No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a splurg came as a lot, all complete.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 29-07-2022, 18:52.

Comment

Awesome. I have fond memories of going to my nearest import shop in Edinburgh every Saturday to buy a good few of those on their original release. Absolutely loved ESWAT at the time.

Comment

Some nice titles there from the earlier side of the Mega Drive's life.

Comment

Japanese version of DJ Boy with the "it was a different time" first boss. Some top picks there, I love the music on Super Monaco GP. Funnily enough I saw the PAL Shadow Dancer in Cex today, looked rough as hell though. Yours all look mint.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            Japanese version of DJ Boy with the "it was a different time" first boss. Some top picks there, I love the music on Super Monaco GP. Funnily enough I saw the PAL Shadow Dancer in Cex today, looked rough as hell though. Yours all look mint.
            I actually still have a PAL copy of DJ Boy
            I don't really remember too much about it from back in the day

Was there an issue with the bosses then?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              I actually still have a PAL copy of DJ Boy
              I don't really remember too much about it from back in the day

Was there an issue with the bosses then?

Neil
              Yeah, you can have a big fat farting white woman but not a coloured woman. Basically they changed the skin tone of the boss in the western release. Or did they change the entire sprite. I don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Yeah, you can have a big fat farting white woman but not a coloured woman. Basically they changed the skin tone of the boss in the western release. Or did they change the entire sprite. I don't remember.
                They did the skin but badly chosen colours so they just look weird and ill, but also changed it so instead of farting, they were throwing doughnuts (???).

I think there were a bunch of other minor changes too, like they deleted the entire intro story and screwed around with some other sprites.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  They did the skin but badly chosen colours so they just look weird and ill, but also changed it so instead of farting, they were throwing doughnuts (???).

I think there were a bunch of other minor changes too, like they deleted the entire intro story and screwed around with some other sprites.
                  Thanks guys
                  Think I've only ever played this version so wasn't aware of any changes from other releases

Neil

Comment

Been waiting for months for this one to arrive , it was worth the wait as ive been playing it for the last few hours ....it's up there with the best indies

Comment

Nice cover choice.

Comment

Just watched a video of this, it looks like a surprisingly well made game.

Comment

I like big boxes from Japan.....

Comment

Love to see it; some I'm not familiar with, but lots I'm very fond of too!

Comment

Seven versions of Bleach

I had the first one of those. It was quite fun. I was super into the series at the time so enjoyed the fan service.

Shutoukou Battle is fun too.

What's the game to the right of the Kamen Rider title, btw?

Comment

Some of the Bleach games were as cheap as £2, so I thought I’d just get them all. (Though #7 seems more expensive and harder to get)

That game is Gachitora In High School or something like that, it was actually a mistake purchase, I wanted one of the Kenka Bancho games but I got mixed up with the covers. Out of practice buying import stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X