70 mark not so long ago.

Being honest I wasn’t expecting to pay that much. Would you consider a trade for Phantasy Star Fukkokuban? It goes for £70 - £80 so I would add some cash on top if you’re interested?
                          Alas my Japanese knowledge isn't quite good enough to read the kanji in an RPG. Some day, some day...

Comment

Are there any differences between the regions? I might grab a Japanese copy.
                            The covers for the other versions I never made so I'm no sure. The disc data is the same for all.

Comment

Wow I had no idea. There's no spine with the one I bought unfortunately, and everything is a little too low res. Guess someone scaled it down at some point.
                              Bummer. Looks like someone ripped off my cover and lowered the resolution. I wonder if it still has Yakumo on the back of the cover?
                              The actual disc should be yellow as well. I'll show you the original if you'd like. I'm sure I still have mine knocking about..

Comment

Inspired by Paulus’ homemade cab (and to a lesser extent, Escape-to-88’s Egret restoration - although sadly I have the neither the disposable income nor skill to attempt something like that), I picked this little beauty up off eBay with a view to making a Pi-based arcade cab:

It’s a 21” Samsung Syncmaster 214t, and, bearing in mind that 4:3 monitors over 19” are like hen’s teeth, and that this has 8ms response time which is nay too bad for an old set, the fact that, thanks to a spelling error in the listing, I bagged it for a tenner uncontested, it seems I got me a real bargain. The bonus I discovered after collecting it? It does this:

Back of the net!
                                Last edited by samanosuke; 26-06-2020, 16:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X