No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PCB train keeps a' rollin'. Got Violent Storm (best music ever) + Caius sound module repro, Final Fight and Sunset Riders all from me ol' pal @Zaki ​ - massive thanks buddy.

3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Wow, nice picks peeps

Comment

Some great buys there and a few heavy hitters too. Nice!

Comment

Lovely hauls, the pair of you… you… hakusho.

Comment

I know I keep banging on about it, but having recently received issue 2 of Sega Powered I have to say to everyone here, you must try it! There is something surreal about reading a full page advert for a new Dreamcast game in a brand new printed magazine covering the likes of the Megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast.

It manages to cross the dichotomy of being relevant in the here and now yet evokes nostalgia by hankering to a time gone by.

Comment

Wow!!

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] clearly snapped!! What a haul...but no surprise, I mean...y'all need to see his games collection in the flesh!!

Comment

I love that Hippa Linda cover! I think I have both a PAL (Freak Out) and an NTSC (Stretch Panic) copy of the game and both have uninspired, if not ugly, covers.

Comment

Thought it might be a laugh to show things in the state these were bought in before they get destickered and cleaned up properly, having found a bag that I'd completely forgotten about and combined it to a couple bought today. Also I want to have my dinner.

The vast majority of these are ones my missus wanted, other than the Sega Bass Fishing that I've been trying to find for absolutely ages in nice condition. It's unbelievable how many copies I must have seen by now that were in a poor state, maybe 30 or so? Are they all owned by filthy fishermen or something? You'd find it easier to get a clean copy of FIFA. Seriously, go look at it in the shops. It's like they've all been stored in a puddle full of grit. It's taken ages!

Eagle-eyed viewers might also think "hang on, didn't he get that Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII from a charity shop a while back?" Yes I did - but I had some Cex voucher to use up and astoundingly after my great fortune in finding a mint one at a charity shop, an identical mint one turned up today. Somewhat inexplicably (and this is a situation I've turned to my advantage a few times now) it's one of those games where they don't differentiate between standard or fancy tin case edition. Being that the tin case one goes for about £20-25 more than I paid, I'll just stick it up for sale and turn that into more game spending money.

The Malgrave Incident is replacement case fodder from a charity shop for 99p, but speaking of cases I've just noticed (or forgotten when looking initially) that Valkyria Chronicles has an incorrect later-type PS3 case so I've got that to sort out now. Rest of it is mint so it's a trip back tomorrow to locate a copy of FIFA/PES/COD/Assassins Creed/whatever else is a quid or less with the Spiderman font box.

Feel like we're getting to the end of buying interesting-looking Wii games now, which in some ways is a relief but it's been interesting. Still some left to find though including a few more pricey ones (which I'll probably get off the Internet - I've either seen them in scruffy/incomplete nick or not seen at all), but it's been refreshing to look at a system where so much of it is cheap and readily available. It reminds me of the days when I was buying Mega Drive games at the point where it was yesterdays news. It's been refreshing and nostalgic at the same time!
                  Last edited by Hirst; 20-03-2022, 21:07.

Comment

Latest stuff turned up today so finally have my eagerly awaited copy of kyoufu shinbun. The obi was stuck to the case by whoever owned it, the absolute maniac had glued it with 4 dots of superglue of all things the plastic on the case is melted underneath so will need a replacement case at some point but thankfully the obi came off without damage to the outer side so i'm really happy. The disk is mint as is the manual and stickers really glad i found one in this condition as i couldn't even find a decent copy of it on ebay let alone one with the stickers and obi.

It tore a thin inner layer of the paper on the obi but it's fine.

Look how fresh this is inside it's like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      Thought it might be a laugh to show things in the state these were bought in before they get destickered and cleaned up properly, having found a bag that I'd completely forgotten about and combined it to a couple bought today. Also I want to have my dinner.

The vast majority of these are ones my missus wanted, other than the Sega Bass Fishing that I've been trying to find for absolutely ages in nice condition. It's unbelievable how many copies I must have seen by now that were in a poor state, maybe 30 or so? Are they all owned by filthy fishermen or something? You'd find it easier to get a clean copy of FIFA. Seriously, go look at it in the shops. It's like they've all been stored in a puddle full of grit. It's taken ages!

Eagle-eyed viewers might also think "hang on, didn't he get that Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII from a charity shop a while back?" Yes I did - but I had some Cex voucher to use up and astoundingly after my great fortune in finding a mint one at a charity shop, an identical mint one turned up today. Somewhat inexplicably (and this is a situation I've turned to my advantage a few times now) it's one of those games where they don't differentiate between standard or fancy tin case edition. Being that the tin case one goes for about £20-25 more than I paid, I'll just stick it up for sale and turn that into more game spending money.

The Malgrave Incident is replacement case fodder from a charity shop for 99p, but speaking of cases I've just noticed (or forgotten when looking initially) that Valkyria Chronicles has an incorrect later-type PS3 case so I've got that to sort out now. Rest of it is mint so it's a trip back tomorrow to locate a copy of FIFA/PES/COD/Assassins Creed/whatever else is a quid or less with the Spiderman font box.

Feel like we're getting to the end of buying interesting-looking Wii games now, which in some ways is a relief but it's been interesting. Still some left to find though including a few more pricey ones (which I'll probably get off the Internet - I've either seen them in scruffy/incomplete nick or not seen at all), but it's been refreshing to look at a system where so much of it is cheap and readily available. It reminds me of the days when I was buying Mega Drive games at the point where it was yesterdays news. It's been refreshing and nostalgic at the same time!
                      That's the correct case for Valkyria Chronicles, I've got a sealed one in front of me here that says Blu-ray Disc on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                        That's the correct case for Valkyria Chronicles, I've got a sealed one in front of me here that says Blu-ray Disc on the right.
                        That's weird! I've just double-checked and found sealed examples on eBay of both types. Wonder if it's a weird crossover or production date thing? Saves me a job either way, this one is staying as it is!

Comment

My sealed copy is a later print. I guess they changed the boxes but left the artwork the same for later prints.

Edit: It's the same on Katamari Forever and Disgaea 3. Maybe there was a short period of cross over or something?
                          Last edited by phillv85; 22-03-2022, 13:34.

Comment

Went to a different town for once - not a great deal out there but did tick a couple off the list.

City Crisis (PS2): I've been looking for a tidy copy of this for ages, it's not an expensive game at all (it was 50p in fact) but it's one of those games where since it's been so cheap for so long it isn't easy to find one that isn't knackered. Helicopter simulation by Syscom who made that Xtreme Express I bought some weeks back. It got mixed reviews but it's the kind of quirky game I like.
                            Mystic Heroes (PS2): I'd literally never heard of this before tonight, but I saw the Koei logo and thought I might as well. Seems to be more well-known on the Gamecube, basically it's the Dynasty Warriors formula albeit a lot more simplified. For a fiver, sure! Let's see what this is all about.
                            Crackdown (Xbox 360): Another one I was actually on the lookout for, back in the day I played the demo of this and really enjoyed it but around then I think I was having major problems with my job and fell out of gaming for a while and missed the boat. Getting this was on my to-do list. Weirdly the sequel is a fair bit easier to obtain, but I wanted the original first. Eventually found this nice copy. Very interesting GTA-style game (by the original creator of GTA actually) which seems to actually borrow a lot from GTA2 - gang systems and the weird Judge Dredd style near future world. One of the key points is that you have more-or-less the freedom to do what you like and can immediately go for the end bosses with barely any story to speak of. Sure! Great!
                            Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Xbox 360): Somewhat unbelievably, this was bought by my missus. I can't remember whether it was a lucky charity shop find or the result of a miscommunication where I suggested that if Virtua Fighter might be too difficult, maybe try Dead or Alive. In any case, we all know what this is and we've probably all had it.
                            Super Mario Maker (Wii U): Not really retro but thought I'd stick it on the photo anyway. This was priced up as a standard version but it's the big box with the hardback book. On top of that, it's immaculate. And only £6! Great deal, wasn't going to be leaving without that one.
                            Genji: Days of The Blade (PS3): I got this one put into my hands when I was buying something else but it sounded interesting and for £1.50 sure whatever, it's even Game of The Year for artistic design so that's something. I didn't notice at the time but something niggled me in the back of my head - this is that game that spawned the "giant enemy crabs" thing at that old E3. I didn't have a PS3 until a fair way through (mine is a Slim) so a lot of this early stuff I completely missed out on. Curious as to whether there's actually a good game behind the jokes, perhaps it could even a hidden gem and end up in some dork's clickbait video.

Comment

Good gets.

Crackdown felt revolutionary in 2006. It’s probably an interesting game to play today if it’s new to you, but not one I’d personally go back to. Collecting the orbs that enhanced your agility was the real highlight.

£6 for the full set of Mario Maker is an excellent deal.

Comment

I have been meaning to pick up Xtreme 2 again. Doesn't seem too unbelievable that your missus bought it though, my partner is also partial to large breasted women.

Have noticed that certain games such as Onechanbara, Rumble Roses XX and the aforementioned are way about the fiver that I used to pay. I guess other people recognised their worth.

My recent pickup was a very clean copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Loved NG on Xbox but never really played this enhanced port. Not sure if I go NG2 for 360 or Sigma 2 for PS3 next though, probably Sigma 2.

Last edited by speedlolita; 24-03-2022, 07:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X