Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
    How did you get it shipped? Zenmarket are only doing surface mail from Japan atm.
    Buyee are doing airmail still it's about 15 quid for a single game currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Buyee are doing airmail still it's about 15 quid for a single game currently.
      That's insane!

Comment

FromJapan are still doing FedEx.
        [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] wow, what a haul!

Comment

Massive gaming pick-ups video this month with over 40 games and some nice PS1 games, new games and hardware.

Comment

Some nice PS1 pickups there, I might keep an eye out for Power Instinct 2 as a curio. I didn’t even know it existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Massive gaming pick-ups video this month with over 40 games and some nice PS1 games, new games and hardware.
              Someone's been busy!

I can give a bit more information about the Jet De Go! they were selling on that JAL flight you were on, I've got it.

Basically it was sold exclusively on JAL flights. It's the same as the normal retail release bar the special boxart and I think more stuff is unlocked at the start to play with, probably some other minor differences. I got it when I was looking for the regular game as I was feeling nostalgia for Landing High Japan in the arcades. It wasn't much extra to get this special version, think I paid about a tenner.

Somewhat surprisingly, that Simple 2000 Yankii racing game was released in PAL territories as Maxxed Out Racing. I've got it and it sucks. Not even that rare which is a bit odd, Cex do it for 50p. Dreadful game, the most fun I got out of it was trying all the different musical horns out. I like some bad racing games but this one is in the bottom 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                Some nice PS1 pickups there, I might keep an eye out for Power Instinct 2 as a curio. I didn’t even know it existed.
                If you get it, just check out how barren the backgrounds are. Eve the SFC version of the first game makes a better attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  Someone's been busy!

I can give a bit more information about the Jet De Go! they were selling on that JAL flight you were on, I've got it.

Basically it was sold exclusively on JAL flights. It's the same as the normal retail release bar the special boxart and I think more stuff is unlocked at the start to play with, probably some other minor differences. I got it when I was looking for the regular game as I was feeling nostalgia for Landing High Japan in the arcades. It wasn't much extra to get this special version, think I paid about a tenner.

Somewhat surprisingly, that Simple 2000 Yankii racing game was released in PAL territories as Maxxed Out Racing. I've got it and it sucks. Not even that rare which is a bit odd, Cex do it for 50p. Dreadful game, the most fun I got out of it was trying all the different musical horns out. I like some bad racing games but this one is in the bottom 10%.
                  Ah, so I wasn't remembering wrongly about Jet De Go. makes sense that they'd have a special version for passengers on flights.
                  I'm also really surprised the Yankii racing game got a PAL release. Out of all the racing games available, they brought over that garbage. Amazing

Comment

Ah, so I wasn't remembering wrongly about Jet De Go. makes sense that they'd have a special version for passengers on flights.
                    I'm also really surprised the Yankii racing game got a PAL release. Out of all the racing games available, they brought over that garbage. Amazing
                    A surprising amount of those Simple 2000 games made it here, even some of the slightly saucy ones. There is a sort-of sequel to that Yankii game which I've heard is half OK but I've never seen it in the wild. It got a PAL release as Maxxed Out Racing: Nitro, for you it's Vol 30: Kourin! Zokusha God.

I think the worst one I've ever played is The Tousou Highway, which got released here as Car Racing Challenge. Probably best described as Thrill Drive if it was on an almost completely straight road, but with added on-foot car theft bits that somehow look worse than Driver 2 on the PS1.

Comment

Car Racing Challenge is the most brilliantly generic videogame name I’ve ever heard.

Comment

If you get it, just check out how barren the backgrounds are. Eve the SFC version of the first game makes a better attempt.
                        I seem to recall having this and enjoying it tho if I can remember correctly one of the characters can change forms and it pauses to load the change each time 0_o.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Car Racing Challenge is the most brilliantly generic videogame name I’ve ever heard.
                          The same company (Midas) handled the PAL version of Taito's racing game Battle Gear 2 and renamed it Tokyo Road Race. Not a single race takes place within or even nearby Tokyo, which is funny in itself, but there's something even better - the spine reads as "Toyko" Road Race, making it probably the only PS2 game with a typo on the spine.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Yeah, I guess the flipchart looked pretty barren in that meeting There's an awful trend of generic names in modern games too, as if they were generated by a computer ... Fast Racing Whatever and 80s Nothing Racing that ... there's no inspiration whatsoever, just a tribute act.

Comment

The PSP backlog just continues to grow, three arrivals all in lovely condition. That in itself seems a major victory when buying used UK games unless you're buying them from people like us on the forum who have owned them from new. Just makes me miss the glory days of buying stuff for peanuts from Japan and it turning up in absolutely mint condition!

Anyway, this week it's R-Type Tactics, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and God Of War, Chains Of Olympus. I'm not sure if this is the GoW I had back when I originally had a PSP or if it was Ghost Of Sparta I had, but this one was £6 and all the copies of Sparta seemed to be about £25, so Olympus it was!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                I seem to recall having this and enjoying it tho if I can remember correctly one of the characters can change forms and it pauses to load the change each time 0_o.
                                Yep, that's right.
                                I mean, it's a fun game but clearly unfinished in terms of backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X