Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
    I hear Giftpia is a neat game. Made by the same people who did Chibi Robo right? I've been meaning to get round to playing it myself one of these days...
    Yeah there’s a lot of talk of Onion Games / Kimura bringing all of these games back, particularly given how Moon’s been received lately.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    That copy of Empress must have set you back! Gutted I let my regular copy go, even that is pricey now.
    It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting! Less than Zero 3 for Matching Service, comparatively...

Comment

Devil Crash MD is just much, much better for the soundtrack alone and then you have the bonus stages looking so much better.

I thought Alpha / zero on DC was slagged off on here for altering the hit boxes?

Also I dunno how you guys keep collecting non stop it must add up to a small fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        That'll be the NGPC collection rounded out for now, I think.

Devil Crash given you've all got me spooked about the PCE version being inferior, and IIDX Empress as the Konamistyle version is pretty much the only bit of home Beatmania bits I don't have. Zero 3 for Matching Service is one I wish I'd have picked up years ago when it was a lot cheaper. Ho hum.

Some great pickups fuse, it always makes me happy to see Skips game been bought i miss them releasing stuff, sadly their stuff is too niche for mainstream success. Hell even chibo robo was done a dirty by Nintendo and left to die they didn't even bother to release the gamecube sequel on the ds. In a grant a wish scenario i'd love for nintendo to take the gamecube original and the big rich osouji sequel on ds and make them a double pack for the switch but totally revamp the graphics of both to make them look current gen. As for Giftpia that one is a classic, it's very weird but Nanashi island is so fun to explore. I enjoyed the game mechanic on been allowed to stay out later and later so you could explore more past your bedtime, hmm wonder if charles still has my translated guide up? When i got my orange cube last year that was one of the games i replayed found it just as charming as ever, the soundtrack is very odd when astro comes over the radio station i stop everything to listen it's the best track in the game.

Comment

Local unmissable pick up as this one came with a Philips FSQ Vision CRT which is cute as he'll, 17" and works swell. Great nick modded PS1, with the pads, the mouse barely used of course heh, and a few pal fillers. Actually been on the look out as my Infinity PS2 refuses to play ntsc-j Ridge Revolution, tried a few discs, no problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            Local unmissable pick up as this one came with a Philips FSQ Vision CRT which is cute as he'll, 17" and works swell. Great nick modded PS1, with the pads, the mouse barely used of course heh, and a few pal fillers. Actually been on the look out as my Infinity PS2 refuses to play ntsc-j Ridge Revolution, tried a few discs, no problem here.

That's a dream haul. I don't indulge in any retro these days but a PlayStation + CRT + Ridge is a beautiful thing. Love it.

Comment

It's a tough combo to beat, sweet pickup! Been using my PlayStation a ton since I got the XStation, brilliant solution.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                It's a tough combo to beat, sweet pickup! Been using my PlayStation a ton since I got the XStation, brilliant solution.
                That xstation does look great. Despite having loads of crts and a ps2, having this dedicated PSOne set up has completely reinvigorated my love for the system strange that.

Comment

I've never liked using the PS2 to play PlayStation games. Partly due to fan noise and partly because I like the experience of using the correct hardware. Having no laser makes the system silent too which is always nice!

Comment

Couple of beauts and a couple of aliexpress esque repros. The fakes are just not quite the ticket, props for great manuals but the cases are ever so slightly narrower on the spine and the film holding the insert is glossy as hell. For the real ones though Jesus that Wardner artwork 0_o wow.

Last edited by Baseley09; 23-03-2021, 10:08.

Comment

Couple of beauts and a couple of aliexpress esque repros. The fakes are just not quite the ticket, props for great manuals but the cases are ever so slightly narrower on the spine and the film holding the insert is glossy as hell. For the real ones though Jesus that Wardner artwork 0_o wow.

Might have to get a repro of steal Empire. The original over here is crazy money. Which seller did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Might have to get a repro of steal Empire. The original over here is crazy money. Which seller did you use?
                        You might be in luck considering where you are, got them off this guy seems to have multiples of late

Or they are about £12 on aliexpress

Comment

You might be in luck considering where you are, got them off this guy seems to have multiples of late

Or they are about £12 on aliexpress
                          Cheers man. I'll keep an eye on that seller. He only has pengo at the moment.

Comment

Yeah that steel empire colouring on the front cover looks way off

I remember I had a brand new copy of it on release - fantastic game

Comment

The first batch of PS1 mem card pro's have shipped, mine turned up today. Will read the manual online later on how to fully use all it's functions but had a quick look at in at least. It feels really well made buttons press really nicely too, then again it's kind of to be expected seeing as it was £60. There are several ways you can backup your data but i think i'm going to get my stack of memory cards and shuffle them around copying the saves over so i can fill a page on the new card in some form of order like having all the DDR saves on one page and pop'n on another as i have a ton of saves with a lot of stuff unlocked i want it backed up to my pc safely. Seems you can swap pages on the fly while it's plugged in. Will never have to buy another card again from the looks of things, especially useful as quite a few of my pocketstation games need pretty much a full card to put the games on and the problem been once you have played them for a while any extra data you saved while playing will be lost when you want to put another pocketstation game on it so i can move these pocketstation game saves over to the pro card and back them up then i can just restore and continue from where i left off by transferring the save file back onto the pocketstation.

It's kind of extravagant getting a card like this but my PS1 collection is totally worth it, does kind of look like it has a pair of saggy tits though on the front of the memory card

Comment

I placed an order for a smoke one immediately when the second preorder round started. The XStation integration is nothing short of brilliant. Seriously can't wait to never have to think about memory cards again.

Comment

Working...
                                X