No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably their prior cult following that’s lately been given more exposure? New blood is always going to want to go back and snap up what they’ve previously missed.

Comment

Yeah, I think the series has become exponentially more popular over time, especially since the release of 5. And the games they released in the 2000s probably didn't get huge print runs.

Comment

P4A is a belting fighter. Done by Arc who do the Guilty Gear series.

Comment

Was having troubles with my Sony trinitron since I bought it (slightly warped picture, speakers not working) and even after trying to fix the picture through the service menu I could never get it perfect. Considering the cost of getting someone out to repair and calibrate it I just bought a new TV instead which finally arrived yesterday. Its a Panasonic TH-32D50 it’s bigger than my last one and it’s widescreen. It’s working great and the picture is fantastic, using d terminal cables the images look really crisp and almost HD. Not many scanlines which is a shame but it looks stunning, probably the best I have seen gamecube/PS2 games on a CRT. The TV is an absolute beast though in terms of size and weight and I felt guilty asking the delivery guy to help me get it upstairs.

Comment

Widescreen CRT's are great on original Xbox and Wii as well. I also watch DVD's through my widescreen CRT, and they look great.

Comment

One new PSP arrival for me this week. Only a handful of games to find now and I'll be all set, but those last few will probably take a while as they don't seem to come up often at reasonable prices.

Comment

I'm still earning more Cex credit with found junk that I'm trading in than I'm finding to buy, but I guess that's a nice position to be in? I feel like the guy at an amusement arcade collecting enough tokens that he might be able to claim the 14-inch portable TV. Got these though.

Kororinpa (Wii): I put this on my "to get" list about 3 months ago. VGL on YouTube put out compilation videos of footage of each game on a system - just about 10 seconds of gameplay of each game, in order (they've just got to "U" on the Wii). Since it shows every game, I like to watch them and see if anything that appeals to me might come up and this one looked nice and it's developed by Hudson, a game where you roll a ball around a maze. Almost the same time, Game Sack put out a Wii retrospective and it was mentioned there too and I thought "yes, this looks my bag". Found this one with a mucky case (but mint innards), swapped the case round for some hidden object game junk and I'm away. £4, or £4.99 if we're including the charity shop donor case.
                Dead To Rights: Retribution (PS3): I remember the original game getting some notoriety in the early days of Let's Play videos due to the bizarre content and ludicrous story. This one was not developed by Namco, it is effectively a reboot by the sounds of it and came from Volatile Games (part of Blitz Games with The Oliver Twins). I have absolutely no idea if this is going to be any good or not, but it was £4 with a nice condition slip case. I reckon probably mediocre to good? We'll see. It all looks like brand new under the slip case. It looks like the official game of some 1980s Cannon Films release.

Also whilst I was in Cex it took bloody ages because some guy was simultaneously trading in/buying loads of stuff. I would normally find this annoying, but this guy was nervously (and unsuccessfully) trying to chat up the young lass on the counter whilst she was trying to get his order sorted out. I very much enjoyed being witness to 10 minutes of some guy getting gradually more sweaty and panicked whilst trying to show off his knowledge of PS2 budget game rarity to a girl who seemed disinterested. It was really funny. Poor guy, he did his best.

Comment

I thought the original Dead To Rights was great, never heard of this one though.

Comment

Few more Cex specials today, wasn't even thinking of going in today but thought "sod it, why not" - good job I did because there was loads of new stuff in. Let's display it on a lint-covered throw (I vacuumed up afterwards).

Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3): EDF! EDF! EDF! I like the EDF games, I'm not as far down the rabbit hole as some folks on here but I didn't have this particular one on the PS3 and I am very much fond of their mixture of all-out action and Dynasty Warriors style conflict management. Giant insects? I'll buy you a steak dinner! etc. A steal at just £5, really nice condition too. Wonder who traded it in.
                    Crazy Taxi (PS2): This one is for the missus, I've already got it on the Dreamcast. You wouldn't believe how difficult it has been to locate a nice copy of Crazy Taxi for the PS2, it has been impossible. I think this has been the 30th, 40th copy I've looked at. And you know what? I'm glad I waited, because this one is lovely. Looks completely mint from case to manual to disc. It can't have been in the shop longer than a day or two. Jumped on it at £4. I didn't literally jump on it. That's what looks like happened to the other copies.
                    Resonance of Fate (PS3): Me and the missus saw this a couple of weeks back on the 360, too tatty to bother with but neither of us had even heard of it. Then the PS3 counterpart just landed now. And it's like new - but to be honest I think that seems to be the general rule of thumb with PS3 RPGs. I'm not sure really what to make of it, but it's got a load of steampunk anime boys in old-fashioned military coats so that was the missus sold on it. It's by Tri-Ace who did the Star Ocean lot. Might be hard work I think, but we'll see. £8! Big spender.

Comment

Got some more PS3 stuff, I'm almost out of Cex credit at last! Nice condition games keep appearing. Couple of these I've mentioned before but not on this thread so have them again.

Gundam: Target in Sight: This Japanese launch title washed up in a charity shop for £1, couldn't resist at that price but surprisingly it has English voice and subtitle options. You'd expect that from some Asian releases but not the specific Japanese one. Anyway this game is apparently a bit of a honker, we'll see about that. I miss Chromehounds.
                      Metal Gear Solid 4: I have an enormous backlog of MGS titles to work through as I didn't have a PS3 until it had already been out a few years and I missed the boat on this one. Despite that, it's taken me ages to find one that wasn't dog-eared thanks to the use of a cardboard outer sleeve. I just had to wait. Another £1 charity shop special and it has a HMV-exclusive white sleeve which is nice if you like going to HMV I guess?
                      Tales of Xillia Day One Edition: Missus likes these RPGs and already has this one in fact, but a really nice card box one turned up in Cex (priced as a normal one at £15), so we can now enjoy a very tiny soundtrack and a slim art book. Oh well, we'll just sell the old one.
                      Deux Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition: I fancied this when it came out and then I can't think why I didn't get round to getting it, I think I was waiting for a price drop and then just forgot about it (such is my memory). Then this edition of it turned up, it's not enormously rare or expensive or anything (£4 and that's the standard price) but somehow somebody has managed to preserve the awkwardly designed fold-out box in such a way without squashing it. Well done.

I guess I'll just have to trade in some more charity shop DVDs now.

Comment

Rinsed the Saturn version in my life slowly getting into the rhythm of this one, it's a beaut.

Comment

Not posted for a while , but here's my latest

Comment

lol, Pingu. class. I love how Bandai think they can fool us in t thinking it's a different company by using the B-AI logo.

Comment

So I have to say I REALLY enjoyed the process of buying these games as it's the first time I've bought something directly from Japan in years, felt proper old school tracking them all the way to my doorstep today! The real bonus though is they didn't get flagged by customs which feels like a total win.

So I both blame [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] for these purchases but I'm also grateful to him for leading me to the seller in the first place, so everything balances out really well It's let me get a couple of the big most wanted games ticked off of my PSP list, and at SUBSTANTIALLY lower prices than what's being asked for them here.

Darius Burst was number one on the hit list, but I haven't seen a copy in the UK since I got in to the PSP again a few months ago for any less than £80-90. As much as I wanted it, I just wasn't really willing to pay that. This copy is in almost mint condition and all in with shipping was just over £36 inc shipping costs, quite the saving! Akumajo Dracula X Chronicle was the same thing again coming in at £30.

Then because I was having to pay a certain shipping fee anyway, I had a few cheaper games in with the parcel as well, though all stuff I wanted anyway. The Power Stone was unnecessary I suppose as I have a PAL copy, but the Japanese one is cooler so will replace it with that.

All in all a great buying experience and a nice bunch of games to play. Good Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                So I have to say I REALLY enjoyed the process of buying these games as it's the first time I've bought something directly from Japan in years, felt proper old school tracking them all the way to my doorstep today! The real bonus though is they didn't get flagged by customs which feels like a total win.

So I both blame [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] for these purchases but I'm also grateful to him for leading me to the seller in the first place, so everything balances out really well It's let me get a couple of the big most wanted games ticked off of my PSP list, and at SUBSTANTIALLY lower prices than what's being asked for them here.

Darius Burst was number one on the hit list, but I haven't seen a copy in the UK since I got in to the PSP again a few months ago for any less than £80-90. As much as I wanted it, I just wasn't really willing to pay that. This copy is in almost mint condition and all in with shipping was just over £36 inc shipping costs, quite the saving! Akumajo Dracula X Chronicle was the same thing again coming in at £30.

Then because I was having to pay a certain shipping fee anyway, I had a few cheaper games in with the parcel as well, though all stuff I wanted anyway. The Power Stone was unnecessary I suppose as I have a PAL copy, but the Japanese one is cooler so will replace it with that.

All in all a great buying experience and a nice bunch of games to play. Good Monday!
                                Which seller is this?

Comment

Working...
                                X