No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ll I four X’d the **** out of it today before going to watch a ****ing foul mouthed drag Queen tonight, so it’s X’s everywhere!

Comment

I've always thought this game was a turd especially compared to the OG. And tbh it is rough but let's say a few good things, the ominous soundtrack is good and some of the enemy designs are excellent. Cheap too.

Comment

Go with your gut on this one mate.

Comment

Is it as bad as the PCE version?

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
            Is it as bad as the PCE version?
            Looks largely the same with better music and parallax.

Comment

Bought a smoke black original xbox over the weekend, was about $100 and included 13 games which seems like a pretty good deal considering what they are currently going for on eBay. Will be modding this as soon as it arrives and upgrading the HDD, but I’m not up to date with current xbox mods, are there any major differences between the soft mod and installing a mod chip?

Comment

After a disappointing visit to Computer Exchange where I got to find out that the Game Gear has two types of PSUs depending on early/late model (mine is early), I decided to drown my sorrows with other accessories off the Internet.

Behold the almighty BIG WINDOW Ⅱ, the Japanese version of the Super Wide Gear. What a behemoth! It's still a little bit dusty, but I'll sort that later. I also decided to pick up the surprisingly cheap car adaptor, which was also boxed with manual. Looks like it's never been used to be honest.

The main thing I love about the Game Gear is the compact design and the portability. Anyway, I'm a complete moron so obviously I'm going to go test it all.

YEAH! All powered up by the car adaptor, works great. To be honest, the BIG WINDOW Ⅱ is nowhere as unwieldly as I expected it to be and makes an enormous difference to my ability to seeing the screen - partly because of the magnifying effect, but it also stops a considerable amount of glare. In fact, it looks brilliant. Bloody impossible to photograph though.

This is the best photo I could get, it just confuses the hell out of my camera. It's a lot easier to see in reality. I definitely recommend both accessories though, I can really see me keeping the BIG WINDOW Ⅱ on the system pretty much permanently at home, but I'd like to try the regular BIG WINDOW and see what that's like too.

Comment

Still completely failing in my attempts to NOT buy any more PSP, yet another has just fallen through the letterbox. Prinny, Can I Really Be a Hero? looks a right wee chuckle though I've heard it's a bit on the unforgiving side.I justified this purchase through the classic logic that UK copies don't seem to appear that often, an excuse that seems to get used quite a lot by me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    After a disappointing visit to Computer Exchange where I got to find out that the Game Gear has two types of PSUs depending on early/late model (mine is early), I decided to drown my sorrows with other accessories off the Internet.

Behold the almighty BIG WINDOW Ⅱ, the Japanese version of the Super Wide Gear. What a behemoth! It's still a little bit dusty, but I'll sort that later. I also decided to pick up the surprisingly cheap car adaptor, which was also boxed with manual. Looks like it's never been used to be honest.

The main thing I love about the Game Gear is the compact design and the portability. Anyway, I'm a complete moron so obviously I'm going to go test it all.

YEAH! All powered up by the car adaptor, works great. To be honest, the BIG WINDOW Ⅱ is nowhere as unwieldly as I expected it to be and makes an enormous difference to my ability to seeing the screen - partly because of the magnifying effect, but it also stops a considerable amount of glare. In fact, it looks brilliant. Bloody impossible to photograph though.

This is the best photo I could get, it just confuses the hell out of my camera. It's a lot easier to see in reality. I definitely recommend both accessories though, I can really see me keeping the BIG WINDOW Ⅱ on the system pretty much permanently at home, but I'd like to try the regular BIG WINDOW and see what that's like too.
                    I really hope you were sitting in your Japanese taxi when you did this, fag hanging out of your mouth, like a Japanese cabbie on a break circa 1991.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I really hope you were sitting in your Japanese taxi when you did this, fag hanging out of your mouth, like a Japanese cabbie on a break circa 1991.
                      Sadly not! If I was in the taxi I'd have the TV tuner rigged up to watch one of those lame Japanese variety shows with a couple of hosts in inset windows making mock surprise faces at everything. Then somebody says something and text appears on the screen that says more-or-less the same thing.

Comment

That bloody Colin, eh!

Comment

That gunners Heaven is starting to creep up in price again. A nice one like yours would be about 6000 yen now.

Comment

Homebrew Slap Fight cart for the CPC. Stunning piece of work. If commercial releases had been of that standard in the 80s I wouldn’t have looked twice at other 8 bit micros.

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] if it makes you feel any better I haven't been able to find that PC Engine collection for love or money.

I spotted this pretty immaculate ceramic white PSP on eBay so scooped it and a bundle of games at auction, and was delighted when it turned up and it was as nice as it looked in the photos. This was probably the last style system I had back when the PSP was current, so it'll add in to the massively nostalgic love in I'm having with the system right now. I'll be sticking the PSP street as well as all the spare games I've amassed from buying bundles in the age old collecting trick of "Buy big bundles and loot the stuff you want" in the sale section soon if anyone's interested.

Comment

Picked up this nice Sega logo sign.
                                In real life its a nice rich blue colour. It's pretty difficult to get a good photo of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X