No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an Astro City Mini today. I was on the fence about it, thinking it was just another emulation mini but I thought what the hell. Turns out it's a fun little device and when plugged into my PC monitor and used as a clicky joystick it works surprisingly well. I went straight through Golden Axe on it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The built in screen is comically small and bizarrely in wide-screen (!!!) which makes it even smaller than it could be, but it's a novelty device I guess and isn't meant to be like something Analogue would make. Still, for the price it's one of the better minis I think, and the game selection is very solid. I just wish they'd included some more super scaler stuff.

Comment

Few bits from the forum:

Looking forward to trying the controller.

Comment

Picked up Tomb Raider for the Saturn. From what I've seen it looks subpar in comparison to the Playstation version but I wanted to give it a shot.
        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like HitThePlugs.

EDIT: Can't remember how to post images again. tragic.
        Last edited by jamesy; 02-01-2021, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Few bits from the forum:

Looking forward to trying the controller.
          Ah I have a couple of those pads the clear red and blue ones no idea where they are though haven’t seen them in years but they are in here somewhere lol.

Comment

Courtesy of Danstan here, been holding out on this one for a while until I could get a home version, dipped into the old jankey mame emulation in the past, love the music and the style.

Comment

Guess this counts as retro, bought the Aleste collection on the switch with the game gear micro. The game gear really is tiny and I doubt I will play it that much so Im kind of regretting getting that version. Coming from M2 the emulation is top notch and although theres no English language option its still easy enough to play.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                Picked up Tomb Raider for the Saturn. From what I've seen it looks subpar in comparison to the Playstation version but I wanted to give it a shot.
                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like HitThePlugs.

EDIT: Can't remember how to post images again. tragic.
                Its still a fine version of the game. In fact its the version that I played through to the end originally and although its not technically as polished as the PS1 version, its still the one I prefer

Comment

I've never beaten the original myself! Looking forward to giving it a good attempt. For some reason I'm always drawn to the Saturn ports of games such as Wipeout and its sequel which are objectively worse. I still prefer the PlayStation originals of Wipeout but the ports are nice for what they are.

Comment

The Saturn version runs like **** but I like the way it looks over the PSX version for some reason.
                    I remember hearing that the JP Sakatore version of Tomb Radio fixed the frame-rate and improved the graphics somewhat though...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Courtesy of Danstan here, been holding out on this one for a while until I could get a home version, dipped into the old jankey mame emulation in the past, love the music and the style.

Great game but the Saturn version suffers from the same resolution limitation which hit so many games. The arcade was 256 pixels wide which the Saturn doesn't support, so in this case Konami just runs the game squashed in the X axis. Better perhaps then the ugly nearest neighbour scaling they used in Symphony of the Night on Saturn.

Comment

Maybe, first world problems though right that being the case I don't know why Salamander 2 doesn't offer the stretch option that Salamnder and Life Force do on this disc.

Comment

Been waiting for this to come into stock thankfully got an order in before they all go as this time the print run is a fraction of the other replicade releases. Hopefully it gets here ok.

Comment

My nintendozone box turned up today but the seller messed up and forgot to put the wifi beacon cart back in the machine so he is sending that along separately but i didn't need that for me to use it. In pretty reasonable shape there are a few dirty scuffs on the casing but now i have cleaned all the dirt off it you can only see them if you angle it to the light & let's face it i'm not exactly finding hundreds of these out in the wild to choose from for a mint one LOOL the screen is nice & pristine.

Thankfully it powers on and actually works, the DS download station carts autoboot when you have them insterted so no buttons needed, good job as this DS doesn't have any lol.

The back of the unit, i obscured the serial and barcode in case nintendo ninjas come try & get it back, sorry nintendo it's mine now.

When a DS download cart is running you get a list of all the contents on the cart and how many times each demo has been downloaded, i'm guessing so reps can see what was the most popular with customers.

This is how it's supposed to stay, with the cover up the screen is protected & you can see the power & wifi lights to make sure it's working ok.

The downloads behave fine just as they would have done if you had been in a games store to get a demo
                            Last edited by importaku; 06-01-2021, 13:00.

Comment

Everyone round to yours for a DS demo party!

Comment

Not a new purchase, but set up the N64 which has been boxed for ages in the loft. Sadly it's resetting. First every few minutes and then every few seconds.
                                All games, so presumably the machine

Comment

Working...
                                X