No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was collecting AES carts from 2000 to 2009. Loads of bargains.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I was collecting AES carts from 2000 to 2009. Loads of bargains.
      I remember seeing games like Robo Army, Burning Fight, Cyber-Lip, Mutation Nation etc... for less than £50 on the AES, so I wish I had bought some. But I didn't get my hands on an AES until a while later. I thought £100 was expensive at that point, so I only have a few AES games that I got from Japan for a cheapish price. Then the prices went crazy for most games. I'll always treasure my AES though.

Comment

When the PSX and Saturn came out, I had one of them but picked up another Megadrive cheap. The shops in my area were selling games dirt cheap, as though the last gen was worthless. I was paying around two or three pounds for most Japanese Megadrive titles I hunted down. I should've kept them all but after a few months i just gave them all to someone I knew. Another lad picked up a Neogeo for £30 but I think it was Pal. Crazy times.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          Crazy times.
          People were acting like old retro stuff was junk in the late '90s through to around 2005. I bought a huge Mega Drive collection with Gunstar Heroes and other popular games for £20. It was a big box of stuff that no one wanted. It was the same with the Dreamcast etc... I remember buying a huge box of Dreamcast stuff -- console, controllers, arcade stick, mint games, VMUs -- for £25. Would be worth many hundreds now.

I still kick myself for not buying a Vectrex when they were around £100 for a nice condition example with a collection of games.Gutted.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 28-08-2020, 01:48.

Comment

Courtesy of Hohum, a Japanese PSOne just arrived. I went looking for a UK power supply for it on ebay and Amazon and it was cheaper to buy a bundle of a UK PSOne, a controller, a PSU and 6 games off ebay than it was to just buy a PSU. That should be here next week and then I'm good to go for all my PS1 games.

Comment

Buying bundles to get items cheaper is pretty much how I ended up with too much PS1 hardware! At least you can sell off the unwanted stuff later to recoup costs, just a bit of extra faff unfortunately. Enjoy

Comment

Very nice! Hoping to end up with an NTSC machine myself too to get a PSone screen for.

Comment

Payday today so i can finally chip away at my wanted list of games again. Today one of the shooters i really wanted, sadly no spinecard but the selection on ebay is slim for nice condition first print copys. Don't want a best selection or a psone books edition.

Now to try and track down a copy of R-type delta
                  Last edited by importaku; 28-08-2020, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    Courtesy of Hohum, a Japanese PSOne just arrived.
                    Such a cute machine. I have a couple in my PS1 collection.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Today one of the shooters i really wanted

Now to try and track down a copy of R-type delta
                    Nice.. Gradius Gaiden is excellent. You definitely need to grab a copy R-Type Delta next.

Comment

R-type delta now off the list, was tricky as the auction ended while i was in the lab at work this morning so i had to sneak my phone out to snipe at last second as the cheapskates were slowly chipping at the value a quid here & there. Slammed £65 on at last 30 seconds and watched them all scrabble to try and outbid lol. Ended at £44 before anyone could go higher, seller said disk was mint and it's in the uk so i wont get hit with import duty, weirdly i like the art on this one more than the first print edition a rarity for me.

Not sure which shooters to try pick up next, was tempted by the gradius deluxe pack and the salamander one but to be honest i have those games on my pc engine mini so unless there's some amazing difference on the PS1 versions it seems a bit of a waste to get them again. Gaia seed is a definite no as i tried that the other day and for the cost of it you'd think it was amazing but after trying it out on my ps classic it looks and feels pretty average like a game halfway between a snes and ps1 game.

Maybe einhander next? not tried that one. anyone got any more PS1 shooter recommendations? so far i have.....

Sexy parodius
                      Jikkyou oshaberi parodius
                      Gokujou parodius deluxe pack
                      Soukyugurentai
                      Harmful park
                      Cho aniki
                      Twinbee yahoo DX pack
                      Time Bokan Series: Bokan Desuyo
                      Time Bokan Series: Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronbo
                      Zanac x Zanac
                      70's robot anime Geppy-X
                      Gradius gaiden (in the post)
                      R-type delta (also in the post)
                      Last edited by importaku; 30-08-2020, 20:11.

Comment

If you don’t have DonPachi then I’d say aim for that.

Comment

Importaku, I completed Delta once when it came out, I couldn't afford these games now. Einhander used clever camera angles at times and was very highly rated back then , I'd suggest try before you buy. The feel of it is different to similar games because you equip the ships' arms with weapons.

I think you have Zanac, isn't there a special version of Raiden on psx, is it Raiden Dx?

Comment

Oops yeah i forgot to add Zanac to that list. Had a look on ebay at Donpachi Phillv85 yikes a 3 figure price tag game gonna need to download that to test out i think from youtube it looks ace. Will see if i can find einhander as well, will also have a look into Raiden. I have a feeling there's loads i have no idea about shooters is not a genre i know inside & out.

Comment

Have you got a proxy service you use for access to Yahoo Auctions Japan? There’s a couple finishing tomorrow that currently have no bids and are under £40.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Oops yeah i forgot to add Zanac to that list. Had a look on ebay at Donpachi Phillv85 yikes a 3 figure price tag game gonna need to download that to test out i think from youtube it looks ace. Will see if i can find einhander as well, will also have a look into Raiden. I have a feeling there's loads i have no idea about shooters is not a genre i know inside & out.
                                I have these on a list somewhere, not sure which is the best or if Psx for sure:

Gaia Seed,
                                Wolf Fang,
                                Sonic Wings special,
                                You must know Ray Storm and Crisis.

I love ps1 games the more obscure the better, but arcade type games were often better on the Saturn if not exclusives.

Comment

Working...
                                X