Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Damn that’s some super flimsy cardboard, the postal gods were looking out for you.
    Seriously lmao.

Comment

Some items might be worth the premium crunchy nut delivery.

Someone posted me hardware in an envelope once.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
        I like both the PcE and MD as consoles but the MD Devil Crash is infinitely better, the redone music is no joke. I used to see fans of the PcE version in comments moaning about the Megadrive music and I thought they needed a brain scan.
        100% correct. Been in that exact argument myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          Can't say I've ever received a game in a box of cornflakes before. Inventive use of recycling I suppose.

I'm surprised there was any bubblewrap in there with the way it was bouncing around.

It did survive though!
          They should have just left the cornflakes in there, better protection plus free cornflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
            They should have just left the cornflakes in there, better protection plus free cornflakes.
            Would have been preferable

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              The MD did everything better. I had my Snes for colours and sound and imo the MD was the king for shooters, even more so than the PC Eng
              I'd definitely put the PCE in 3rd place behind the MD and SNES, but I'm really fond of the little wonder machine. The only bad point I can think of with the PCE, is the sound effects in shooters can be too weedy.

Can't say I've ever received a game in a box of cornflakes
              It used to be a free little toy when I was a kid.

Comment

Took the missus to a shopping centre tonight so she could pick up a new coat. While we were there, popped into Computer Exchange to see if there's anything amongst the picked through nonsense.

Got this for £2 as a gamble, not in too awful condition by their standards (after cleaning the box up). Also got a much rougher condition copy of the PS2 title "Maxxed Out Racing" as I'd misplaced the disc from my own copy. Just wanted the CD, which was in good nick. Rubbish game, but fascinating to me as a car nerd as it's a conversion of a Simple 2000 title based around the Zokusha subculture - people who buy cars, lower them to the ground and fit ridiculous organ-like exhaust pipes and drive around revving them and tooting their musical horns. It's worth the 50p I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  Rubbish game, but fascinating to me as a car nerd as it's a conversion of a Simple 2000 title based around the Zokusha subculture - people who buy cars, lower them to the ground and fit ridiculous organ-like exhaust pipes and drive around revving them and tooting their musical horns. It's worth the 50p I paid.
                  One thing that irritates me is the obnoxious drone of a 3-cylinder 1.3l Ford Fiesta with quad exhausts. There’s a guy local to me and I can always hear his f***cking car from the high street when I’m in my garden relaxing. The funny thing is the guy is way into his thirties... if only he could see himself!

Comment

OK, this Space Invaders release is brilliant. Best two quid I've paid in a while. Considering nowadays I can play Space Invaders on a Raspberry Pi for nowt, I need something for my money. They've more than paid me back with the ambience of the "invaders house", which is a grotty little dive complete with ambient sounds of a few machines going off at once. I just need a few ashtrays full of stinking tab ends and I'm there.

Comment

Ah, Wizards & Warriors... Not great, by any means, but I have fond memories of it. After absolutely loving Wizardry VII, I jumped on everything by D.W. Bradley but the transition to 3D graphics in the 2000s meant games such as this one, Dungeon Lords and -- to a lesser extent -- Wizardry VIII failed to match the highs of earlier CRPGs.

My copy is a US one which included a card for a sweepstakes where you could win a "16th-century suit of armor"!

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                        Ah, Wizards & Warriors... Not great, by any means, but I have fond memories of it. After absolutely loving Wizardry VII, I jumped on everything by D.W. Bradley but the transition to 3D graphics in the 2000s meant games such as this one, Dungeon Lords and -- to a lesser extent -- Wizardry VIII failed to match the highs of earlier CRPGs.

My copy is a US one which included a card for a sweepstakes where you could win a "16th-century suit of armor"!
                        You know its funny, I was all in on the isometric 2D RPGs at the time but these 3D RPGs completely passed me by. Same for Might & Magic VIII. I'm not sure why, your Baldurs Gates, Icewind Dales, Fallouts, Diablos and so on just had more appeal I guess. Perhaps it was a changing of the old guard.

I wonder if anyone ever won that armour set heh.

Comment

Golden Fighterrrr der dun dun du derr

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            Golden Fighterrrr

I know you're going to treasure it.

Comment

Treated myself to a modded spice orange Cube DOL001. Got a Xeno chip in and came with the disk and SD reader for running Swiss. Also got a Carby on the way for it.

Comment

That colour still makes me want to... what were Nintendo and you thinking...the purple indigo is always the colour I associate with Gamecube!

It makes the best video game console handbag! I am surprised that feature never became standardised!

I obtained ActRaiser 2 on the US SNES NTSC and now its going straight for auction...

For years I have wondered why the first R in Raiser is capitalised even though it is all one word!

100% Pure Action and Excitement Folks...wish the sequel had the strategy bits...
                                Last edited by CAPCOM; 12-10-2020, 18:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X