No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can never have enough shmups on your DC. Admittedly it’s taken just over two years for this item to arrive. In that time I’ve moved house and no longer have a DC with a working laser.
    After making the games ODE friendly I’ve given them a bash. They’re all quite good fun albeit with lo-fi aesthetics. Gigantic Army is the standout for me so far. Kind of like Assault Suit Leynos.
    Fair play to Josh Prod for supporting the DC for so long.

(Why can’t I seem to get the photos the right way around half the time?)
    Last edited by CMcK; 06-10-2022, 19:32. Reason: Photos

Comment

Nice , have that preordered myself from day one but still waiting for mine. I ended up buying Wolflame separately as its my kind of shooter.
      Last edited by QuantumLeap; 06-10-2022, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        Popping them off at the minute Armed F on HuCard highly enjoyable this one. Decent graphics, sounds good can't go far wrong.

Pretty much the only good Pack In Video game on the system! Out on PS4 as well as part of the Arcade Archives series.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
          Todays arrival , one screen and one button from the good old days.

Loving all these minty GB games. No mean feat picking them up in this condition- you've clearly got an excellent hook-up!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
            Pretty much the only good Pack In Video game on the system! Out on PS4 as well as part of the Arcade Archives series.
            Yes mate and I've owned some of their honest to god horrors. F1 Pilot keeps me up at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Yes mate and I've owned some of their honest to god horrors. F1 Pilot keeps me up at night.
              Haha I remember the first time you told me that hilarious tale.

Also, I seem to remember the music on the PCE version being better than the arcade version.

Comment

This mornings arrival,

Comment

I've ended up with a few doubles of some Japanese PSP games in a trade, I'm assuming the copy on right is like the Japanese equivalent of the PAL Platinum titles? The banners at the top of both covers are different, and the lettering on the spine is differently placed. The copy on the right also has a reversible cover, so I'm assuming that's what it is?

Last edited by Colin; 17-10-2022, 20:09.

Comment

More MD homebrew.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                      This mornings arrival,

The engine for that game was later recycled for a Transformers fighting game. Which had a boxing kangaroo Transformer as a hidden character, believe it or not.

Comment

CMcK

More MD homebrew
                        Mine arrived last week , its Contra Megaman and VVVVV all in one , I'm currently enjoying it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I've ended up with a few doubles of some Japanese PSP games in a trade, I'm assuming the copy on right is like the Japanese equivalent of the PAL Platinum titles? The banners at the top of both covers are different, and the lettering on the spine is differently placed. The copy on the right also has a reversible cover, so I'm assuming that's what it is?

I’m no expert but the copy on the right certainly looks like a later reissue. The banner at the top is the style Sony used later in the PSP’s life.

Comment

Aye, it's just a platinum rerelease after a bit of googling, I've never owned any Japanese PSP best of's so wasn't sure what the deal was.

Comment

One of the biggie's ticked off my list today with the arrival of Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting. Definitely had to patient to get hold of this one as there seems to be very few copies kicking around, and even more patient to get a copy of it at a price I was happy with! This probably leaves Hammerin' Hero (Gen-San if I can find the Euro or NTSC-J version) as the game that's going to be the hardest to get now. Chuffed with this one though, great condition and I've been after it for absolutely ages.

Comment

found these in a random box while i was having a sort out completely forgot i had even bought them, i think they came from here many many years back now. The Japanese GBA boxart was so much nicer looking even a game like spiderman looks amazing Boktai and Castlween seem quite sort after games these days

Last edited by Lebowski; 19-10-2022, 09:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X