User Tag List

Page 222 of 270 FirstFirst ... 122212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2693

I screwed up here by assuming the Famicom has the same controller ports as the NES.

Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    And got a free 28" Sony CRT for lightgun fun:
    Looks like a 1993-95 model. Should give a really nice image. Makes retro games look very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepp View Post

I screwed up here by assuming the Famicom has the same controller ports as the NES.
    Can you buy a converter?
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-07-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Can you buy a converter?
    There's a guy in the states that sells them. Not the cheapest though. He does have a howto guide on his website which doesn't look too difficult so I'm going to try my luck and see how I get on

It finally arrived.

All of the issues Yakumo mentioned are present but at least its here.

It finally arrived.

All of the issues Yakumo mentioned are present but at least its here.
    It's such a shame this one was not more professional.

I bought a couple of books and an 8BitDo controller.

The Game Console has images of consoles from every generation up to the present. It's hardback and the paper is top quality. It's a very thick book with lots of content to savour. I'd say it's a must-have for anyone interested in the history of gaming. Cost me 13 new from Amazon.

The guide to developer Treasure is what you'd expect from Hardcore Gaming101 -- it has a nice cover, just about reasonable quality paper, and is quite enjoyable to read through. I think fans of the dev will feel it's worth owning.

The wired controller from 8BitDo is based on the American SNES pad(it has two concave face buttons) with the additional benefit of analogue sticks(they work perfectly). It feels really good to use -- the D-pad is excellent and the buttons feel firm and responsive. Top quality in all areas.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-07-2019 at 09:01 PM.

I saw this on demo discs back in the day and always thought it looked cool in a weird sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post

I bought a couple of books and an 8BitDo controller.

The Game Console has images of consoles from every generation up to the present. It's hardback and the paper is top quality. It's a very thick book with lots of content to savour. I'd say it's a must-have for anyone interested in the history of gaming. Cost me 13 new from Amazon.

The guide to developer Treasure is what you'd expect from Hardcore Gaming101 -- it has a nice cover, just about reasonable quality paper, and is quite enjoyable to read through. I think fans of the dev will feel it's worth owning.

The wired controller from 8BitDo is based on the American SNES pad(it has two concave face buttons) with the additional benefit of analogue sticks(they work perfectly). It feels really good to use -- the D-pad is excellent and the buttons feel firm and responsive. Top quality in all areas.
    Wow thanks just got the book via Amazone Prime myself

I saw this on demo discs back in the day and always thought it looked cool in a weird sort of way.
    It's a quirky, funny little game. A bit clunky, but enjoyable once you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Wow thanks just got the book via Amazone Prime myself
    It's great how the author managed to cram so many machines into the book. It really is excellent.