Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    I have these on a list somewhere, not sure which is the best or if Psx for sure:

Gaia Seed,
    Wolf Fang,
    Sonic Wings special,
    You must know Ray Storm and Crisis.

I love ps1 games the more obscure the better, but arcade type games were often better on the Saturn if not exclusives.
    Gonna have a look at those on youtube, already knew of gaia seed but that one is not for me good job really as it's pricetag is extreme to say the least lol. The others however may be more promising

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
    Have you got a proxy service you use for access to Yahoo Auctions Japan? There’s a couple finishing tomorrow that currently have no bids and are under £40.
    I signed up with buyee ages ago but never have used them on yahoo.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Maybe einhander next? not tried that one.
      Einhander is a very cinematic shooter, so there's a lot of stuff going on all around you, and it feels really epic. It's completely different to a traditional shoot 'em up from the 8 & 16-bit era. I really like it, but it might not appeal to every shooter fan.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
        I have these on a list somewhere, not sure which is the best or if Psx for sure:

Gaia Seed,
        Wolf Fang,
        Sonic Wings special,
        You must know Ray Storm and Crisis.

I love ps1 games the more obscure the better, but arcade type games were often better on the Saturn if not exclusives.
        If you're going for Wolf Fang and Sonic Wings you should get them on the Saturn if you have a Japanese Saturn. The Saturn version of Sonic wings has a cool 480i mode if your TV can handle it as well as a Tate mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          If you're going for Wolf Fang and Sonic Wings you should get them on the Saturn if you have a Japanese Saturn. The Saturn version of Sonic wings has a cool 480i mode if your TV can handle it as well as a Tate mode.
          First time I have heard 480i referred to as ‘cool’ lol

Comment

Well, 480i is high resolution right?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Well, 480i is high resolution right?
              Yep. So back in the day it was cool.

Comment

To right I know everyone is obsessed with 240p these days but if you fired up a hi res Saturn of PSOne game in the day it was very wooaaaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  So back in the day it was cool.
                  Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  it was very wooaaaah.

Yeah... seeing games running in hi-res on 32-bit consoles provoked this reaction...

Comment

Another one found, an obscure but thankfully cheap one. Hanabi fantast a game where you have to make fireworks and there's requirements to what the people in each area want. There is a seemingly endless combination of colours and effects you can put into your creations sort of a firework RPG. £12 for a complete minty copy, yes please

Comment

On the subject of 480i, it's worth mentioning that the Mega Drive uses it on the Sonic 2 "versus" mode (the split screen one where it looks squashed).

Comment

Another one found, an obscure but thankfully cheap one. Hanabi fantast
                        What a magical game... the design is full of charm.

Your PS1 collection is full of obscure gems.

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        On the subject of 480i, it's worth mentioning that the Mega Drive uses it on the Sonic 2 "versus" mode (the split screen one where it looks squashed).
                        Oh yeah... it runs in the MD's 320x448 mode.

The SNES has a hi-res[512x448] mode that was used for menu screens in some games. A couple of games used it in-game: Ranma 1/2; RPM Racing. But the colour palette is severely reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          What a magical game... the design is full of charm.

Your PS1 collection is full of obscure gems.
                          It's a really unique game i can't think of any other game where you build your own fireworks, this one goes into depth as you can select which part of the blast in the shell you want to focus on and the type of gunpowder stars or effects and the colours once you have chosen the components of the firework it's a matter of naming it and then it's ready to put down and launch. The effects of the explosions are pretty nicely done it's no fantavision on ps2 but the effects are very nice. Been playing for a while on the classic but i wanted a real copy for my library. I honestly wonder if i'll ever stop finding new interesting games for ps1 hehe

Comment

I honestly wonder if i'll ever stop finding new interesting games for ps1 hehe
                            If only £12 was the average price for all the PS1 games you collect. It's cool that your collecting is all about passion for interesting games that inspire you.

Comment

I regret leaving it so late to expand my ps1 library as finding stuff in mint condition is sooooooo hard. Lol if only everything was £12 my library would already be hundreds deep, as of now it's nearing the 100 games mark but not quite there.

Comment

They call me Mr. Interacative part 2 : Motion Redux

Comment

Working...
                                X