Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
    Is that all from Yahoo auctions? Lovely selection of stuff. I never got my hands on zero 3 upper, but I love zero 3, I got that years ago.
    This place got linked elsewhere on the forum recently and most of it is from there - I've only ever used Y!J in the past when I've been able to lean on friends to do the bidding for me - linking it up with Tenso and become fully self-sufficient feels like a dangerous taboo to break

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      This place got linked elsewhere on the forum recently and most of it is from there - I've only ever used Y!J in the past when I've been able to lean on friends to do the bidding for me - linking it up with Tenso and become fully self-sufficient feels like a dangerous taboo to break
      Ah yeah I know the place, I used to buy from him years ago back when arcade games were a far more reasonable price! YAJ can be dangerous, the fees can mount up far too quickly

Comment

Some more things, some of which were too bargain-tastic to overlook.

Would love some free time to get to playing some of them anytime soon...

Comment

Really nice stuff.

Confidential Mission was bags of fun.

Haven't thought about Chulip in a long time...that seems to rarely get mentioned these days. I've never played it but heard good things.

Comment

Addiction has no end. First time I've got my grubby mits on a Sony Pro monitor, this one is a 1442QM 130 squids local pick from FB marketplace, my eyes popped out of my head. Nit pick with this model, needs an external sound solution when using RGB inputs, has a mono speaker for when in composite/svideo.
            Last edited by Baseley09; 05-07-2021, 20:46.

Comment

Feel free to pass me one of your cast offs, my poor jp ps1 has to make do with a shoddy scaler as i try in vain to get hold of a ps1 hdmi digital board or one of those retrotink 5x pros with instant res switching

Comment

That's really not a bad price these days. Do like 14", I think that's the perfect size.

Comment

Yeah I thought for the money I wouldn't even much the guy around with an offer, older nice chap in the camera business been using with an old power pc mac and a black magic videocard for watching edited video output

Comment

Interesting, I've got a pair of 1440QM's and they have mono sound inputs over RGB. Composite video even looks great on them though, slightly blurry, but comparable to RGB on some of my cheap consumer sets. I love my PVMs.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                      Interesting, I've got a pair of 1440QM's and they have mono sound inputs over RGB. Composite video even looks great on them though, slightly blurry, but comparable to RGB on some of my cheap consumer sets. I love my PVMs.
                      Yeah did note that about some models having sound for RGB, got the PCE running over composite for the min and tbh it's pretty nice no complaints!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Addiction has no end. First time I've got my grubby mits on a Sony Pro monitor, this one is a 1442QM 130 squids local pick from FB marketplace, my eyes popped out of my head. Nit pick with this model, needs an external sound solution when using RGB inputs, has a mono speaker for when in composite/svideo.
                        Excellent.

The first thing you should do is open it up (easy peasy) and clean out all the dust - especially the build up around and under the tube (highly satisfying), and check for any swollen caps.

And then, yeah, get some speakers and say goodbye to compo****e.

Comment

Got Ikaruga and an ASCII pad to play it. Still can't get past stage 2 on a single credit, but maybe this will be the motivation to git gud...

There's nice QoL stuff that comes with a straight arcade ROM slapped on a disc - like being able to store default game settings so you don't need to choose a difficulty and mode each time you start the game. For most games this would be negligible, but since this requires you to restart so much it's a welcome addition.

As a side note, I always thought it was weird in the Switch HD port (and from what I understand, all other ports from 360 onwards) that there's no "retry" option in practice mode, given how much the game encourages route memorization. I chalked it up to not interfering with the source code; it turns out the DC original did have that option, and for whatever reason it was removed.
                          Last edited by danstan21; 15-07-2021, 06:58.

Comment

Been trying to find a PS2 pad in town for the last few days and weirdly they've all disappeared except some grim third-party ones. I was about to order one when I just found an original fat PS2 with pad, two memory cards and the cables for £35 in a charity shop. Pretty good condition bar a little scuff on top.

Reckon I'll keep the pad and memory cards, then put the rest on eBay with a cheapo third-party pad and some of the junk games I've got from old job-lots etc. Should get most of my money back!
                            Last edited by Hirst; 15-07-2021, 12:05.

Comment

Been wanting this for a while. Next is Dual Strike.

Comment

I feel like that 2,800 yen label on the obi is just there to taunt me

Comment

Working...
                                X