No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Emporium Retro Gaming Shop. I received a 10% discount for my first purchase which pretty much paid for the shipping on the games I bought too, which was a bonus.

Comment

One more (and last) arrival for the week. This one irks me a bit as I was convinced I could get it cheaper, but then Fuse did some looking around the Japanese auction sites etc and turns out this was pretty much as cheap as I was going to get it. Weirdly it's by far the most expensive PSP game I've bought at nearly £70, though at least it's is in pristine condition. After having this copy on my watch list for several months now but holding back, I guarantee another one will appear on eBay for half the price within the next month.

Comment

Oh, that Twinbee.

Comment

Bundle from Nippon, came with a load more but usual faff quiz games etc and a few doubles I had, worming my way to Namco complete! Missed Future Boy Conan off the pic too!

And a classic for the archives, worked out around 45 quid delivered not bad for an AES game in these dark times

Last edited by Baseley09; 23-06-2022, 18:03.

Comment

While art of fighting is overall a pretty crappy fighter, I do enjoy it. I like how it goes for a different style. I like the massive sprites and I dig the bold overpowered audio it uses.

Comment

The first game was a bit pants, but the second and third are great fun.

Comment

Some nice stuff there [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION]

I always found AoF to be great for 2 player but it's so bloody difficult in single player!

Love me a bit of Crest of Wolf as well, always makes me laugh how the big guy walks like he's just sharted.

Comment

Yeah had COTW a few times it's not half bad slim pickings for brawlers on PCE!

Also got Kick Ball in the lot didn't realise it was Shubibinman based couldn't be more excited!!

Comment

Another PSP shooter ticked off the list with Strike Witches. To be honest I don't really know that much about this one, and the quick play I've had of it so far didn't exactly grab me, but I think maybe there's a mechanic to it that I'm just not grasping yet?

Comment

Popping them off at the minute Armed F on HuCard highly enjoyable this one. Decent graphics, sounds good can't go far wrong.

Last edited by Baseley09; 29-06-2022, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Another PSP shooter ticked off the list with Strike Witches. To be honest I don't really know that much about this one, and the quick play I've had of it so far didn't exactly grab me, but I think maybe there's a mechanic to it that I'm just not grasping yet?

This is a title I always wanted to get on the 360 or PS3 but never got around to picking up

Neil

Comment

This weeks arrivals so far

Comment

Another PSP arrival for this week which @speedlolita put in my head. I used to love Guilty Gear on the Dreamcast, but that was the only version I've ever played, so looking forward to seeing how this one is.

So last night I did something I'd never normally do, I bought a game from Japan that only had a stock box art image in the listing. Normally I'd give any seller doing this a wide berth, but I'm very curious as to what condition the game is going to turn up in. To be fair it was at a good enough price to take a punt on it with fingers crossed!

The seller had good feedback, do any of you guys ever just go for it without a bunch of photos of the actual item to go over? What do we think, will I receive something that looks like my dog ate it, or will it be decent............

Comment

My in-laws had one of their cars on show at a transport festival and another owner and I got to talking about how she was looking to have a massive clear out of her son's gaming stuff. He's autistic and has, over the years, amassed loads of stuff that he just wasn't interested in anymore. I offered to help go through it all and see if any of it was worth money.

Spent a Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago sorting through piles of stuff.

An unboxed N64 (with decent pad), a non-yellowed Dreamcast, a PSOne with LCD Screen (LCD still had the factory installed screen protector on it!!), a Master System 2, a fully boxed MD1 with Pele Soccer.

Over 125 PSOne games (mostly filler but Ghoul Panic jumped out at me), a stack of PS2 games (again, filler), fully boxed N64 games like Rocket, Glover, Space Station Silicon Valley, Lode Runner etc...

Hopefully she'll be able to get some decent cash for it. I was tempted by the N64 and DC but I'd barely play them.

For my trouble, she let me have these... Minty fresh and I'm super happy!

Comment

Power Diggerz is a great little game!

Comment

Working...
                                X