No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maken X, pure 6/10 awesomeness! I remember having a JP DC set up back in the day, must be about 2001ish with Virtua Striker 2 and a couple of arcade sticks. The DC was hooked up to my Sony KV-21LS30U and it was JUST LIKE THE ARCADE! By that, I mean it was a rather shallow experience that was fun for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
      Picked this up from ebay recently. Stunning conversion and the box art is stunning.

Have you seen the romhack that's been done that cuts out the 'loading' times and replaces the OST with the original arcade one?

Comment

Yeah it's interesting that the sound is what caused the excessive loading times in that version.

Here's the MVG video:

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
          Have you seen the romhack that's been done that cuts out the 'loading' times and replaces the OST with the original arcade one?
          Ooh, sounds like a cool hack. I'm guessing it's a msu hack if it is using the Arcade music.

Comment

Another day, another DC game with giant proprietary peripheral.

Now to figure out if I like the game enough to warrant buying another for multiplayer

Bonus pic of setting up shop in my sharehouse's theatre room:

Comment

Awesome [MENTION=16165]danstan21[/MENTION] ... brings back memories that does (looks minty too). I was never never hardcore enough to be any good at it but it was still fun with a group of mates.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                As luck would have it, the guy that sold me the system with the loose cart ended up sending me a message a bit later on to say that he'd found the box and manual for it, and if I didn't mind covering postage, he'd get it sent out! It's arrived with me now, so if your buddy's interested then I'm happy to pass on my spare and complete his copy too.
                He sold the cart when he was skint.

Oh well, thanks so much for the offer though.

Comment

With the recent AGS-101 get and the Analogue Pocket coming soon I figured I'd pick up a few games I intend to play on GB soon.

Comment

Nice, very nice - but won’t Mario Golf and Pokemon be a bit tricky in Japanese?

Also, what is the white cart?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Nice, very nice - but won’t Mario Golf and Pokemon be a bit tricky in Japanese?

Also, what is the white cart?
                      Crystal won't, just because I know the game so well. I kinda only got that one because I already have Japanese Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver. As for Mario Golf + Tennis I kinda got those just to try them out with the N64 Transfer Pak functionality. The white cart is Tamagotchi.

Comment

The result of late night ebaying after work ,

Comment

Got the MiSTer set up last night. ****ing hell, the picture quality compared to even my 1-CHIP-01 with RGC Packapunch is like night and day.

I'm sure it feels quite a bit more responsive, too. I'm jumping frames early on SMW and had to adjust over several minutes.

Like when doubling your money with crypto over a day or two there's something about this that just feels wrong. It's so good it feels naughty. I was almost crying with joy at Final Fight. I've never been able to emulate it at a satisfactory level, but now here it is in blazing reference quality RGB while being utterly responsive AF.

My setup is now /\/\iN0r4L. The only eyesore being controller leads, so very tempted to go 2.4GHz to counter that, especially considering I seem to have some input latency overhead.

Pics later, busy AF today.

Comment

That'll be the NGPC collection rounded out for now, I think.

Devil Crash given you've all got me spooked about the PCE version being inferior, and IIDX Empress as the Konamistyle version is pretty much the only bit of home Beatmania bits I don't have. Zero 3 for Matching Service is one I wish I'd have picked up years ago when it was a lot cheaper. Ho hum.

Comment

I hear Giftpia is a neat game. Made by the same people who did Chibi Robo right? I've been meaning to get round to playing it myself one of these days...

Comment

That copy of Empress must have set you back! Gutted I let my regular copy go, even that is pricey now.

Comment

Working...
                                X