• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
    Since getting a CRT Ive started collecting PS1 and PS2 games again,

Capcom Collection vol. 1
    Capcom Collection vol. 2
    PS2 games look much better on a CRT.

Those Capcom collections are really good. I'd also recommend the Taito compilations that are full of classics.

Comment

I'm curious, where did you order the PS2 games from? VGI perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        They call me Mr. Multimedia

The box art for Voyeur is really bloody cool. Also digging the cover of Palm Springs Open - and of course Theme Park is a classic piece of design.

Nice gets.

Comment

Although I did enjoy my 3DO, the fact that I'd traded in my MegaDrive/MegaCD combo and around 25 games for one left a sour taste in my mouth for a very, very long time.

Comment

I enjoyed the 3DO I owned briefly enough to know that I didn't want to spend money on an RGB mod or games.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              My goodness that’s quite a fun list, that’s an obscene amount of hours worth of gaming you got there. Yup it’s a risk when you wait as soon as supplies dry up the price hikes start. Had to pay for that in the past now if I see something and it’s something I really want I mostly just give in and pay up, rarely does it reappear cheaper but sometimes I have gotten lucky but maybe 1 out of 20 purchases if that.
              Yeah and most of them I have never played before so I'm looking forward to starting them for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I'm curious, where did you order the PS2 games from? VGI perhaps?
                The SMT games and the PSX stuff I bought on amazon, new copy of Chrono Cross was $10 directly sold by amazon which is a steal. The fatal frame and capcom games are from Videogamesplus and the rest is from play-asia. I imagine a lot of these (especially the Atlus stuff) are reprints but seeing the obscene prices the SMT games for other systems are going for it might be best to get them now while they're still available. All are US versions btw.

Comment

Oh, I think I meant VGP actually. Cheers though, got my P3/P4 there some years ago and didn't expect them to deal with PS2 games still.

Comment

Bought quite a few bits off a collector selling up the other week , one of them was my first play with a PVM, a 20 inch Sony , the question I keep asking myself, why didn't I get one years ago....

To many buttons and dials for my liking but I've got it to where my eyes see it as crystal clear so I'm happy

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Although I did enjoy my 3DO, the fact that I'd traded in my MegaDrive/MegaCD combo and around 25 games for one left a sour taste in my mouth for a very, very long time.
                      I bought an import FZ-1 for £400 with Crash 'n Burn -- and I have fond memories of enjoying it for a couple of years. I'll always remember 1994 as being the year that gave me a good glimpse of what next gen 32-bit gaming would be like. There may not have been loads of must-have 3DO games, but quite a few were something special for the time. It's a shame that the machine never got pushed further, seeing it was dead by 1995.

I can understand why you could have regretted trading in all the Sega stuff for a 3DO, but at least retro gear was cheap in the late '90s and early this century, so you could have bought it all again for a cheaper price. I bought loads of Mega Drive stuff dirt cheap when people were practically giving it away between 2000-2005.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      I enjoyed the 3DO I owned briefly enough to know that I didn't want to spend money on an RGB mod or games.
                      3DO games were always really cheap between 1995-2005. I bought loads of sealed games for a couple of quid each. So it wasn't a console that you had to spend much money on. I bought a minty boxed FZ-1 with loads of games off here for £50 about 15 years ago -- and that seemed expensive at the time. So I have two FZ-1 consoles in my collection; one being my original machine that's still going strong(touch wood).

It's a shame the RGB mod is so expensive, so I won't bother having one done. S-Video looks OK.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 27-08-2020, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                        To many buttons and dials for my liking but I've got it to where my eyes see it as crystal clear so I'm happy
                        It looks really nice. I can see the geometry is spot on, so that's another positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          I can understand why you could have regretted trading in all the Sega stuff for a 3DO, but at least retro gear was dirt cheap in the late '90s and early this century, so you could have bought it all again for a cheaper price. I bought loads of Mega Drive stuff dirt cheap when people were practically giving it away between 2000-2005.
                          Weren’t those the days? I bought Ys Books I & II for TGCD sealed for $50 which, thanks to a robust exchange rate, was just £25 at the time. Try getting one now that hasn’t been slapped in a plastic box with “VGA“ plastered across it and a BIN price of a grand! Even AES games were cheap - I picked up a minty Slug 3 for under £200 but the less said about that, the better, as I flogged it a couple of years later for more or less what I paid for it :/

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            You weren’t the only one. I sold my Sega combo to a guy at work for his spoiled laddie and dropped £400 on a PAL FZ-1. I did enjoy the 3DO and it was a big leap from 16 bit era but with hindsight it was only a stepping stone to the Saturn and GreyStation.

Comment

I sold my original MD/MCD combo plus about 25 games for £90 to cash converters and... bought Tomb Raider and PGA ‘97 for PSX from Curry’s for £45 apiece. Yep, what a dumbarse!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                                Weren’t those the days?
                                I could have bought most AES games for £50-100 in the late '90s. 8-bit and 16-bit stuff was given away. I wish I had been intro retro gaming during that period, but things were still pretty cheap from 2000-2010. It was easy to find people practically giving away big bundles of retro gear.

Then people went retro crazy and we have the situation today where prices have gone through the roof.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                I did enjoy the 3DO and it was a big leap from 16 bit era but with hindsight it was only a stepping stone to the Saturn and GreyStation.
                                Yeah, the 3DO was a flash in the pan, but I still have fond memories of first seeing Crash 'n Burn in 1993 and then buying an import machine in early '94.

I can see why the 3DO failed -- and why most people were happy to wait to Sega and Sony's 32-bit machines -- but it did feel like a cutting edge machine for a short while. Its best games felt like something special for their time.

When it comes to retro gaming, the 3DO is far from being one of my favourite machines, but I do go back to it now and then and some of the games manage to stand the test of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X