Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    It's similar to Thunder Force V and Einhander. A reasonably nice shoot 'em up.
    I was surprised just how cool it is despite it been one of the budget games, it's more bullet hell than any of the shooters i have in my collection so far although i know there some for the PS1 but yet to have them in my collection. Started watching on youtube for the first few levels but then closed the window as i don't want to see it all completed before it even turns up hehe. Weird how random games keep finding their way to me, not the first time youtube has ended up with me buying a game.

Comment

I remember the Spectrum port of Gradius was decent, had a different larger cardboard box and was called Nemesis.

Comment

Hehe no way, gradius made it to speccy? i wanna go see what thats like, off to youtube i go. Rtype ended up suprisingly fun on spectrum.

Comment

It's similar to Thunder Force V and Einhander. A reasonably nice shoot 'em up.
          Ah, I have that one too. You can clearly see which games the designers were influenced by

Comment

They call me Mr. Interactive part IV

So are we gonna call Xplora 1 a videogame, it does have some mini games like peicing Peter Gabriel's face together Robocop style, im a massive fan this packs in loads of content, was surprised for early an multimedia title.

My 3DO still hasn't arrived on slow boat but enjoying getting these EA double jewel case releases, a mini set could be in the works.

Comment

One of those games is great. The other is Xplora 1. Still fair play to Mr. Gabriel for always being at the forefront of technology.

Comment

I’m digging the multimedia action. What else have you got planned for purchase? What are prices like on this sort of software versus SFC/MD/PCE?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  I’m digging the multimedia action. What else have you got planned for purchase? What are prices like on this sort of software versus SFC/MD/PCE?
                  Cdi stuff is cheap apart from the Nintendo licensed titles but tbh they aren't very interesting, on CDi you want bad actors and bad CGI. There are some "adult" multimedia titles in £20-30 range but evrythine else is quids! That Peter Gabriel one seems new and was £7. After anything like this or anything with FMV sequences.

3DO on the other hand has turned into same black hole of prices as everything else.

Comment

Never owned a CDi but always coveted a 220, much like I always wanted a CD-TV.

3DO o the other hand, yeah it might have been a stop gap between generations, but no matter how much ****e software was on it there was a load of gems. Need For Speed was one of them, enjoy Basels!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Hehe no way, gradius made it to speccy? i wanna go see what thats like, off to youtube i go. Rtype ended up suprisingly fun on spectrum.
                      Speccy Gradius bad; Speccy R-Type good.

The R-Type port felt so special back in the day.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      They call me Mr. Interactive part IV
                      My 3DO still hasn't arrived on slow boat but enjoying getting these EA double jewel case releases, a mini set could be in the works.
                      3DO Need for Speed is a strange one. It feels slow and clunky, but there's something about the physics and vibe of the game that always hooks me in. Road Rash is easily my favourite 3DO racer, but NFS sits nicely in second place.

Comment

I played it so long ago, I looked now and Gradius on spectrum isn't all that. I wonder who programmed it, R-type even has a book on it came a few years later.

I was very young and would buy games based on screens in magazines. I had only seen a couple arcade games then, but within a year saw loads and used to be very disappointed in 8bit computers. Original games for them were still fun, though.

Comment

Speccy Gradius bad; Speccy R-Type good.

The R-Type port felt so special back in the day.

3DO Need for Speed is a strange one. It feels slow and clunky, but there's something about the physics and vibe of the game that always hooks me in. Road Rash is easily my favourite 3DO racer, but NFS sits nicely in second place.
                          Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                          I played it so long ago, I looked now and Gradius on spectrum isn't all that. I wonder who programmed it, R-type even has a book on it came a few years later.

I was very young and would buy games based on screens in magazines. I had only seen a couple arcade games then, but within a year saw loads and used to be very disappointed in 8bit computers. Original games for them were still fun, though.
                          Still have Speccy R-Type

It was freaking marvelous & one of my favourite titles

I did think I had Nemesis as well but turns out what I remembered as Nemesis is actually Salamander

Neil

Comment

I had that compilation in the bottom! Quite a lot of UK art was based on films and other media. I know consoles did too but it was interesting spotting that as a kid.

Oh and there's Game Over in the top left, the nipple game.

Comment

First package of games arrived from play-asia containing Persona 4, Sub Rebellion, Virtua Quest, Puzzle Quest, Breath of Fire 5 and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Also got Silent Hill 1 from a fellow forumite which Ive been getting stuck into. Been quite an expensive month. Seems that PlayStation games have started to reach silly money now like Nintendo’s games, especially US versions. Prices for stuff like Klonoa, Suikoden, Castlevania, R-Types on the PS1, Resident Evils and any of the Atlus or Working Design games are crazy on ebay. Are they likely to come back down or is it likely they will just keep going up in value over time?

Comment

I sure as hell wish this stupid retro inflation bubble would just burst already but the prices of everything has been climbing & climbing for years and it doesn't seem to want to crash at all. I think now it's either just grit your teeth & cough up the cash before you end up paying even more, or just emulate.

Everything in the states that is retro has a target on it, pretty much everything has been covered on youtube 100 times over. Bargins are a rarity and if you do find one Americans tend to rape you on shipping costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X