No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do snag one, worth hacking it for region free, as two out of the three Sega Ages (or 'Reprint Archives' as they were called) were only released in Japan unfortunately. Although the one released in the UK and US did feature Galaxy Force 2.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      If you do snag one, worth hacking it for region free, as two out of the three Sega Ages (or 'Reprint Archives' as they were called) were only released in Japan unfortunately. Although the one released in the UK and US did feature Galaxy Force 2.
      Pop hShop on it if you do so.

Comment

Tempted by one on here and the memories vol 1 expansion, the inevitable happened. 3 day delivery from Nippon, impressive. Think I'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Tempted by one on here and the memories vol 1 expansion, the inevitable happened. 3 day delivery from Nippon, impressive. Think I'm in love.

Still want one myself
          They look so much fun...hope you enjoy it

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Accidental purchase ahoy! Undecided whether to keep it or just sell it straight on.

You don’t egret buying it then?

*gets coat*

Comment

Few treats, tried to get into KGP years back on mame, let's be real the core mechanic is annoying, determined to give it a better shot this time as looks great.

Long history with Galaxy Force, used to have this version then went to the PS2 one, discarding that one so back again. Mixed emotions, choppy as hell at times -it feels less twitchy than the PS2 version using the 3D pad, tho the ship won't turn correct in tunnels. The PS2 one isn't as perfect as people think tho it is a fantastic version, but on Saturn it's also worthy. Regrets? Nah it's still superb
              The Galaxy Force II cover art looks like it should
              be the sleeve for a sci-fi themed prog-rock album.

Comment

Sold the last of my Arcade Candy Cabs so I treated myself...

Comment

Woah gnarly haul so much to unpack!! Some real Jewels, after that Horror story myself. What ones are you most thrilled about?

Comment

Lovely stuff, I'd forgotten all about Ane-San!

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                      Sold the last of my Arcade Candy Cabs so I treated myself...
                      I suspect it will get overlooked in favour of some of the fancier gear there (well done by the way), but that GBA version of Downtown Nekketsu/River City Ransom is superb, I love lobbing the bins at people and seeing them run around with the bins stuck on their head. One of the best game remakes.

Comment

Woah gnarly haul so much to unpack!! Some real Jewels, after that Horror story myself. What ones are you most thrilled about?
                        Yeah I’ve really treated myself. The ones I’ve been after the most are Ane-San, Crows and Horror Story. They’re usually available on eBay but I like to hold out for a decent deal. Task Force Harrier and Super Airwolf weren’t common either, but they’re not as exciting.

Comment

Nice haul. Crows is a major disappointment though. I had that game years ago and ended up selling it with other rare yet disappointing games when times were hard.
                          Some Awsome Mega Drive pick ups too. I love Japanese Mega Drive boxes. So much better than the West. No horrible boarders, just full cover art.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Nice haul. Crows is a major disappointment though. I had that game years ago and ended up selling it with other rare yet disappointing games when times were hard.
                            Some Awsome Mega Drive pick ups too. I love Japanese Mega Drive boxes. So much better than the West. No horrible boarders, just full cover art.
                            I’ve just played through Crows, I enjoyed it, although I really like the IP so that helps. Reminds me a bit of Combatribes (for better or worse). I remember seeing it on a Retrocore years ago and thinking it looked cool despite what you had to say

Yeah that Mega Drive artwork on the Japanese games is second to none, it takes a massive crap on the European and Genesis boxes. I love the way the only uniformity is the little MD at the top, other than that it’s a free for all. The European set would have looked much better on a shelf if they’d kept to one spine type, or just let it be whatever, not the mix and match it turned out to be.

Comment

Funny you should mention Combatribes. I've just picked that up for the SFC

Comment

3 of 5 on the SGX now and no I'm not counting the Darius games

Starting a gofundme for 1941.

Last edited by Baseley09; 20-04-2023, 15:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X