No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a game though, one I always go back to.

Comment

It is but ive never matched the number to get an extra ball when you lose all your lifes ....its fixed lol

Comment

I managed to do it a couple of times, I don't think anyone's reactions are quick enough to get it every time. It's pure luck.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
          Todays arrival
          it's always been my favourite console pinball game since the early '90s. Such brilliant design.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
            Todays arrival , took a while to get here as it got lost in the mail but luckily found and delivered. Always liked it on the pc engine before I sold that years ago so I thought why not,

I don't care what the fanboys say.
            Devil Crash MD blows away the PC Engine version. It sounds way better, looks better and plays really well. I own both versions and always go with the Mega Drive release

Comment

Another really nice pick up. Love that game and the box art is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I don't care what the fanboys say.
                Devil Crash MD blows away the PC Engine version. It sounds way better, looks better and plays really well. I own both versions and always go with the Mega Drive release
                Yep, and it controls better too. The PC Engine was always a poor man's Mega Drive and we all know it

Comment

Shamefully, I've never played the MD version, but always understood the PCE one to be better. I may have to investigate further.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Shamefully, I've never played the MD version, but always understood the PCE one to be better. I may have to investigate further.
                    Yep, check them out side by side. They're both good but the MD has the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      The PC Engine was always a poor man's Mega Drive and we all know it
                      At least the "poor man" had some beautifully colourful graphics to savour. Some PCE games have a magical vibrancy that really impresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        At least the "poor man" had some beautifully colourful graphics to savour. Some PCE games have a magical vibrancy that really impresses.
                        The MD did everything better. I had my Snes for colours and sound and imo the MD was the king for shooters, even more so than the PC Eng

Comment

I guess it's one of those things I could never play MD Devils Crash over the PCE version. Mentally for me it's a PCE game that had a Megadrive version squirrelled out at some point

I would refute that the Megadrive has better shooters than PCE...I would concede that when a shooter is on both, MD version is often better. Maybe.
                          Last edited by Baseley09; 06-10-2020, 12:53.

Comment

I like both the PcE and MD as consoles but the MD Devil Crash is infinitely better, the redone music is no joke. I used to see fans of the PcE version in comments moaning about the Megadrive music and I thought they needed a brain scan.

Comment

Can't say I've ever received a game in a box of cornflakes before. Inventive use of recycling I suppose.

I'm surprised there was any bubblewrap in there with the way it was bouncing around.

It did survive though!

Comment

Damn that’s some super flimsy cardboard, the postal gods were looking out for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X