No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I genuinely think this is the first time I've seen the cover of Master Of Weapon, I've never even heard of Boogie Boogie Bowling, and I have no clue what that is to the right of Heavy Unit! It's brought a smile to my face to see games I've never seen on the system before all these years on, and I thought I knew the library pretty well!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Spongey membrane all the way for the Westerners. We don't know the difference anyway.
      Lol, well can't blaim the Japanese. They probably too a look at all those ****ty home micro joysticks and thought, "oh, this must be what is popular over there. Guess micro switches are too loud."

Comment

Some wonderful MD titles you've got there, phillv85. A few stinkers too but that's okay, they just make the great games seem even more impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I genuinely think this is the first time I've seen the cover of Master Of Weapon, I've never even heard of Boogie Boogie Bowling, and I have no clue what that is to the right of Heavy Unit! It's brought a smile to my face to see games I've never seen on the system before all these years on, and I thought I knew the library pretty well!
          Ooh man, you need to study up on your Mega Drive games.
          The game next to Heavy Unit is Magical Troll. A pretty nice platformer. There's also a SFC mgical troll game but it sucks.

Comment

There's some wonderfully bad games on the MD, I like to try them all. World Cup Soccer was my first ever football game (pack in with my PAL MD) so I have a soft spot for it. Power Athlete I wanted to try and it's so comically bad. A couple of the shooters are stinkers as well, but they have to be tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Lol, well can't blaim the Japanese. They probably too a look at all those ****ty home micro joysticks and thought, "oh, this must be what is popular over there. Guess micro switches are too loud."
              Haha yeah that wasn't meant as a dig at the Japanese at all...just my weird sense of humour. And I agree, that is probably exactly what happened! Also, membrane is probably cheaper, so if they thought Western buyers would be satisfied with it, that would be a win-win.

Fantastic gets [MENTION=16898]phillv85[/MENTION]. Just so much brilliant box art.
              Last edited by wakka; 17-08-2022, 10:05.

Comment

Haha yeah that wasn't meant as a dig at the Japanese at all...just my weird sense of humour. And I agree, that is probably exactly what happened! Also, membrane is probably cheaper, so if they thought Western buyers would be satisfied with it, that would be a win-win.

Fantastic gets [MENTION=16898]phillv85[/MENTION]. Just so much brilliant box art.
                Oh no, I never thought you were having a dig. I was just being silly as well . No worries. I just thought that idea was a rather funny excuse not to include micro switches.

Comment

Honestly I don't even think you're wrong. They were probably like, have you seen what they use over there? This stick is overkill, cut it back a bit

Comment

Some absolutely top-tier MD games in that collection there, Elevation Action Returns on the Saturn too! Great game.

I know that Alien Storm is a bit divisive (I don't know why - I love it), but the Japanese boxart has to be one of the best of any titles going in my opinion. The Western art looked rubbish in comparison.

Comment

I’m not sure how it would hold up today but I loved Alien Storm as a kid. Played it tons on the Mega Games 3 compilation cart (which saw a ton of playtime generally).

And yeah, the Japanese art rocks. I love that kind of body/bio horror vibe. Curse’s art is excellent in that regard too.

Comment

Alien Storm is still a playable game today I think. It was never quite as good as Golden Axe for me and that still stands. It's a hell of a lot better than a lot of Mega Drive belt scrollers though.

Comment

I’m not sure how it would hold up today but I loved Alien Storm as a kid. Played it tons on the Mega Games 3 compilation cart (which saw a ton of playtime generally).

And yeah, the Japanese art rocks. I love that kind of body/bio horror vibe. Curse’s art is excellent in that regard too.
                          The artwork for Curse promised much more than the game ever delivered though!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            The artwork for Curse promised much more than the game ever delivered though!
                            Paha not wrong even now I hover over it to buy just for the art, I'm sure it will happen before too long

Comment

A big one just landed.

Hunting for Aconcagua for a bit then ended up with a sealed copy; similar story with Blue too but the strip's a little torn on that. On the other hand, Cyberorg was my first grab from Surugaya, who listed it with a spine card which never materialised. Thought that might happen given it was very cheap, but still a good advance warning that photos in their listings mean nothing.

Already had a good few of these (played Pop'n 8/9 to death, in particular) but buying a bunch together worked out best to fill in the gaps I was missing.

Wanted EP given there's now a fan translation available.

Comment

Wow, insane haul dude. So much good stuff there

Do you play your lightgun games (and if so, by what method?) or are they purely for collecting purposes currently?

Also, what is the game to the left of Virtual-On Marz?

Comment

Working...
                                X