No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up over 100 issues of Retro Gamer from a user on "another" forum.

For FREE!!!!!

Spent a bit of time this afternoon putting them in order on my unit with my retro consoles.

Comment

Todays arrival before work ,

Comment

I'd like a copy of that despite no longer owning a PCE.

Comment

Slept on this one for the longest time, RayStorm is one of my all time faves but only given RayForce a spin now and again on mame. Hearing the origins of that amazing RayStorm music is giving me genuine chills, how exciting and what a great game.

Apologies for the sock.

Comment

I'm not a big shooter guy but I do like Layer Section. It's fun how it kind of slowly leads you into complete chaos on-screen. And even though the overall aesthetic is quite traditional and well-worn, the backgrounds fire the imagination quite well.

Comment

The way the levels flow without a break is so cool it's very cinematic.

Comment

Yeah, that is a really cool aspect of it as well. It feels like a journey, rather than an arbitrary collection of levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Slept on this one for the longest time, RayStorm is one of my all time faves but only given RayForce a spin now and again on mame. Hearing the origins of that amazing RayStorm music is giving me genuine chills, how exciting and what a great game.

Apologies for the sock.

That is the best version. Even better than the Arcade because the music is touched up.
                  Just make sure you play in Arcade mode. Saturn mode is missing some effects.

Comment

This was an interesting wee eBay bundle which if I'm being honest I only really bought for the mint condition copy of Rockman, but then I watched a YouTube video of The My Taxi and it looks like a great fun little Crazy Taxi style game and I'm looking forward to playing that too. I've never played a Patapon game so have no idea what to do with this one as it's the Chinese version, and not sure if it would need to be played in English for me to have any clue what's going on, so that may go on the resale pile.

Comment

Patapon is amazing!!

Comment

Nice gets [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] … fine little collection you’re building.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Patapon is amazing!!
                          Is there a language barrier to playing it? A PAL copy is cheap enough to pick up so there's no point unsealing this one if there is, I could just sell it on.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Nice gets @Colin … fine little collection you’re building.
                          Thanks mate, the collection is already not so little though.

Comment

Got a bigger one than usual this time, partly due to GAME in the shopping centre no longer wanting to exist. Closing down sale! The rest was all from Cex and charity shops, the usual scrubber Giro Day joints I hang around in.

A500 Mini: This is something the missus wanted, but ultimately felt it was a bit overpriced for what it offered. What luck that we turned up at the shopping centre when GAME decided they were having a closing down sale. It was up on a shelf where it was unclear if it was part of the 50% off (I'm guessing people daren't ask them or something). Anyway I asked and it was. Nice! It'll be now packed away for bringing out later...
                            Galaxian Numskull 1/4 Cabinet: The other big item from GAME's death rattle. I like these mini arcade cabinets to look at, but they're not the kind of thing I usually buy as they're a bit bulky and I don't really have a good place to store it really. But for what I paid I'll have it, especially as I love Galaxian. They had a few other cabinets as well, but the boxes were all a bit battered - this one was mint. And at that price! Will I keep it? I'll probably just tinker around with it for a bit and move it on.
                            Grand Theft Auto V Soundtrack: Charity shop find, this was some kind of thing that was either given away or could be bought from the Rockstar shop. It has a soundtrack and some artwork and other things, it's also meant to have a USB stick in the shape of a gold bar but evidently that went walkabouts years ago. For £4 I thought go on then, quite an odd thing to find amongst the pottery dogs and scary Victorian children. It's a shame that I don't like the GTAV soundtrack that much.
                            Resident Evil (Wii): This is basically a straight port of the - more expensive - Gamecube remake of the original. I don't have it in either format, so I thought why not, especially as it was in really nice condition. They also had Resident Evil Zero, but that was more scruffy. £6.
                            Boom Blox (Wii): What's an EA game doing in here? The missus wanted it, basically it's just Angry Birds. The game, not my missus. Not sure what Steven Spielberg had to do with it, guessing he just sat in a meeting and said "yeah sounds good" from behind a newspaper. Only a quid, but such is the case with quid games, this is probably about the 15th copy we've looked at before finding a nice one.
                            Soul Calibur Legends (Wii): Bit of an unusual one, it's a Wii-exclusive action adventure spin-off based around Soul Calibur. I didn't actually notice until I properly looked at it, I just thought it would be some kind of updated port of Soul Calibur 2 or something. Has mixed reviews but looks alright to me, I'll give it a shot for a fiver.
                            Akai Katana (360): Cave-developed horizontal shooter which looks great to me. It turned up in Cex at the same time as Deathsmiles, but whilst the former was in really nice condition, this one was pretty scruffy so I left it. I think it's still there. Anyway, it got me digging onto eBay and it's still available there as new and sealed. Made a cheeky offer which was accepted, think I've only paid £2 more than what Cex were asking. Lovely stuff.
                            Virtua Tennis 2009 (PS3): I'm not really sure why, but I've now got the full set of Virtua Tennis games for the PS3. I think I'm fascinated by the slight differences and weird parpy music. Rather stupidly, 2009 sits between 3 and 4, so it's basically 3.5. It was that weird time in the mid-late 2000s where Sega went nuts for calling things a year - Outrun 2006, Sega Rally 2006, all that. I'm glad they stopped.

And here's the GAME receipts if anyone wants to know "the damage".

Comment

High nostalgia impulse buy, used to adore the CD version, one of most played Neo games popped up for just over £100 pre shipping. Did list it straight away after reality kicked in but hey if I keep it more than happy.

Comment

Thrash Rally doesn’t have a lot to it, but for what there is it’s some of the most fun game play you can get on the AES.

Comment

Working...
                                X