Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    You're doing fantastically well at finding minty looking GB games QuantumLeap. Parodius and Twinbee are two absolute PCE stars for me as well. I kind of miss my ridiculous Engine collection sometimes these days.

We've been doing a lot of decluttering in the house lately, and while sorting stuff out I've gathered all my games in to one cabinet as they seemed to be in every drawer and cupboard in the house. I was actually surprised to see how many games I actually own at the moment. Couple of new PSP arrivals in here though nothing massively exciting. Also a few duplicates on the shelves that I really should get round to selling, but I won't lie, I'm finding it hard to find the interest in going through the ebay hassle.

THREE COPIES OF OUTRUN ON PSP?!?!!

Comment

The dangers of buying bundles.

Comment

Going through old photos I found this, which I assume is the last copy I owned. If only I could've predicted where retro pricing would go! Those of you who have the willpower to keep EVERYTHING must be sitting on nice pension funds.

Comment

Haven't bought a serious "collection" title in a while. Spotted this at a fair price and went for it.

Comment

I've had a real bit of a hankering lately to replay some of my favourite PS3 games, is that considered retro now?

Anyway, I really wanted to have a run through of the Resistance series again which if I remember rightly didn't really have that many fans back in the day apart from maybe me and @Brad. I wanted a Japanese copy because, you know, nostalgia and all. I probably shouldn't have bothered as this one turned up with a sunfaded spine and I know you can get UK copies for £1. Played a fair chunk of it today and you know, I still really like this game. Spotted the two sequels in CEX this morning, I think they were like a quid each or something so will pick them up soon.

The reason I'd actually been in CEX was to see if they had any PS4 arcade sticks, which they did not. But I did spot this as I was walking out, a game that may surprise some of you who know me I really enjoyed back when it was out. The real surprise here was it is in immaculate condition, not a mark on the disc or manual to the point I'd question if it had ever been used. Nice wee surprise for £4.

Then one last one for the ever growing PSP collection. Absolutely one of those that I in no way needed or was looking for, but I don't suppose buying old games ever really comes strictly by sensible decision!

Comment

Back to back posts it is then!

My wife is unexpectedly flying back to Canada tomorrow for two weeks. So me having picked up a few PS3 titles I wanted to replay couldn't have been more perfectly timed. And this, for me, is one of the absolute best. Or at least my memory tells me it was. I adored Vanquish when it was out back in the day, so as soon as I get the Resistance play through out of the way, this is next on the list.

It was joined today by yet another absolutely pointless SNK release on PSP. Just me being me and being a sucker for anything NEO related even massively inferior versions.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] I loved Resistance. The second was a bit rough but the third was really good!!!

I'd love Sony to ask Insomniac to reboot it for PS5. With Guerilla seemingly putting Killzone on the back-burner, Sony could do with a big, AAA FPS just in case Microsoft do end up buying Activision and deciding CoD won't be exclusive after all

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] Another Resistance fan here. Maybe some of it is due to me having only that and RR7 for a while with my Japanese launch system, but there was just something special about it and I've been trying to find a cheap as chips CERO copy for ages!

Comment

It was one of three games I bought for my JPN import PS3 during my first trip to Japan back in 2007.

Resistance, MotorStorm and Virtua Fighter 3. All for significantly cheaper than what they'd launch for in the UK thanks to the exchange rate being so awesome at the time!!

Comment

It’s a franchise that should definitely in my head be resurrected, but it’ll never happen. It had a small audience first time round so Sony will never see it as worthwhile. The NTSC-J copy I just picked up was £3. It actually made me laugh the other day, I’ll get an entire weekends gaming fun out of it for pocket change, it’s the Quality Chimp system.

Modern gaming is basically just reskinning great games in new HD fancy frocks. £70 for a whole bunch of fun or sub £5 for the same game a wee bit more jaggy. It’s not a tough choice.

Comment

I have acquired a cursed relic, the Datel GameBooster. Games run too fast (may be because I am using an NTSC console), there is no sound and I'm not sure saving works but I am amused all the same.

Comment

Lol, that is really cool. I've never actually heard of it but I would've loved that back in the day! I was envious of a friend that had a SNES and a Super Gameboy.

Comment

Paha what, never seen that in my life, how cool.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Incidentally (and on an entirely mundane note) I nearly bought a cheat disc for ps1 in a shop today but didn’t buy it as it wasn’t clear if it would work without the memory card.

Comment

Fools and their money etc, yeah what do we have here only the Japanese windows version of Splatterhouse. Impulse buy I need to spend less time on the Internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X