No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. Really like that blue and white Wavebird.

Comment

It was the most expensive thing club nintendo ever sold it cost 1000 points with full price gamecube games only having roughly 30 points per code slip you can see just how many games you'd need to buy to get one. Suffice to say back then i was keeping them more than supported with purchases lol.

Comment

Had a quick blast on Fighters History already, which seems neat! Back when I actually had a SNES, limited budget meant that you had to be very selective about how many fighters you could play, and pretty much everyone going would steer you straight down the middle of the road with your Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats. It's funny to come back and find out that while not perfect, these were actually pretty fun in their own right.

Not generally a fan of retro-bit's work, but was willing to give them a shot for Undercover Cops given how daft the resale market is for the original.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Had a quick blast on Fighters History already, which seems neat! Back when I actually had a SNES, limited budget meant that you had to be very selective about how many fighters you could play, and pretty much everyone going would steer you straight down the middle of the road with your Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats. It's funny to come back and find out that while not perfect, these were actually pretty fun in their own right.

Not generally a fan of retro-bit's work, but was willing to give them a shot for Undercover Cops given how daft the resale market is for the original.
          There are some fun fighters on the SNES. Gundam Endless Duel is really impressive with huge sprites and great graphics, Dragonball Z Hyper Dimension was the pinnacle of the DBZ series from the 16-but era and looked great for its time with some nice Mode 7 effects, Ranma 1/2 Chougi Rambuhen is the best of the much-maligned series of fighters and is actually pretty decent, not to mention whacky.

I get what you mean totally and only started exploring other fighters in the naughties. Back then it was all about World Warrior (later Turbo) and MKII. In fact between those two titles, SMK and NBA Jam that’s all we would play round my SNES owning mate’s house. Great days!!

I never knew Retro-Bit had a reputation with their re-releases but the R-Type Collectors’ Edition I got recently was fantastic quality.
          Last edited by samanosuke; 10-12-2021, 18:42.

Comment

Once you pop n all that. The cooler of the Thunder games.

Comment

Never ends might have to relax after the next thing arrives

Boy is this one under appreciated, at first glance doesn't look like much but has some beautiful moments and the soundtrack is excellent. If you've tried in the past and passed over it, try again. Is on one of the taito legends if I recall.

Comment

Totally agree with Baseley that’s one fine game.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Never ends might have to relax after the next thing arrives

Boy is this one under appreciated, at first glance doesn't look like much but has some beautiful moments and the soundtrack is excellent. If you've tried in the past and passed over it, try again. Is on one of the taito legends if I recall.

That's a fantastic release. I've got all the Arcade Gears on Saturn with that being my favourite one. Great soundtrack too!

Comment

My EverDrive GBA X5 just turned up.

I don't know why I got it, I only ever play F-Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Oooh, very nice.

I wish they had made a spice Wavebird

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      I want to say they did. Its just very rare. May be mistaken.
                      I was under impression Wavebird was only in grey correct me if I’m wrong. Mine is grey and got it at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]

Googling reveals some spice coloured knockoff Wavebirds but I can't find any evidence of an official one (at least in 5 seconds of GIS research).

However I did see this which is friggin awesome:

Gundam Wavebird! Did not know about that.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        It was a lottery prize from club nintendo that one, can't remember the issued amount but it was something like 1000 or 2000 could be more it's been a long time since the contest. Only other limited wavebird colour that was officially released besides the silver ones & the original grey was the half blue & half white club nintendo branded one that one you could buy with points.

Man i miss the proper club nintendo so bad they released some amazing stuff. all mine is now carefully boxed up in storage.
                        Interesting to see wonder if any other Ltd colours about.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                          I was under impression Wavebird was only in grey correct me if I’m wrong. Mine is grey and got it at launch.
                          Grey and platinum seem to be the two common colours certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            My EverDrive GBA X5 just turned up.

I don't know why I got it, I only ever play F-Zero.
                            Where's the best place to order one of these from?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                              Where's the best place to order one of these from?
                              Retro towers is a good start.

Comment

If you want to pay way too much. I would suggest everdrive.me.

Comment

Working...
                                X