No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck and bad luck with more PSP pick ups. I love the original Virtua Tennis, but for some reason this absolutely refuses to acknowledge the memory card in my PSP claiming there's no space, despite it having 58Gb free. (Outrun 2006 has the same issue?) So that means no world tour mode as I can't save my progress. Was really looking forward to Everybody's Golf on the go again and bought the one that I had back at release, only for it to turn up and it's the Everybody's Golf 2 disc in the case! Can't be bothered to return it as it was a couple of quid inc shipping, and it's not the end of the world as I ended up playing it for about six hours yesterday.

So as much as everything I'd bought had been a bit cheap and cheerful, I couldn't resist these when I saw them, so a bit more of a splurge. The Parodius Portable collection is clearly the star of the bunch IMO even though I can't get on with Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius Forever With Me, for some reason I just don't enjoy playing it. Had a solid run through on Sexy Parodius today though.

Last edited by Colin; 30-03-2022, 18:57.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] as
      Ridiculous as it sounds you actually have too much free space on your card. Some early psp games don’t like that (I’m assuming the bit width of the variable they store the free space in is too small). I can’t remember if it’s more than 2GB or more than 4GB free space that causes the problem. Basically use a smaller memory card mate. I probably have a few lying around if you need one.

Comment

Ah, cheers for the info mate, I must only have had a titchy memory card back in the day as Virtua Tennis saves were never an issue!

Comment

Yeah I just don’t think they envisaged anyone having anything like 64GB available on a card. The first PSP memory card I had was the 32MB pack in and I later paid about £70 for a whole 1GB!

Nice gets btw Virtua Tennis and Everybody’s Golf are both brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            A little bit yeah. I sold SMT IV and Apocalypse last year and it was one of the few times I regretted parting with something. PAL copies are ridiculous so I went for NA copies where possible. Would have been cheaper if VAT wasn't forced on me at checkout of course.

SMT IV: £66.63
            SMT IV: Apocalypse: £86.44
            SMT: Devil Survivor - Overclocked: £39.95 (you can still get PAL copies at retail)
            SMT: Devil Survivor - Record Breaker: £74.22
            Yeah I know how you feel, I made a similar mistake by selling my sealed day one copies of Radiant Historia 3DS and Alliance Alive that I had sat on my shelf for almost a year for just under retail price then a month later they skyrocketed to over $100. I still have physical copies of Strange Journey, Devil Surviver 2 and most of the Etrian Odyssey games, although I missed out on Nexus which is another one I regret not picking up as amazon had that one for $25 at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              There's a mild redesign in 2011 when it becomes the "101" model and affects all of them from then on. The GC controller and memory ports are removed along with any support for the discs. Also they delete the vertical stand for some reason.
              Canada also got the Wii Mini, which was a complete remodel with a top-loading disc tray. Unmoddable due to no SD card, no Wii shop, etc. No GC anything anywhere either. I would have regretted getting it, except it came with Wiimotion plus controller and nunchuk, which would have been $70 separately, but the whole thing was $100.

Comment

It also only supports composite video which is the worst offender for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Good luck and bad luck with more PSP pick ups. I love the original Virtua Tennis, but for some reason this absolutely refuses to acknowledge the memory card in my PSP claiming there's no space, despite it having 58Gb free. (Outrun 2006 has the same issue?) So that means no world tour mode as I can't save my progress. Was really looking forward to Everybody's Golf on the go again and bought the one that I had back at release, only for it to turn up and it's the Everybody's Golf 2 disc in the case! Can't be bothered to return it as it was a couple of quid inc shipping, and it's not the end of the world as I ended up playing it for about six hours yesterday.

So as much as everything I'd bought had been a bit cheap and cheerful, I couldn't resist these when I saw them, so a bit more of a splurge. The Parodius Portable collection is clearly the star of the bunch IMO even though I can't get on with Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius Forever With Me, for some reason I just don't enjoy playing it. Had a solid run through on Sexy Parodius today though.

PSP talk is tempting me to get another PSP (my sixth i think over the years!) how are you finding the screen quality? [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

Comment

Lol the bordersdown effect in action, bet a few of you give in and get carried up in the PSP nostalgia hehe. The boku no natsuyaumi games are a PSP must have in my books. The only reason I keen mine around is to play those as I love em’

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                      Yeah I know how you feel, I made a similar mistake by selling my sealed day one copies of Radiant Historia 3DS and Alliance Alive that I had sat on my shelf for almost a year for just under retail price then a month later they skyrocketed to over $100. I still have physical copies of Strange Journey, Devil Surviver 2 and most of the Etrian Odyssey games, although I missed out on Nexus which is another one I regret not picking up as amazon had that one for $25 at one point.
                      I got rid of 3DS Radiant Historia as well although I still have the DS version. Its selling DS Dragon Quest IV and V that really kill me. That's only two games out of many more that have been sold though so its not too bad. Or that's what I tell myself anyway haha.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                        PSP talk is tempting me to get another PSP (my sixth i think over the years!) how are you finding the screen quality? @Colin
                        Screen is still great in my opinion and the games still look excellent. I've had a bit of eye strain playing some of the shooters, but I'd probably put that down to my advancing years more than anything else!

Comment

It's weird with the PSP, I've got good eyesight but I struggle on a few games. Guess we've been spoiled by phone screens. Thankfully there's good solutions out there to play PSP via HDMI on the big screen nowadays, ideal for old duffers.

Comment

I like playing PSP games on my Vita. Shame Ridge Racers 2 never hit the PS Store :-/

Comment

I know what you guys mean about the PSP screen with some games. The Parodius collection in particular is one where it's sometimes kinda hard to see what's going on.

I think we are def spoiled by modern phone screens and their insane contrast and resolution.

And yeah, Atticus, Vita is def the way to go as the screen is a huge leap forward, not that I've actually used it much for PSP games though. I'm always meaning to get round to getting mine hacked so I can play PSP ISOs on it.
                              Last edited by wakka; 01-04-2022, 15:33.

Comment

Hmm thanks guys, maybe a vita would be a better option, I dunno I kinda wanted to pick a few umd games, psp games still seem cheapish compared to most retro stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X