Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
    There's a mild redesign in 2011 when it becomes the "101" model and affects all of them from then on. The GC controller and memory ports are removed along with any support for the discs. Also they delete the vertical stand for some reason.
    Wow, I never knew that. I use my Wii mostly exclusively for Game Cube gaming. I can't stand the Wii remote at all.

Comment

Well this will be my Sunday at the shop sorted, we're always pretty quiet today, so what better time to blast some bugs! Case needs replacing as the lugs are broken and the sleeve's a bit rough, but otherwise a really tidy copy.

Comment

One more to go.

Comment

Very nice. I only played one of those Devil Survivor games but found it hard as balls. Didn't get too far with it. I'm not great at SRPGs anyway (although I do like them), and it was definitely on the tougher side.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Wow, I never knew that. I use my Wii mostly exclusively for Game Cube gaming. I can't stand the Wii remote at all.
            I wish they'd used a normal controller to be honest, but it does mean I've got something vaguely like a lightgun without having the CRT set up. Was having a great time two player on House of the Dead 2+3 and Ghost Squad yesterday. Anything that isn't a lightgun game or made very specifically around the Wii controller... mixed bag at best. It's why I avoided it for years to be honest.

In other news, live from the era of austerity, here are some grotty things. What a bunch of junk! This pile cost me a total of £2.00. Blazblue, Super SFIV, Sims 3, Dead Space and Gears of War 2 came from a box that was literally sat on the floor in the street outside a charity shop - 5 for £1. I was only actually interested in Blazblue, maybe the Super SFIV if it wasn't so tatty. There was also a Sims 3 PC expansion in a different place for 50p. Finally, PES 2013 actually was inside a CEX for 50p and exists solely because it had an immaculate box.

The thing is, I don't actually want any of those things, save Blazblue which was actually in excellent condition save the outer box. So in comes PES 2013, do a swap, we end up with this.

Then the rest can get stuffed into Cex (none of it is really worth selling separately), which if I do my sums right comes to £11.63 Credit, so minus off my £2.00 and... I've gained £9.63 and a free game that I actually wanted in the first place. Nice when that happens. Stay tuned for my next tip, reusing old teabags.

Comment

I greatly enjoy these posts.

Comment

I remember that awful PAL cover. The publisher ran a competition on NeoGAF and the winner got their art used for the cover.

Comment

Lol, no way. That's hilarious.

Comment

It's the logo that really kills me on that one.

(also big up SMT IV on the last page, always happy to see it going into more folks' collections)

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      I remember that awful PAL cover. The publisher ran a competition on NeoGAF and the winner got their art used for the cover.
                      It's awful and I did wonder! Great info.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        I wish they'd used a normal controller to be honest, but it does mean I've got something vaguely like a lightgun without having the CRT set up. Was having a great time two player on House of the Dead 2+3 and Ghost Squad yesterday. Anything that isn't a lightgun game or made very specifically around the Wii controller... mixed bag at best. It's why I avoided it for years to be honest.
                        You do have a point. That's the ONLY thing it was good for. Even back in the day I remember getting home form work, switching on the Wii and getting annoyed that I had to keep moving my arms, pointing the remote at the screen and wiggle crap.

Comment

Nah, the Wii remote was a great design. Super versatile - with a nunchuk it was a comfortable two piece for traditional controls, turn it on its side and it’s a NES pad, or use it as a simple remote for board game fare like Fortune Street. Or use it as a light gun or a point-and-click input, of course.

The actual motion controls were pretty bad until Motion+, and the unnecessary insertion of waggle into games that really didn’t need it was a pain, but the actual hardware design was brilliantly well thought out imo. And it captured people’s imagination, of course, like all Nintendo’s best ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Even back in the day I remember getting home form work, switching on the Wii and getting annoyed that I had to keep moving my arms, pointing the remote at the screen and wiggle crap.
                            Completely on board with this, last thing I want to do after a painful day in the office is to tire myself out some more. Even though I love the lightgun games, 30 minutes on them is about my limit! The golf games are a nice bit of exercise in winter though I guess.

My findings so far with the Wii controls as a fairly new owner is that I feel it's an almost exact three-way split between games that benefit from them, games that really don't and some that are a mixed bag. I haven't found one yet where I've found the Wiimote/nunchuk combo to be better than a regular pad, but Wiimote alone can work well. I can do without shoehorned in "shake the pad to do x" or on-screen keyboards using the Wiimote as a pointer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

One more to go.
                              That must of set you back a bit. I bought all of those digitally in the last Atlus sale as all the places Ive looked they are going for about $100 each. I’m hoping that in the future there’ll be a reprint at somewhere like videogamesplus as that’s happened in the past with most of Atlus’ games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                                That must of set you back a bit. I bought all of those digitally in the last Atlus sale as all the places Ive looked they are going for about $100 each. I’m hoping that in the future there’ll be a reprint at somewhere like videogamesplus as that’s happened in the past with most of Atlus’ games.
                                A little bit yeah. I sold SMT IV and Apocalypse last year and it was one of the few times I regretted parting with something. PAL copies are ridiculous so I went for NA copies where possible. Would have been cheaper if VAT wasn't forced on me at checkout of course.

SMT IV: £66.63
                                SMT IV: Apocalypse: £86.44
                                SMT: Devil Survivor - Overclocked: £39.95 (you can still get PAL copies at retail)
                                SMT: Devil Survivor - Record Breaker: £74.22

Comment

Working...
                                X