Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, £51 in fees. Scumbags.

It is a fairly pricey outlay but it's taken a bunch of the hassle out of playing games so it's well worth it for me. I was putting off playing PS2 games because since the OSSC didn't handle the resolution switching nicely. Also, due to me buying my TV before I went down this rabbit hole, I never checked what resolutions it supported and it needed a lot of fiddling with the OSSC to get even suboptimal results. I could only line double PS1 games without them being cropped and the PS2 just used passthrough. The RetroTink needed a few button presses to select the right output res and then the screen position but then after that, it has been perfect. My goal is to make playing any game I want possible at a moment's notice and this is doing the job nicely.

Comment

Some new bits for me, particularly delighted to finally get this version of Symphony.

Comment

Love that last one. I've never played "Action Game" before; is it any good?

Comment

You got a CRT setup? Jealous, I want to get lightgun games so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Love that last one. I've never played "Action Game" before; is it any good?
            I'll action game you, buster!

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            You got a CRT setup? Jealous, I want to get lightgun games so bad.
            Nah, not currently, just not practical in the space I've got. Not ruling it out for future, but still wanted these anyway - the Gunvari collection was the aim and the other two as a set just seemed like a nice bonus.

Comment

My copy of Shadow Hearts 1 on US PS2 arrived… was £110 on eBay and I got lucky that I got it as someone else bid the same amount, just I put my max bid as that first.

It rarely crops up, and goes for a lot when it does- probably from the poor PAL conversion and the fact they’re in rights hell and probably never getting rereleased.

The listing said it was “immaculate” and god damn, it really is. I’ve never seen a PS2 game so mint second hand before, it’s like it was taken from the factory cellophane and put in a metal box for 20 years.

So chuffed with it, even if it was a lot. Also because I finally completed my US collection of Shadow Hearts games- 1-3 on PS2 and USPS1 Koudelka

Comment

I've wanted to buy Shadow Hearts for a while and was going to go PAL for convenience but I'm glad you said that version was bad. Would have bought it without thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Some new bits for me, particularly delighted to finally get this version of Symphony.

I love the box art on both Gun Survivor games. I'd really love to have all of those and a lightgun setup.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    I've wanted to buy Shadow Hearts for a while and was going to go PAL for convenience but I'm glad you said that version was bad. Would have bought it without thinking.
                    I mean, it’s bad in the usual PAL way of bordered 50hz, but it’s not unplayable- especially considering it’s essentially an upscaled late gen PS1 JRPG. The PAL version is cheaper and still worth playing..!!

Comment

My orange cube controller has a busted C stick. Looking on ebay UK and a new one is about £40 which is what I paid for this broken one a while back and not very happy about. So I went on Yahoo Auctions and bought a lot of 4 controllers. I'm going to find the one that works best then sell off the others. I have a total of 7 cube controllers now so maybe I'll be able to do some shell swaps and get a set of four orange controllers for all the multiplayer games I don't play.

Comment

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on th sales forum!

Comment

Oooh, very nice.

I wish they had made a spice Wavebird

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Oooh, very nice.

I wish they had made a spice Wavebird
                            I want to say they did. Its just very rare. May be mistaken.
                            Last edited by speedlolita; 10-12-2021, 21:55.

Comment

[MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]

Googling reveals some spice coloured knockoff Wavebirds but I can't find any evidence of an official one (at least in 5 seconds of GIS research).

However I did see this which is friggin awesome:

Gundam Wavebird! Did not know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]

Googling reveals some spice coloured knockoff Wavebirds but I can't find any evidence of an official one (at least in 5 seconds of GIS research).

However I did see this which is friggin awesome:

Gundam Wavebird! Did not know about that.
                                It was a lottery prize from club nintendo that one, can't remember the issued amount but it was something like 1000 or 2000 could be more it's been a long time since the contest. Only other limited wavebird colour that was officially released besides the silver ones & the original grey was the half blue & half white club nintendo branded one that one you could buy with points.

Man i miss the proper club nintendo so bad they released some amazing stuff. all mine is now carefully boxed up in storage.
                                Last edited by importaku; 10-12-2021, 13:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X