Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Picked up this nice Sega logo sign.
    In real life its a nice rich blue colour. It's pretty difficult to get a good photo of it.
    I saw loads of this type of sign for sale in an electrical mall in Thailand, they had them with different designs and could apparently do custom ones. They look quite mad in person, I'm not quite sure how it works - I presumed it was some kind of etched plexiglass with an LED at the top. They really do look different in person! Didn't see a Sega one though sadly, I think there was a red Nintendo one though.

Comment

There's tons on ebay & etsy you can get them to make any design you want, they just use a cnc machine to etch acrylic panels then slap a edge led box on them. They are pretty cheap & make nice lights if you get a decent maker doing them.

Comment

Picked up Golden Axe for PC Engine CD, knowing full well of its standards watched many vids over the years etc, thought it would be fun for the collection, on a real GA tip currently....but actually having it in hand and playing it, it's incredulous and gone back on the ebay. Even most of the redbook arranged music is **** and the sound effects are Atari 2600 standard. Let alone that it played like a turd and looks like a turd someone spat on.
        Last edited by Baseley09; 29-05-2022, 09:05.

Comment

No matter how much of a PCE devotee I am, there’s no excuse for GA on the system. Truly ****. Fill the blanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            Picked up Golden Axe for PC Engine CD, knowing full well of its standards watched many vids over the years etc, thought it would be fun for the collection, on a real GA tip currently....but actually having it in hand and playing it, it's incredulous and gone back on the ebay. Even most of the redbook arranged music is **** and the sound effects ts Atari 2600 standard. Let alone that it played like a turd and looks like a turd someone spat on.
            I feel the pain. I did the same. Knew it was ****e but bought it anyway thinking it couldn't be that bad but man, it is!

Comment

I bought it just to have in my Golden Axe collection. Felt grubby while handing the cash over, but as it was used, at least none of it was going to the developers.

Comment

I bought it just to have in my Golden Axe collection. Felt grubby while handing the cash over, but as it was used, at least none of it was going to the developers.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
                  Be interested to see what you have in the Golden Axe archive!

Comment

Just console Golden Axe Games.

Golden Axe MD
                    Golden Axe 2 MD
                    Golden Axe 3 MD
                    Golden Axe MS
                    Golden Axe Warrior MS
                    Golden Axe Wonderswan
                    Ax-Battler GG
                    Golden Axe PCE CD
                    Sega Smash Pack GBA
                    Astro City (with Revenge of Death Adder)
                    Tiger Handheld Golden Axe
                    Beast Rider PS3.
                    Various MD collections on PSP, PS3, Switch, PS4
                    Golden Axe Sega Ages PS2
                    Golden Axe The Duel Saturn
                    Last edited by DeathAdder; 29-05-2022, 10:29.

Comment

Aye, the PCE port is seriously substandard. One of the most disappointing games I own.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
                        Just console Golden Axe Games.

Golden Axe MD
                        Golden Axe 2 MD
                        Golden Axe 3 MD
                        Golden Axe MS
                        Golden Axe Warrior MS
                        Golden Axe Wonderswan
                        Ax-Battler GG
                        Golden Axe PCE CD
                        Sega Smash Pack GBA
                        Astro City (with Revenge of Death Adder)
                        Tiger Handheld Golden Axe
                        Beast Rider PS3.
                        Various MD collections on PSP, PS3, Switch, PS4
                        Golden Axe Sega Ages PS2
                        Golden Axe The Duel Saturn
                        User name checks out.

Comment

Despite having a ton of voucher credit to use up, Cex has been completely dry and barren lately - or at least anything good has been in shocking condition. That said, I've found the odd bit here and there.

Ninja Assault (PS2): There's one for the steadily growing PS2 lightgun game collection, found it in great condition so thought it was worth a shot. At the same time I also saw Vampire Night, but that was in crap condition with no manual sadly. A mere £2.50 for this, as is usually the case with lightgun games.
                          Shadow of Memories (PS2): For some reason this has been turning up loads lately, but (probably with it being an older title) always in lousy and/or incomplete condition. This one is good though! I've fancied this for a while, it looks bloody weird and gets extremely mixed reviews so I thought "sure". It was £8.
                          Persona 4 Arena (PS3): Somebody traded in a lot of quite weird PS3 games in lovely condition at one branch I visit often - mixture of things I don't want, already have or just priced way too expensive over eBay prices. I've not got any of the Persona games, but my missus does and kept picking this spin-off game up to look at the (short) soundtrack disc that was inexplicably left in the case, to see if it had been nicked yet. This week the price has randomly dipped from £20 to £15 and with all this voucher credit burning a hole it seemed worth a shot.

Comment

Good gets! Ninja Assault isn’t a bad game. It’s not top tier but I had fun with it BITD. It’s a lot better than Vampire Night, which is a dull effort.

I have always loved Shadow of Memories. That game was huge for me. I really anticipated its release and when I finally got my hands on it, it didn’t disappoint. It has an intriguing open world combat-free gameplay style, and many endings based on the choices you make. Really a very cool game and one I still often think about. I played it through a number of times to see different endings and events.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                              User name checks out.
                              I have zero versions of Onimusha :/

Comment

[MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION]'s latest pickup reminds me I've been meaning to ask this question, why are all the Persona games so madly expensive? The PSP ones are mental money that I've seen while searching for other games on the system, and I saw someone talking recently on here about paying hefty amounts for I think it was DS versions. Were they just made in really small quantities?

Comment

Working...
                                X