No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve received my Fixel 3DO ODE this week. I wasn’t expecting it until September nice to have something arrive early for once.

Clean and tidy little board.

Installation is easy and uses existing mounting holes and screws.

Not much need for the CD-ROM drive now.

It’s gone a bit Béatrice Dalle on me!

A wee bit of double sided tape later.

Unfortunately there was a bug on the menu screen but I’ve contacted the developer and he was able to reproduce it and has already sent me a link to an update. Very helpful fella. Despite that issue it works perfectly. Loading times seem to quicker than the REAL thing and it’s totally silent. Weird seeing the access light flashing without the associated noise.

Comment

Oooh, very nice. Got any other mods in your unit there?

Comment

Unfortunately not. Doesn’t seem like anyone is making the BlackDog RGB mod anymore so I might just resort to the 240p switch mod. The s-video output looks really good on the old SD plasma and moving to progressive would probably get me close to RGB quality anyway.

Comment

Alway wanted this but never owned it. Thought it was time to address that.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Unfortunately not. Doesn’t seem like anyone is making the BlackDog RGB mod anymore so I might just resort to the 240p switch mod. The s-video output looks really good on the old SD plasma and moving to progressive would probably get me close to RGB quality anyway.
            Yeah that is a problem with all their products right now. Seems they're focusing more on the PixelFX side of things.

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Veeery nice. I sold mine with the guide back around 2014 for something pitiful like £22.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 31-08-2022, 13:00.

Comment

One of the PlayStation's finest games. Made me want to buy the book but it's out of print / expensive.

Comment

Very nice. Love that game.

Comment

How I hath missed thy mighty maiden.

Comment

Great setup. Although that Roland amp/speaker really needs Retrobrite.

Comment

Love it. I kind of wish I'd kept mine just to be an ornament if nothing else. I don't care what the recent poll claimed, best looking system ever.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Great setup. Although that Roland amp/speaker really needs Retrobrite.
                        Looks like someone's smoked 1000 Malboro reds on it.

Comment

To be fair that's era appropriate.

Comment

Speaking of PCE/TG-16, I saw a boxed Turbo Duo in Croydon for £199. Sticker was very faded though so I'm not sure they'd honour that price now.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Speaking of PCE/TG-16, I saw a boxed Turbo Duo in Croydon for £199. Sticker was very faded though so I'm not sure they'd honour that price now.
                              Was that at PlayNation?

I missed a Yakuza 1 press kit in there, saw it on the FB but was gone by the time I got down there, still gutted about that.

Comment

Yes indeedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X